honorable loss !

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2000
melbourne (saints)
can it be any more frustrating barracking for our lot at the moment. we are showing improvement but are still managing to find unique ways to lose football games.

that first 1/2 was just pitiful and yet in the 2nd 1/2 they were gritty and showed some fight. when are we going to see the same fight they show when they are 6 goals down, at the start of a game when it counts and then continue for all four quarters, is that too much to ask just once this season. :mad:

what do we do with begley who has dislocated his shoulder again, he was just starting to become a solid player.

now if we could only take the 2 good quarters that we are going to play against melbourne and add them to the two good quarters we will play against collingwood then we will celebrate a win against the pies. :D severely denting collingwoods finals charge will do me for the year as the last game is always just a booze-athon with my mates regardless of the result.

Originally posted by StrengthThroughLoyalty

what do we do with begley who has dislocated his shoulder again, he was just starting to become a solid player.

I dunno, despite the possessions I just wasn't that rapt with his game last week & this week. His disposal was pretty bad, has no strength & gets too many goals kicked against him.

I would say Jason Blake plays a similar style of game but as least has more strength & plays that bump and grind style a lot better.

I think Begley's trade bait personally.

Regarding Beetham- I reckon he's gone, saw him in the VFL. He was pathetic. Terrible attitude, no skill level, greedy - coughed the ball up every time he got it, and refused to chase letting his opponents score easily. Basket case.

By the way, are you on MSN- you or any of the other sainters on this site?

If you want to chat a bit then give me your MSN addresses & it would be good to go through these scenarios on there.

Originally posted by Savatage
By the way, are you on MSN- you or any of the other sainters on this site?

If you want to chat a bit then give me your MSN addresses & it would be good to go through these scenarios on there.

i don't have msn as i already spend to much time on the net instead of working. :D

begley has pulled up ok and will play this week which is good news for him.

beetham is a real disappointment. there have been constant rumours about his attitude all year. i am still torn between trading/delisting him if his head is not right but i also believe that he is a young man and it should be up to the club and the coaching panel to educate him in what is required to play football, on and off the field. despite his kicking deficiencies he is still a talented player who should be playing in our seniors. it is easy to give up on a bloke that has not matured at the same pace as others but we must remember he is only 20 years old.

it is interesting to note that in last years draft one of the criteria was the kid must be level headed and show good character traits. this should be the basis of all future drafting and recruiting policies. we have had more than our share of talented head cases at the club 9winmar, lockett, hall, everitt ... n) and i firmly believe that they hinder the development of the team because of their antics and actions. give me a solid 150 game player who will play good but not brilliant football but be a valuable and popular team member any day.

thommo has already said that their will be a minimum of changes this year which creates a further atmosphere of stablity.

delistings or tradings should be.
- plapp (delisted)
- davis (delist / trade)
- callahan (delisted - unlucky but will not play next year and is slow anyway)
- burke (should retire, he would be taking the spot of a dal santo, clarke, ball or salopek?)
- loewe (retired)
- capuano (if everitt is not traded)

the following players could be used in trade negotiations
- everitt (depending what was on offer)
- blake (plenty of his type already)
- begley (see blake)
- beetham (head case)
- wulf (a taleneted enigma)
- oliver

salopek will probably be our first choice if the blues take wells and goddard.

if we are in front at 3/4 time against the maggies will we feel confident of winning knowing that we have finished the last few games off strongly?

ha ha not likely. :D :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back