How often do you read?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im reading an hour or two a day at the moment, thanks to recently being given a kindle. Loving it. Have a 14 hour flight tomorrow and have loaded up an extra 60 books.
Got one a few months ago, loving it. I was always hesitant to spend money on it cause I had an iPad with the kindle app already but the different is light and day!! I prefer physical books but the kindle serves as a great alternative for books I don't necessarily want to fork out the $20 for a physical copy on or simply just cannot wait a week for shipping

Got one a few months ago, loving it. I was always hesitant to spend money on it cause I had an iPad with the kindle app already but the different is light and day!! I prefer physical books but the kindle serves as a great alternative for books I don't necessarily want to fork out the $20 for a physical copy on or simply just cannot wait a week for shipping
Exactly. Id been using iBooks on the pad but the kindle's screen doesnt reflect and the battery life is fantastic. Charge it about every 2 weeks.

DefiniteBlushingDutchsmoushond-small.gif

Phil Gluyas

Depends on the reading ease and state of mind. Regardless, I aim for 100 pages a week, maybe even 30 a day, but some books might take me a few months, others might take a day. Can occasionally go a month or two without picking up a book.

A book a month is a sound general target. Sometimes you'll read a lot more, sometimes you won't read a page, but throughout the rest of my life if I read 12 books a year I'd be satisfied.

My favourite way to read is in forced relaxation, waiting for someone/public transport. But sadly I haven't been un those situations recently so I like to give myself one hour a day reserved for reading. It feels forced, but worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No where near as much as I'd like or used to. Back in high school / university I'd knock through 40 - 50 fiction books a year. Now the usual middle age 'add-on's' of kids, full time work, wife, house / garden to keep intact etc. there'll be weeks where I don't pick up a book. :(

Same here though I generally take a book to work and read on my lunch break for 45mins to an hour. Recently I've been reading more at night instead of watching tv too but there's a heap to tv shows I still have to catch up (Punisher & Black Mirror for starters).

I used to work in a dead video store 3 or 4 x 8 hour shifts a week and would take books to read behind the counter. Also reading on train to work 50 mins each way. Now I drive to work and even when I do catch the train it's only a 20 minute ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back