High Stakes Poker, The Big Game, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: High Stakes Poker

Ive seen episodes 1 through 5 and somehow downloaded ep12, so watching Negreanaus stack change was pretty funny. But you're right, great viewing and watching the pros go at it short handed is great.

Re: High Stakes Poker

I've downloaded eps 1, 11 and 13, from memory. Great viewing, and I enjoy Gabe Kaplan as commentator. Interestingly enough, one night on Full Tilt Jennifer Harman was asking people if they would be interested in watching a show on the "Big Game" in Vegas. She's apparently interested in filming it, but isn't sure that people would want to watch (and/or understand) the games they play (usually $2k/$4k or $4k/$8k H.O.R.S.E plus Stud Hi/Lo Regular [no qualifier], and 2-7 Triple Draw - usually no No Limit, though they sometimes add No Limit with a 100k cap).

Also, It will be interesting to see if Foxtel picks up season one of High Stakes.

High Stakes Poker Season 3 (contains spoilers)

I've just started downloading episode 1 and 2. Im sure others here watch it.

Re: High Stakes Poker Season 3 (contains spoilers)

episode 1 is on youtube, 5 parts.
pretty enteraining but jamie gold makes some ********house plays.

ah torrents, just waht I was looking for thanks mate.

in the 2nd episode Gabe Kaplan sits down to play and Dan takes his place in the commentary box. Was bloody funny to see.

I love this show. Loved the first hand Gold Vs Brunson.
Looked like Gold was trying to flop a monster and trap after that hand but failed. People seemed to have a good read on him.

One thing I would like to see on the show is a little graphic from time to time showing peoples profit/loss during the session.

Thanks to Borgsta for the torrent site as well. I was downloading at 180k on that website which is a record for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone had trouble downloading the fourth ep, or is it just me? Won't open for some reason.

Has anyone had trouble downloading the fourth ep, or is it just me? Won't open for some reason.

I've got episodes 3 and 4 downloading at the moment. I'll let you know if I have any trouble with it.

no problems for me.

Gold is an absolute tool in this episode, he must be down quite a bit in this game.

Is jamie gold the worst poker player int he world?

It's hard if not impossible to like him, but I can't be anything but impressed with his final table performance at the WSOP. Sure he had a big chip lead, but he obviously talked his way from Day 1 to the bracelet. They say the "gift of the gab" will get you a long way in life.

It's hard if not impossible to like him, but I can't be anything but impressed with his final table performance at the WSOP. Sure he had a big chip lead, but he obviously talked his way from Day 1 to the bracelet. They say the "gift of the gab" will get you a long way in life.

I agree, I didn't think he made too many wrong moves at all at the WSOP, he caught a lot of cards, but nowhere near as many as Moneymaker and his money generally went in when he had the best of it.

He didn't look too flash in the high limit, mistake no.1 seemed to be his starting stack (too low), but how many relatively inexperienced players would look good on that table.

He's a first class knob no doubt, but a better player than most suggest. No shame in being schooled by the likes of Negreanu and Brunson. (a little by Mike the Mouth though ;) )

He's a first class knob no doubt, but a better player than most suggest. No shame in being schooled by the likes of Negreanu and Brunson. (a little by Mike the Mouth though ;) )

Do you mean on the High Stakes show, cos Jamie was coached by Johnny Chan for the World Series?

I think Gold is underrated.

Yeah, he isn't a champion player like alot of the guys playing on HSP, but he never claimed be.

I was impressed by his performance in the world series. He made the most of what was dealt to him. When he had the nuts he made people pay, and he made some pretty impressive bluffs/plays, too. Give the guy some credit.

But I agree, his loose style isn't at all suited to cash games, especially when he's up against alot of proven, tight/agressive cash players like alaei, esfandieri, and laak. And then you have players like brunson and negraneu that just eat him alive.

Looking forward to see Farha back, as well as some of the FT guys like Ivey and Hansen. -_-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back