How to make TB4? (Same ingredients as Thymodulin?)

Remove this Banner Ad

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
To anyone with a chemistry background, I would like to know if the ingredients/inputs to creating Thymosin Beta 4 are the same as those required for Thymosin Alpha and/or Thymodulin. (Apologies if this discussion has been had in the past - tried searching but found nothing).

A lot of the speculation around this issue is what was compounded for use by the Essendon players. We know that Dank referred to TB4 in several peices of correspondence, but he also sometimes only said Thymosin (no reference to type) and has corrected certain statements in the past by stating that he meant Thymodulin - this includes the backdating of documentation to restate the term Thymosin to Thymodulin.

We know that Charter had sourced inputs/ingredients for a chemist to compound....so this must lead to the question - are the inputs to Thymosin Beta 4 the same as those required for either Thymodulin or "The Good Thymosin"? Would it be a mix up that was likely given they used the same materials as their source (given the similar name)? Would an invoice of the materials sourced for compounding pinpoint to the actual substance created?

The compounding chemist doesn't actually synthesize the molecule from precursors. Compounding chemists just make up the doses. The TB4 would have been manufactured overseas and imported by Charter and delivered to Alavi.

The compounding chemist doesn't actually synthesize the molecule from precursors. Compounding chemists just make up the doses. The TB4 would have been manufactured overseas and imported by Charter and delivered to Alavi.
Do you know if the makeup of the substances is similar - e.g. if you broke them down, would you end up with the same fundamental chemicals?

(It should be more than obvious now that I'm no chemist).

Whether it is possible to synthesize one from the other, I don't know. I do know that it is unlikely that Alavi would be capable of doing that unless he has some kind of secret laboratory that we don't know about.

Whether it is possible to synthesize one from the other, I don't know. I do know that it is unlikely that Alavi would be capable of doing that unless he has some kind of secret laboratory that we don't know about.
Thanks for the help - appreciate it :)

Do you know if the makeup of the substances is similar - e.g. if you broke them down, would you end up with the same fundamental chemicals?

(It should be more than obvious now that I'm no chemist).
If you break anything biological down you end up with the same basic chemicals

The structure of the compounds the make up the smell of a Lemon and an Orange are identical chemically just with a different chirality like your left and right hand.

Thalidomide is a famous example one compound causes birth defects and the other does not but both are chemically identical mirror images.

The point I am trying to make is that just because something is a similar as your right and left hand are does not mean that the results on a person will be remotely similar.

Thalidomide is a famous example one compound causes birth defects and the other does not but both are chemically identical mirror images.

The point I am trying to make is that just because something is a similar as your right and left hand are does not mean that the results on a person will be remotely similar.
Thanks for the input - I appreciate what you're saying, however I am approaching this from a logical/investigative angle - I'm exploring the negative limb to see whether there is any merit to the mix up of the two different substances.

The logic/argument goes something like - if the two substances may have the samne basic chemical makeup....then the confusion between the two may be somewhat understandable/defendable....if they arent, then we can strike that out.

Thanks for the input - I appreciate what you're saying, however I am approaching this from a logical/investigative angle - I'm exploring the negative limb to see whether there is any merit to the mix up of the two different substances.

The logic/argument goes something like - if the two substances may have the samne basic chemical makeup....then the confusion between the two may be somewhat understandable/defendable....if they arent, then we can strike that out.
Pointless excercise IMO, the chemist has stated that he only ever prepared TB4 for dank never thmomodulin, so even if they were the same base substances, he never made the "good" thymosin.

I havent looked, but I'd wager the SOP for the production of thymosins is heavily patented and "eyes only". But I'd also say with great confidence that the lab produced and sent exactly what was asked for. This isnt like ordering a McChicken and winding up with a Big Mac instead.

Having said that, places like Hangzhou Sage Chemical confidently say they'll make and send out Dioxygen Difluoride so there's also an element of "buyer beware".

This is the recipe:

Six drops of the essence of terror, Five drops of sinister sauce,
When the stirring's done may I lick the spoon?
Of course ha ha of course.
Now for the tincture of tenderness, But I must use only a touch,
For without a touch of tenderness, He might destroy me!

(Professor Dank, bumped) Whoops too much.
(Prof) "Better hold your breath it's starting to tick:
(Count Kook) Better hold my hand I'm feeling sick -
(Milton) Hello Dad!
(Prof) What have I done?
(M.) I'm Courtney John, Your brand new son

The answer to that is NO

There is no way they could be mixed up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To anyone with a chemistry background, I would like to know if the ingredients/inputs to creating Thymosin Beta 4 are the same as those required for Thymosin Alpha and/or Thymodulin. (Apologies if this discussion has been had in the past - tried searching but found nothing).

A lot of the speculation around this issue is what was compounded for use by the Essendon players. We know that Dank referred to TB4 in several peices of correspondence, but he also sometimes only said Thymosin (no reference to type) and has corrected certain statements in the past by stating that he meant Thymodulin - this includes the backdating of documentation to restate the term Thymosin to Thymodulin.

We know that Charter had sourced inputs/ingredients for a chemist to compound....so this must lead to the question - are the inputs to Thymosin Beta 4 the same as those required for either Thymodulin or "The Good Thymosin"? Would it be a mix up that was likely given they used the same materials as their source (given the similar name)? Would an invoice of the materials sourced for compounding pinpoint to the actual substance created?
No they are not the same. The are fundamentally different chemical structures. Structurally and genetically unrelated.

Robbo claiming today a player has said he saw the label Thymomodulin on a vial he received. How convenient this comes up now!!
They don't know what they took and neither Essendon nor Dank can produce those documents.

Why bother!!!!!

We got a player who can't remember what Dank told him (otherwise he might have mentioned that), but he can remember the spelling of T-hy-m-o-m-o-d-u-l-i-n on a vial from months and months back. And he never even bothered to mention to Dank that he signed a form with Thymosin on it, not T-h-y-m-o-m-o-d-u-l-i-n.

Now there is a question for this player: He never signed anything on any form for T-h-y-m-o-m-o-d-u-l-i-n, yet he carefully spelled out the label when he was given it. He sounds very careful and anal retentive to remember such a thing. But he didn't ask about this drug he was being given at the time. Why?

No. But I really, really believe this stiory. Sounds right. Makes sense. No bells going off, or anything like that.

Even worse is Whately setting it up for him to ask. I respect Gerard greatly but he has been a pathetic puppet this whole time, I'm just not sure why yet.

No they are not the same. The are fundamentally different chemical structures. Structurally and genetically unrelated.

To further add to the simple truth of the above answer no you cannot make one from the other. You order one or the other. Chemist's role was solely to dilute, his explanation was implausible and unscientific if he repeated that statement under oath he is either incompetent and should lose his license or has perjured himself.

Dank's discussion of the properties of the peptide also suggests it was Thymosin beta 4 he was using, nevermind he also stated that he used it on EFC players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back