Honest appraisal of the jumper today

Remove this Banner Ad

JDogg

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ok we've been over this issue a thousand times, but what did you think when they all ran out today? Better than expected or you nearly puked?

What were you thoughts when the team ran out today?

For me, I thought it looked like an old Brisbane Bears jumper from the back :thumbsdown:

Also, have the numbers changed in appearance? Seemed brighter or something?

I'm getting more accustomed to it. Doesn't mean I like it any more, though. Didn't really pay attention to it today, to be honest.

Probably the same for me too.

The only times I noticed it was when play had stopped. And let me tell you I near browned my strides from the fear the new lion inspired in me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting more accustomed to it. Doesn't mean I like it any more, though. Didn't really pay attention to it today, to be honest.

That is about it. Spent the whole game trying to ignore it, TBH. Stupid cartoon.

Not the worst jumper in the league but the turned around head just looks stupid.

Agree about the turned around head.

Having said that, it really didn't bother me once the game started.

It still is characteristically maroon, blue and gold......didn't really think about it once the heat of battle was rejoined.

I like it, but having said that, I really wish we still had our original one..

Also thought it looked o.k with maroon shorts, no other colour other than white goes properly with our jumper..

We still look like Brisbane Lions, thats the most important thing IMO..

The Lion head logo is shite though:mad:

Design by committee.

The logo plastered where the head of the old lion was doesn't look right (it's neck is just too damn long), the lion itself is too large and the front and back look like they're from different jumpers

In wide shots, it works because all you really see is a mass of maroon with a big yellow bit in the middle on both sides, close up it still bugs me.

It sucks! It will always suck! It is a kids jumper!

As I said the other day people have just gotten used to seeing it now so often now it doesn't seem like such an eyesore.

Sure while they are playing it's no issue, you can't even see it, but its still ugly and embarrassing once play stops.

Shocker.

Very sad for all Victorian based FOOTBALL fans.

The 'old' one (last years) was great. The new one makes the WA purple/green combo look fresh.

Someone was paid a lot of money to come up with something that crap.

Wow. Clown shoes. Every time I get my son an ice cream, I'll think of the paddle pop lions.

There is aggressive marketing and daring marketing. Or there is just stupid marketing.

Yes the blues have made there mistakes. But we can still walk down the street in our jumpers, shirts, etc.

I was a fan of the bears and the loins. Now they just look stupid. Bring back the Roy's lion! Isn't it the Brisbane, Fitzroy Lions AFL club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back