Hird to be sacked according to Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah no problem with that. Didn't think he was a good coach either. Its just having the golden boy on the couch bagging you weekly and then denying that he will coach to than say that he will coach. It hints at certain machinations that were working away in the background by the club while Knights was employed. For this golden boy to then be involved in all of this after that certainly does tie in with a club that at the least weren't run very well.

Again, its nothing old.

Grant Thomas did the same to get the Saints gig, Roos was hardly the good christian on the sidelines prior to being anointed at the Dees, Mick Malthouse for the Blues, Bomber in his switch to Essendon, and on and on and on.

Then you get to the dog stuff like what Ross Lyon did to get the Freo job, or how Sheeds basically hinted he would switch to RFC to get EFC to pony up more dough at every contract renewal (a strategy at cost us Northey because we kept believing it)

Even recently, apparently Hinkley was telling GC they should axe McKenna for Bomber Thompson

Most clubs show no loyalty to coaches (just look at Norm Smith at the Dees and Tommy Hafey at the Tigers), and not surprising most coaches show no loyalty to the clubs.

Only idiots who get all bent out of shape on this are us stupid fans

Go Bombers #standbyhird
It would seem that if you stand by Hird or his board or his CEO or other coaches or his biologist you will end up with a Show Cause Notice.
I'm also lead to believe,they are not a good notice to have,if one is involved in professional sport.
But hey Go Bombers,as you say!.

Again, its nothing old.

Grant Thomas did the same to get the Saints gig, Roos was hardly the good christian on the sidelines prior to being anointed at the Dees, Mick Malthouse for the Blues, Bomber in his switch to Essendon, and on and on and on.

Then you get to the dog stuff like what Ross Lyon did to get the Freo job, or how Sheeds basically hinted he would switch to RFC to get EFC to pony up more dough at every contract renewal (a strategy at cost us Northey because we kept believing it)

Even recently, apparently Hinkley was telling GC they should axe McKenna for Bomber Thompson

Most clubs show no loyalty to coaches (just look at Norm Smith at the Dees and Tommy Hafey at the Tigers), and not surprising most coaches show no loyalty to the clubs.

Only idiots who get all bent out of shape on this are us stupid fans

Similar to all successful pro leagues, of any sport.

Another similarity is the way these leagues, when required, rule the franchises with an iron fist.

Sometimes conforming to league demands is non negotiable

If we start saying clubs who sack coaches mid contract have no principles, none of the 18 clubs are worthy of our support

Smith is a senile old douche, and I'm still disgusted he supposedly threw his support behind my club
Not what they did, how they did it.

Not what they did, how they did it.

how they did it? they did it the same way every other club does it. Secret board meeting and then knife him in the back

again, this was nothing unusual, it was standard operating procedure.

Im hoping your not gullible enough to buy the stupid departure pressers all clubs do now with the old coach saying there is no bad blood, and the pres/ceo saying what a top bloke he is? All that is is an effort for the club to look moral, and the ex-coach to start rehabbing his profile for his next gig

how they did it? they did it the same way every other club does it. Secret board meeting and then knife him in the back

again, this was nothing unusual, it was standard operating procedure.

Im hoping your not gullible enough to buy the stupid departure pressers all clubs do now with the old coach saying there is no bad blood, and the pres/ceo saying what a top bloke he is? All that is is an effort for the club to look moral, and the ex-coach to start rehabbing his profile for his next gig
It's not what I think, it's what Patrick made HIS decision on. That's all that is at question here. He jumped ship because he hated how they knifed Knights and lied about bringing hird in.

It's not what I think, it's what Patrick made HIS decision on. That's all that is at question here. He jumped ship because he hated how they knifed Knights and lied about bringing hird in.

its what Patrick SAID he made his decision on. If you listen to him and KB each day, you would know Smith is fond of putting a bit of gravy on things to get attention. Strange he supposedly jumped on the team who gets bagged for sacking coaches because he didn't like the fact his club sacked a coach

its what Patrick SAID he made his decision on. If you listen to him and KB each day, you would know Smith is fond of putting a bit of gravy on things to get attention. Strange he supposedly jumped on the team who gets bagged for sacking coaches because he didn't like the fact his club sacked a coach
Not that they sacked the coach HOW they sacked him. i don't listen to him. I don't mind reading his articles though. There's a tipping point for everyone, the most recent evidence of which is to see the essendon supporters at each different stage of the last eighteen months. There are some still hanging in there with hird, but many more have jumped off with the latest move. No doubt more will if players lose games. N

Finally I can post again......so let me ask it's normal for a Coach to go against the wishes/orders of the Club and Players and be asked not to attend the Best & Fairest, right?

