Horsham DFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries and complacency my sources tell me. but they were very complementary of the Bombers and their experienced heads in Hall, Dandy, Ward ect. Could be the smokey for this year.

Dandy mopped up everything down back, Mudda Ward was influential even on his dodgy knee, Weddell was a big target up forward, Brady King was very solid on Dixon, Combe was good mostly on a wing, and Hall did some good tyhing especially after half time. NQ had winners on every line, would have been hard to pick a top 6. Edenhope didn't look like a side that was undefeated. Had a few good kids, a pretty quick side, but not enough winners. The bloke who wears no 1 for them, i think his name is Bill? Fair to say he knows his way around a footy field.

Dandy mopped up everything down back, Mudda Ward was influential even on his dodgy knee, Weddell was a big target up forward, Brady King was very solid on Dixon, Combe was good mostly on a wing, and Hall did some good tyhing especially after half time. NQ had winners on every line, would have been hard to pick a top 6. Edenhope didn't look like a side that was undefeated. Had a few good kids, a pretty quick side, but not enough winners. The bloke who wears no 1 for them, i think his name is Bill? Fair to say he knows his way around a footy field.
Brent 'Billy' Christie is his name. played rep footy for Geelong Footy League. Top player, could go close to winning the Dellar Medal. dont write the Saints off, but this result just shows the league might be more even than first thought.

Brent 'Billy' Christie is his name. played rep footy for Geelong Footy League. Top player, could go close to winning the Dellar Medal. dont write the Saints off, but this result just shows the league might be more even than first thought.

That'd be him. Pretty solid unit, and you could tell he'd played at higher levels.

How is the interleague side looking? No Schultz, Dixon injured? I see a photo in the Mailtimes of Newo at training - surely not! Anybody got a potential line up?

What time do the matches start on saturday at the City Oval?

I hear that Dixon could be out for the remainder of the year with a knee injury. Beddison has been selected a full forward for the interleague and the coaches have managed to convince Steve Schultz to pull on the boots for the HDFL again. Twilight interleague game starts at 5pm.

What is the latest on James Dixon at the Saints? In the Mail Times on Friday he says he would be out for up to six weeks with a hamstring tear. But goes out and kicks five goals against Natimuk!

Pretty quiet on here of late. Thought I might post to see if we can get things going again. Looks like the top 4 are settled. Thoughts on 5th? I've taken a look into the crystal ball and my final ladder prediction is:

Kalkee 68
Laharum 56
Eden-Aps 56
Swifts 48
Rup 34
Nor-Quan 32
Harrow-Bal 30
Natimuk 28
Pimpinio 8
Taylors Lake 0

Basic summary of what I see happening. Kalkee will not lose from here. Laharum will drop one more game than Eden-Aps but should have enough percentage to hold 2nd spot. Swifts will win 3 out of 4. I can't see Natimuk winning another one but they might get lucky. Should be some good battles in the run home for them. Rupanyup, Nor-Quan and Harr-Bal all to win 2 and lose 2. Pimp and Taylors to continue the same way they are currently.

The finals will be interesting. I still think Kalkee will go straight through to the GF and I firmly believe it will be either Laharum or Eden-Aps to take them on. Those three sides have been the best (with Kalkee the clear front-runner) all season. While I'm aware the Swifts tend to finish the season strongly, I can't see them having enough impact to make it beyond the semis or perhaps the prelim.

Thoughts?

Pretty quiet on here of late. Thought I might post to see if we can get things going again. Looks like the top 4 are settled. Thoughts on 5th? I've taken a look into the crystal ball and my final ladder prediction is:

Kalkee 68
Laharum 56
Eden-Aps 56
Swifts 48
Rup 34
Nor-Quan 32
Harrow-Bal 30
Natimuk 28
Pimpinio 8
Taylors Lake 0

Basic summary of what I see happening. Kalkee will not lose from here. Laharum will drop one more game than Eden-Aps but should have enough percentage to hold 2nd spot. Swifts will win 3 out of 4. I can't see Natimuk winning another one but they might get lucky. Should be some good battles in the run home for them. Rupanyup, Nor-Quan and Harr-Bal all to win 2 and lose 2. Pimp and Taylors to continue the same way they are currently.

