Horsham DFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Harrow Balmoral's Michael Close and Kalkee's Tanner Smith. Selected in the AFL Draft by Brisbane Lions (pick no.32) and Fremantle (pick no.36) respectively.

Congratulations to Harrow Balmoral's Michael Close and Kalkee's Tanner Smith. Selected in the AFL Draft by Brisbane Lions (pick no.32) and Fremantle (pick no.36) respectively.

Congrats to both boys! I umpired both kids at 14 yr olds and Michael was clearly the better player but obviously their class difference it not as great as it was when they were younger.

Has the HDFL had more AFL recruits than the WFL over the previous couple of years?
HDFL: McDonald (Melb) Close (BL) Smith (Freo) ??
WFL: Taggert (Ess) Ross (Stk) ???

It makes it interesting to see who is producing the better juniors! But one thing is for sure that St Pats is the place to go with all 3 HDFL boys doing year 12 there!

Word out of Jeparit-Rainbow is that Chris Farrell has signed to move from Taylors Lake. Starting to lose their 2nd string players from 2011 now.

Natimuk Fc meet the coach / family day is on at the football club. Sunday the 9th of December.

BBQ and salads provided and the bar will be open, looking forward to meeting all the players and members

Any prospective Senior players can obtain my number by contacting the club or coming along to the day

Come down for a look and witness this club on the march in 2013

Cheers
Dylan w

Word out of Jeparit-Rainbow is that Chris Farrell has signed to move from Taylors Lake. Starting to lose their 2nd string players from 2011 now.

Down Hill for the lake of taylors. i can't see them having any seniors or reserves team, and if they do they will be the easy beat team once again.

That will make the fixture interesting for net year cos the teams who play Lakers/Pimp(with no Everett) will be at a major advantage % wise come finals time. Watch for fixture complaints there!

That will make the fixture interesting for net year cos the teams who play Lakers/Pimp(with no Everett) will be at a major advantage % wise come finals time. Watch for fixture complaints there!
With a ten team comp and 18 rounds, every team plays each other team twice!

Natimuk Fc meet the coach / family day is on at the football club. Sunday the 9th of December.

BBQ and salads provided and the bar will be open, looking forward to meeting all the players and members

Any prospective Senior players can obtain my number by contacting the club or coming along to the day

Come down for a look and witness this club on the march in 2013

Cheers
Dylan w

How's your knee Swifty?

How's your knee Swifty?

Yeh good spook!! Coming along nicely, at the moment I am touch and go for the stry of the year,
Plus I suppose the usual four weeks added to a knee injury and u have 9 months and round 5.

What are u doing mate? Heading back to gods country for a
Kick?

By the sounds of it there is alot of recruiting going in up there, 2 of
My mates are playing up there this year! Should be tough again for the lesser likes,

Word is Brent Forsyth is making close connections (pardon the pun) to get the Close brothers back to their farming country from the big smoke. The duo would be massive key position inclusions if they chose to return from the mattafix ('big city life')
Forsyth is a very cunning signing from H/B, as he an Imps man thru and thru and i'm sure will pull many one-eyed Bulldogs out of Hamilton who are not happy with the merger and move in the Hampden league.

He has coached both Close boys and it seems they may return to strengthen the Roos.

Watch this space in regards to lots of players (Quality and Quantity) signing as a result of Forsyth as coach.

Can anyone fill me in on the latest on:
Cooke-Harrison to Pimp
Milner boys to Horsham Saints
Excell boys to Kees
Argall to anywhere
Mass exodus at Lakers

No exell boys to kalkee , watch out for possible signing of Ben Hobbs , ex ballarat chb rumored to head to the mighty kees

No exell boys to kalkee , watch out for possible signing of Ben Hobbs , ex ballarat chb rumored to head to the mighty kees
Ben Hobbs has signed at Kalkee. Is a cousin of the other Kalkee Hobbs boys, but better!

Hey there Secretsaintsfan, Other than Close(s) what new recruits will the new DHML coach be enticing from down Hamilton way? Got any names for us?

Taylors Lake going to struggle big time. Gone are Kelms, Thomas, Dixon all to Horsham Saints and Hall to NQ. Also possibley going are Purcell, Britten, Hastie. Milners from EA will be at Horsham Saints in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Hobbs has signed at Kalkee. Is a cousin of the other Kalkee Hobbs boys, but better!