I wonder if all those people telling us all how ruthless Paul Little is are going to recant. Paul Little has shown himself to be nothing more than a Goose out of his depth who is getting pushed around from every angle. I mean Hird is (however possible) become more of a slimy campaigner with every passing day, yet you got to admire his tenacity ( I think Hird spells it T A N I A not T E N A C I T Y).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that they sacked the coach HOW they sacked him. i don't listen to him. I don't mind reading his articles though. There's a tipping point for everyone, the most recent evidence of which is to see the essendon supporters at each different stage of the last eighteen months. There are some still hanging in there with hird, but many more have jumped off with the latest move. No doubt more will if players lose games. N

and what was so bad about HOW they sacked him? Every sacking is ugly, so it was just postering by Smith yet again. He writes the odd witty article every now and then, but when you listen to him for an hour, its clear he's a bitter old man, who has virtually no contact with anyone in modern footy.

it would be like us taking Cornes seriously if he quit the crows over their treatment of Sando. We would all laugh and tell skelator to grow up. Don't give Smith more credit than he deserves

no current coach should be butting into the coaching arrangements of any other club - full stop

but as I said, it happens...
Here's the Telephone transcript:

Gold Coast CEO: Hi Ken what do you think of Bomber
Ken Hinkley: Good Coach
Gold Coast CEO: Thanks
Ken Hinkley: Sure thing... bye

Bomber: What do you think of the GC Suns
Ken Hinkley: Great young list & nice weather up there
Bomber: Thanks

Here's the Telephone transcript:

Gold Coast CEO: Hi Ken what do you think of Bomber
Ken Hinkley: Good Coach
Gold Coast CEO: Thanks

Bomber: What do you think of the GC Suns
Ken Hinkley: Great young list & nice weather up there
Bomber: Thanks

Yeah right. He should never have had the discussion, full stop. It's not like he can say Bomber worked for him as an assistant and he's providing a reference

Yeah right. He should never have had the discussion, full stop. It's not like he can say Bomber worked for him as an assistant and he's providing a reference
Why he's worked closely with Bomber why wouldn't he offer an opinion if asked? you are living in the dark if you think coaches & admin staff of clubs don't talk to contacts throughout the AFL for opinions on ppl.

Why he's worked closely with Bomber why wouldn't he offer an opinion if asked? you are living in the dark if you think coaches & admin staff of clubs don't talk to contacts throughout the AFL for opinions on ppl.

There is a big difference between speaking to an ex coach or an assistant, and having another senior coach advocate for the sacking on an incumbent. He stepped over the line IMO

There is a big difference between speaking to an ex coach or an assistant, and having another senior coach advocate for the sacking on an incumbent. He stepped over the line IMO
He didn't though it's rubbish

He didn't though it's rubbish

If a club rings up and says "we're thinking of giving Guy the arse, what's bomber like?", by not hanging up and saying "yeah he's a ripper coach hire him" you are advocating the sacking of McKenna. Pretending otherwise is just naive

He writes the odd witty article every now and then, but when you listen to him for an hour, its clear he's a bitter old man, who has virtually no contact with anyone in modern footy.
He clearly doesn't take himself seriously at all, funniest guy on SEN.

If a club rings up and says "we're thinking of giving Guy the arse, what's bomber like?", by not hanging up and saying "yeah he's a ripper coach hire him" you are advocating the sacking of McKenna. Pretending otherwise is just naive
He's being told something might happen & we are thinking of this guy as a candidate what do you think? there is absolutley nothing wrong with him answering question.... it happens all the time.

He's being told something might happen & we are thinking of this guy as a candidate what do you think? there is absolutley nothing wrong with him answering question.... it happens all the time.

By answering he endorsed the move. Not the first time port officials have interfered in other clubs affairs either

rfctiger74, I can't help but feel you are trying to make something out of nothing here.

Not really, I just don't people from one club jumping in and involving themselves in the affairs of another club, esp for something as sensitive as the senior coach. If Mick had done this, people would be going off their nut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back