The finals will be interesting. I still think Kalkee will go straight through to the GF and I firmly believe it will be either Laharum or Eden-Aps to take them on. Those three sides have been the best (with Kalkee the clear front-runner) all season. While I'm aware the Swifts tend to finish the season strongly, I can't see them having enough impact to make it beyond the semis or perhaps the prelim.

Thoughts?

The Saints are going to manage their injuries for the remainder of the season and get themselves right for the finals. Last season they pushed to hard during the back end of the year and burnt out during finals. This year wont be the same.

I expect a Kees v Saints final. as for fifth spot i think Rup will get it also.

The Saints are going to manage their injuries for the remainder of the season and get themselves right for the finals. Last season they pushed to hard during the back end of the year and burnt out during finals. This year wont be the same.

I expect a Kees v Saints final. as for fifth spot i think Rup will get it also.
The top four spots in the final five are settled. As for fifth I reckon it is still well and truly up for grabs. Most likely it will be Rup, but HB and NQ are still a chance. I don't think Natimuk can make it now. Whoever makes fifth will not go too far into the finals series. And I still think it will be Kalkee V Laharum in this years Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals Venues
24/08/13 Qualifying Final at Kalkee
25/08/13 Elimination Final at Edenhope
31/08/13 2nd Semi Final at Rupanyup
01/09/13 1st Semi Final at Quantong
07/09/13 Preliminary Final at Taylors Lake
14/09/13 Grand Final at Horsham City Oval
N.B. if NQ end up in fifth spot then the Qualifying and 1st Semi venues will be swapped.

Well some upsets on Saturday have changed the likely make up of the final five, or more specifically fifth spot. Pimpinio winners over Rup and Harrow Balmoral winners over Swifts has severely hampered Rups chances and put Harrow into the box seat. HB are likely to end up in the five unless Rup can get an upset win over Swifts and then Rup may get in just by percentage. NQ would have to to beat Kalkee to get in and Nati would have to beat both Kalkee and Edenhope Apsley to get in so both these are unlikely.

Anyone got a report on the Harrow Balmoral and Pimpinio wins. Did the weather play a part?

The story from up the mallee is that cupido has left ouyen and is in talks with Kalkee for next year

If he in talks now then that means he is bugger all chance to play there. The bloke speaks and takes sign on everywhere but only ever decides in April. Word from Shepparton is that he had already signed to coach a mob over there

If he in talks now then that means he is bugger all chance to play there. The bloke speaks and takes sign on everywhere but only ever decides in April. Word from Shepparton is that he had already signed to coach a mob over there
I feel for the team he decides to go to. Not worth the trouble. Spits on opposition players, Hits young up and comers, yells at team mates, takes sign on fees all over the place. Word was that if he stayed at his current team up to ten players were going to leave next year. I think teams should take that in to consideration before paying him top dollar. Can kick goals but he will kill the confidence of all the young players and is all about himself.

So it's offial Laharum are a pack of posers back to the mountains for another wet miserable summer!!

I'm not sure if you have seen much of Kalkee's season but they are a 10 goal better side than anyone in the comp. Even if you combined Edenhope-Apsley and Laharum, they would probably still lose to the Kees right now. They are by a mile the best HDFL side of the last 10 years, possibly ever. I don't think Laharum (or Edenhope-Apsley if they make it through next week) are posers at all. The Kees are simply THAT good.

Anyone know the results from the tribunal hearings tonight? Chris Oliver of EA was reported for a behind the play incident reported by the goal umpire during the second quarter against Swifts on Sunday. Umpires spoke to him at the start of the third quarter and sent him from the ground for 15 minutes. Edenhope Apsley also had a reserves player fronting the tribunal for a head high bump in the 2nd semi final on saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back