How to fix the broken Pies...

Remove this Banner Ad

As unlikely as it seemed at the time, Wills has been a big part of the midfield getting clearances. He is not pretty but very effective in tackling and getting in the way of the opposition and allowing us to extract the ball. We are now having the confidence to take the game on as well. Crisp, of course has never wavered in this and backline is going well and the injuries have been covered well. I can see why they like Longmire as a coach, he is a beaut.

At least we’ve hit some form now, just have to keep the injuries at bay to be able to challenge the best. And acquire the round 22 win into the rest of our games, should be enough to get through some finals games

"Some" form won't win it for us. But I can see belief in the group - some will say Ade is not a true indicator of that. Even though that team were relentless against wc on wc home deck and we destroyed Ade on their home deck.

It's clear injuries are not our no1 issue, it's been form. We're a system team not personnel reliant.

Commented weeks ago that the players weren't happy and had a heart to heart with each other and coaches. Think it was after Brodie was criticized by Bucks and Bucks defaulted back to controlling with too many meeting and instructions. Confirmed in the HS today that many meetings were cancelled and the players asserted themselves. Got knocked by the usual suspects on BigFooty. Good to see the players being empowered again and it has worked out well for all. Brodie is a the spiritual leader of the group I think.

Commented weeks ago that the players weren't happy and had a heart to heart with each other and coaches. Think it was after Brodie was criticized by Bucks and Bucks defaulted back to controlling with too many meeting and instructions. Confirmed in the HS today that many meetings were cancelled and the players asserted themselves. Got knocked by the usual suspects on BigFooty. Good to see the players being empowered again and it has worked out well for all. Brodie is a the spiritual leader of the group I think.
Less likely to leave then Id say

HS a creditable source?

I don't get the negativity sometimes.

Ask 10 footy fans what the three biggest tests in footy are in 2019 and I reckon 9 of them will say the following (in no particular order):

1. Beating West Coast in Perth.
2. Beating Brisbane in Brisbane.
3. Beating Richmond at the MCG.

Other than us, only Port Adelaide has done '1', nobody has done '2' and only Geelong has done '3'.

We have done ALL 3.

We have consistently proven that we are up to the biggest tests and if we get some more bodies back for finals, will be in it up to our eyeballs.

I, for one, am incredibly proud of our club. We have weathered a very tough draw and - for the second year running - one of the most brutal injury / suspension runs in living memory. At one stage we had 17 players unavailable, which is straight up ridiculous.

Yet, here we are going into Round 23 against the old foe, with a big chance of finishing in the Top 4. Sure, we had a bit of a dip while the players and coaching group were trying to navigate through some tough games while we were significantly depleted. But here we are, seemingly out the other side, building some impressive momentum just at the right time. We are VERY hard to score against and are now starting to find some of our goal scoring mojo again, with two or three of our best attacking players still to come in over the next couple of games.

I'm currently on the train, on the way to get a couple drinks then head to the game and I am pumped.

Let's smash these posers tonight and go all the way.

Go Pies!

I don't get the negativity sometimes.

Ask 10 footy fans what the three biggest tests in footy are in 2019 and I reckon 9 of them will say the following (in no particular order):

1. Beating West Coast in Perth.
2. Beating Brisbane in Brisbane.
3. Beating Richmond at the MCG.

Other than us, only Port Adelaide has done '1', nobody has done '2' and only Geelong has done '3'.

We have done ALL 3.

We have consistently proven that we are up to the biggest tests and if we get some more bodies back for finals, will be in it up to our eyeballs.

I, for one, am incredibly proud of our club. We have weathered a very tough draw and - for the second year running - one of the most brutal injury / suspension runs in living memory. At one stage we had 17 players unavailable, which is straight up ridiculous.

Yet, here we are going into Round 23 against the old foe, with a big chance of finishing in the Top 4. Sure, we had a bit of a dip while the players and coaching group were trying to navigate through some tough games while we were significantly depleted. But here we are, seemingly out the other side, building some impressive momentum just at the right time. We are VERY hard to score against and are now starting to find some of our goal scoring mojo again, with two or three of our best attacking players still to come in over the next couple of games.

I'm currently on the train, on the way to get a couple drinks then head to the game and I am pumped.

Let's smash these posers tonight and go all the way.

Go Pies!
Too many prattle on about injuries being no excuse pffft.

Not just 17 players unavailable but first choice payers.

Too many simply to lazy to think for themselves and trot out the same tired rubbish.

Cox gone, Roughy better down back, there has to be another option surely? can't go into the finals like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back