stokesy

Premiership Player
May 30, 2004
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
It is time for Houla to be traded or at least we seriously try and trade him. I watched him with intent last night and it was a great laugh. He turned the ball over, ran around the back of the packs and half went in with his arm, and body out of the pack lol. It was quite funny.

At one stage he got the ball in a tight situation and my Dad goes, 'Great stuff Houla', so I said 'See how he bloody delivers it first.' And you guessed it, Houla turned it over.

Hopefully he can string a few really good games together (Last night was okay, he got a lot of the ball) and then we can offload him.

What could we get for him, if he is playing like he is now? And if he plays like he did against Port?

Funkalicous said:
He turned it over once last night. Don't get carried away.

Once my ass. He turned it over at least 5 times, because I called for him to be dragged at least that many times :D

I remember him kicking it straight to a Brisbane player, I also remember him kicking a floater under no pressure at all and it bounced in front of target and Lions got the ball. He also missed targets on a number of occasions.

The only good thing he did last night was kick a goal.

why do u only look at the bad things he dose? what about the goals that he set up, there was atleast 2 of them and the goal that he kicked? dont just look at the bad thing he dose!

Leroy16 said:
why do u only look at the bad things he dose? what about the goals that he set up, there was atleast 2 of them and the goal that he kicked? dont just look at the bad thing he dose!

He is a creative player, but a player - in his current state - that the Carlton Football Club 'does' not need.

He is serious trade bait that other clubs would be interested in.

Seeing you love him so much, what would the Kangaroos put on the table for Houla Hoops?

People want to trade Fev and Lance, but I think Houlihan is a viable option instead of our forwards.

Houlihan is suffering from the same problems that many others have. Scotland, Norman, Walker before the last couple, Simpson etc etc all have confidence problems.

There are others like Campo who have attitude problems that are more damaging to the club than anything Ryan may add.Rather have players down on confidence than with victim mentalities.

stokesy said:
He is a creative player, but a player - in his current state - that the Carlton Football Club 'does' not need.

He is serious trade bait that other clubs would be interested in.

Seeing you love him so much, what would the Kangaroos put on the table for Houla Hoops?

People want to trade Fev and Lance, but I think Houlihan is a viable option instead of our forwards.

i wouldn't mind having him, you can have Shane Harvey (kicked 7 goals this week for port melbourne).

Shane Harvey (a reserves player), see you are a fan of ryan and you can only offer that. He has alot of potential, but what is that when your scared and struggle to make decisions under pressure???

Still showing signs of improvement in these areas though, and at least Houlihan is getting the ball - not too many carlton players are even doing that at the moment. As has been said on the other Houlihan thread really needs to improve a few areas of his game

Houlihan is yet another classy outside player that we have too many of. That's why we need to draft Shannon Hurn at season's end. To think, Walker will only get better and we haven't even seen Russell. We are quickly becomming a side with only ouside players.

Look at this list:

Inside
Koutoufides
Bentick
Johnson
Blackwell?

Outside
Stevens
Camporeale
Houlihan
Scotland
Walker
Simpson
McGrath
Clarke
Russell?

Once we bring in some better inside players, guys like Houlihan and Walker will have more of an impact on the game.

well no wonder i put a reserves player there you talking about him like he is one so what are you complaning about, if shane harvey isnt good enough who would you like?

Trade Houlihan to Port for Brogan........
Or to any other club for a decent, tall, tough backman with a bit of youth left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back