Horsham District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrow-Balmoral and Pimpinio are the favourites.

Southern Roos signed Heath Watson, Matt and Bernie Ward from Horsham Saints to form a big-name coaching team.
Pimpinio still have the majority of their premiership team together and remain strong.

Great Western have a good chance of making the five as the signing of Billy Norton as a joint coach with Dale Hurley has seen quite a few fringe Stawell Warriors players switch to the Lions.

Trying to post match previews and reviews for the HDFL on the Ararat FNC website each week. Adding them to the end of the WFL previews and reviews as there are many people out there who have played in or are interested in both leagues.

watch out for a half forward dynamo in Pat Coleman for Kalkee. He is currently playing in the seconds. Hasn't palyed for 2 years. Once he is match fit he will be a walkin start for the 1's and will rip games apart with his blistering pace and skills. Has a deadly left foot and is a match winner.

Yeh I played with Coleman in Melbourne a few years ago and he is a gun. Was suprised to hear that he is in the magoos at Kalkee. Has the potential to kick 40-60 goals off a flank.

GW now 3-1 with a gutsy win over N-Q, top game from what i hear!!
Good start but a few tuff ones to come, hopefully can keep that top 5 spot!!

don't count out Pimpinio who are going for back to back premiership they will be right up their comes final time

freak29 said:
hows harrow-balmoral travelling at the moment??? any chance for the premiership???

Travelling alright. Recruitment of the two Wards and Heath Watson was significant. If Cam Penny and Max Leeming were still with the Southern Roos rather than Horsham I think they'd be red hot favourites. Lost by 17 points to reigning premiers Pimpinio on the weekend but kicked poorly. Final score of 12.16 (88) to 16.9 (105) shows they had plenty of opportunity to kick a winning score.
They are most definitely in the premiership mix freaky.

Grimmett said:
Travelling alright. Recruitment of the two Wards and Heath Watson was significant. If Cam Penny and Max Leeming were still with the Southern Roos rather than Horsham I think they'd be red hot favourites. Lost by 17 points to reigning premiers Pimpinio on the weekend but kicked poorly. Final score of 12.16 (88) to 16.9 (105) shows they had plenty of opportunity to kick a winning score.
They are most definitely in the premiership mix freaky.

thanks grimmy. can u tell me who have been the form players for the roos?

Brent Penny has 15 majors in four games.
The aforementioned trio of Matt Ward, Bernie Ward and Heath Watson are showing their major league experience and talent.
Michael James and Chris Heath have been consistent from what I've read.

Can someone tell me, how the form of Andy Ellis is this year and if he is back to his best ??

Interleague squad must be coming up, any idea of likely contenders for spots?

Fwaygo said:
Interleague squad must be coming up, any idea of likely contenders for spots?
just the usual. rarely to the good players put their hand up however a full strength team could do some damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many years have Natimuk been holding up the ladder now??
How do they/ or will they be able to survive much longer??
Anyone have a view??

Reverse Gerry said:
How many years have Natimuk been holding up the ladder now??
How do they/ or will they be able to survive much longer??
Anyone have a view??
If the amount of interest this thread gets is anything to go by, all of Horsham DFL may be stuffed, not jut the mighty Rams. Cmon guys lets have some chat.

is it just me or does the league seem to be getting stronger??? i cant remember the league having 4 teams harrow, laharum, pimpino and rupanyup of that quality in one season. surely any of these teams can beat one another on their given day.

Grimmett said:
Whispers about that Edenhope-Apsley from the Kowree Naracoorte Tatiara FL are considering applying for entry into the HDFL.
its about time. they have to move to a weaker league or they will fold. they've had no success for about 5 years now.

freak29 said:
its about time. they have to move to a weaker league or they will fold. they've had no success for about 5 years now.
If every team that didn't have success for 5 years folded there wouldn't be too many left?

Reverse Gerry said:
If every team that didn't have success for 5 years folded there wouldn't be too many left?

Think no success like 0-5 this year and hardly any better for years. They struggle to compete financially with the SA based clubs of their league who recruit heavily from Adelaide. I think they look a natural fit for the HDFL to be honest. They were mentioned as potentially a Wimmera FL club a few years ago but they seem better suited to the HDFL IMO. I'd be very surprised if the HDFL Executive or clubs knocked back an application. Only issue would be the fact they wear Power guernseys as do Stawell Swifts but I guess they can select from any number of designs and colours if necessary.

Reverse Gerry said:
true but with very little employment in the area and many of the home-bred talent moving away afer school times dont look like getting any better. the only question is if they move to the hdfl then will a hdfl team move up to the wimmera.

Pre-season their was some discussion generated by the Wimmera Mail-Times about Harrow-Balmoral being a potential WFL club. However, they have not produced on-field as anticipated yet this year and have stated as a club they are committed to the HDFL for the future.
I don't think any of the HDFL clubs are strong enough currently to entertain the idea but you might have a better idea than me freak29. Your thoughts?

Grimmett said:
Pre-season their was some discussion generated by the Wimmera Mail-Times about Harrow-Balmoral being a potential WFL club. However, they have not produced on-field as anticipated yet this year and have stated as a club they are committed to the HDFL for the future.
I don't think any of the HDFL clubs are strong enough currently to entertain the idea but you might have a better idea than me freak29. Your thoughts?
I think if harrow thought about it they would find it would be better for the club if they went up to the wfl. they would be more than competitive and would get back the likes of max leeming and cam penny. if edenhope came into the league it would be perfect for harrow to move up because being so close to edenhope, if any of the edenhope players wanted to continue playing at a higher standard they could move to harrow while players happy with the hdfl could play for edenhope. I think if harrow did go to the wfl they could have a very strong team with some quality wfl players such as watson, the wards and penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back