Hey there Secretsaintsfan, Other than Close(s) what new recruits will the new DHML coach be enticing from down Hamilton way? Got any names for us?

Taylors Lake going to struggle big time. Gone are Kelms, Thomas, Dixon all to Horsham Saints and Hall to NQ. Also possibley going are Purcell, Britten, Hastie. Milners from EA will be at Horsham Saints in 2013.

. If this is him moose he doesn't look that good... http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...189820330&client=0-6145-80339-151235-14556725

Well im removed from the Hamilton seen now Moose but when i was there plenty of staunch Imperials families were names like Kanoniuk, McIntosh, Quinn, McDonald, and even there captain last year in Hamish Waldron, so watch this space. But all of the Mininera and South West Leagues will be all over this overflow of players. But i can say they have already missed out on there B&F winner from last year who was 19yr old Tim Meulendyks who has signed with Casterton.

Cooke-Harrison to Pimp
Excell boys to Kees
Argall to anywhere
Mass exodus at Lakers

1. Who cares about Pimp? They will still be no good. Waste of a good coach.
2. Yes, apparently Milners are heading to the other Saints.
3. Excells have indicated they are going nowhere.
4. Pretty sure Argall has signed with Laharum quite some time ago.
5. Laker exodus - great to watch.

1. Who cares about Pimp? They will still be no good. Waste of a good coach.
2. Yes, apparently Milners are heading to the other Saints.
3. Excells have indicated they are going nowhere.
4. Pretty sure Argall has signed with Laharum quite some time ago.
5. Laker exodus - great to watch.
WOW!! Talk about some dislike there... ha! Great to see!

Any legs to these rumours...

Purcell & Britten to Hopetoun with Carr
Max Leeming retiring
Terry Arnel to the Kees (retiring from WFL)

Cooke-Harrison to Pimp
Excell boys to Kees
Argall to anywhere
Mass exodus at Lakers

Cooke Harrison staying at saints
Exell boys staying at Dimboola
Argall possible move
and the lakers are stuffed

kalkee look the team too beat ...... again ! credit too them for keeping such a strong core group together they don't often recruit many baked potatoes either ,

what else is news with recruiting wise from the others clubs ? taylors lake in big big trouble ? haven't heard much from up edenhope way ? maybe splashed a bit too much coin around this year ?

rup are looking strong for season 2013 from all reports . the baggies are keen to go one better next year , huge recruiting drive going on down at north park ,

are we going too see decent country league footballers running around with natimuk next year ???

kalkee look the team too beat ...... again ! credit too them for keeping such a strong core group together they don't often recruit many baked potatoes either ,

what else is news with recruiting wise from the others clubs ? taylors lake in big big trouble ? haven't heard much from up edenhope way ? maybe splashed a bit too much coin around this year ?

rup are looking strong for season 2013 from all reports . the baggies are keen to go one better next year , huge recruiting drive going on down at north park ,

are we going too see decent country league footballers running around with natimuk next year ???

Tell us what you know Rup and the Baggies??

I havent heard any positives coming out of Nati, so similar to last season i presume.

Well Edenhope's past history is never to publicly announce recruits much in the Rup style so dont write them off. neither of those sides need the mail times writing stories about them to justify there existence as they have strong local areas who will support no matter what.

There is sure to be plenty of rumours and discussion so i encourage everyone to post what they know to keep this off season interesting.

Funny you mention about Rup.... Have not signed one player, and lost a few too! With no juniors coming through you might just think, how long now til they merge with possibly the "Dunmunkle"

i expect the hdfl to be a tight tussle for 2nd and 3rd postion next season with kalkee a 6 goal better side cleary the front runners , rup , laharum , harrow , edenhope and the baggies will all be great contests by the sounds of things , i heard rup had kept most of there playing list from 2012 ? alot of soul searching down that way after being 50 points up and half time and then let the baggies roll over the top of them in the 2nd half of the elimation final ! which brings me too the baggies , credit is due too paul hanns who has pretty much saved that club from absolute disgrace , added some depth too there midfield with cowen and lewis baker along look for ricky whitehead too spend more time forward of centre lord help who ever gets the gig on him , ben martin has one a lexton plains league bnf expect him too play a bit in the ruck and midfield swapping with hargraves and nuske ,
haven't heard much from the moutain men ? surly this could be in for natimuk if they have another year like they did this season ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back