Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure who Double H is, but not sure who you are New Map either. I can only guess you are an O and M man as the only people who call him 'Jesus' are the boys from Lavi Panthers, why weren't you watching them play Corowa Rutherglen instead of heading out to Brocklesby?

In terms of Landy having tape on his hands, it was definitely to pull something.

Grand Final replay this week, with a couple of personnel changes in both sides. Henty have started to gain some momentum after a rough start in round 1. I look forward to the battle between Paddy Murray and Jarrod Hillary. Paddy has been quoted saying, 'Like a good mother tending her child that is cold, I will put a blanket over him'. Now that Sammy Murray has moved up to Sydney, Paddy has natuarally self oppointed himself as Henty's favourite son, I look forward to 'the favourite son' loping out of defence to kick a snag or ten.
Correct I do indeed know a few Lavington cricketers, although I am a Hoppers man which is where I know Josh from.
I was interested to see him in the 2's out there. Loved watching his run and carry while he was in the Green and Gold.

I'm not sure who Double H is, but not sure who you are New Map either. I can only guess you are an O and M man as the only people who call him 'Jesus' are the boys from Lavi Panthers, why weren't you watching them play Corowa Rutherglen instead of heading out to Brocklesby?

In terms of Landy having tape on his hands, it was definitely to pull something.

Grand Final replay this week, with a couple of personnel changes in both sides. Henty have started to gain some momentum after a rough start in round 1. I look forward to the battle between Paddy Murray and Jarrod Hillary. Paddy has been quoted saying, 'Like a good mother tending her child that is cold, I will put a blanket over him'. Now that Sammy Murray has moved up to Sydney, Paddy has natuarally self oppointed himself as Henty's favourite son, I look forward to 'the favourite son' loping out of defence to kick a snag or ten.

Maybe New Map went and watched you guys because there's more stars at Brock then the milky way and southern cross combined. Just wondering Angry Mal if you have thought about putting some tips in your Fabio hair to become more like Dermie?

Maybe New Map went and watched you guys because there's more stars at Brock then the milky way and southern cross combined. Just wondering Angry Mal if you have thought about putting some tips in your Fabio hair to become more like Dermie?

Ha, I had a fleeting thought to cut most of it off and leave a rat's tail like your man Danny Southern!

Interesting to see Jarrod Hillary not playing after Paddy Murray's comments earlier in the week. I wonder who Paddy will match up on now, Murphy, Brockley, the time keepers? Brad Horn should play this week for Brock Burrum, so Paddy may have to line up on him if he plays forward.

Ha, I had a fleeting thought to cut most of it off and leave a rat's tail like your man Danny Southern!

Interesting to see Jarrod Hillary not playing after Paddy Murray's comments earlier in the week. I wonder who Paddy will match up on now, Murphy, Brockley, the time keepers? Brad Horn should play this week for Brock Burrum, so Paddy may have to line up on him if he plays forward.
Just remember to shave a circle on the back of your head with the flowing rats tail coming out. Then go to the swinging arms and lose a few teeth and bang here's comes Danny. If this was to happen I'll be there to watch you carve it up !! All the best for Saturday . The General for BOG !!!

Interesting fall from grace for 2014 Azzi Medallist Nico Sedgewick, dropped this week. What is causing this? coach not like him? saw them in a heated argument last week

Interesting fall from grace for 2014 Azzi Medallist Nico Sedgewick, dropped this week. What is causing this? coach not like him? saw them in a heated argument last week

Hit the nail on the head New Map! Massive tension between the 2 after Nico found Jazz fishing in one of Nico's favourite spots!

just a quick one. Any clubs out there looking for a sports trainer for the rest of the season? Would love to help out if possible and gain some experience.

I would nearly bet on it that hillary would of been to scared to play

just a quick one. Any clubs out there looking for a sports trainer for the rest of the season? Would love to help out if possible and gain some experience.
Hi Mate, come down to Urana Road oval Tuesday or Thursday from 6pm. Murray Magpies are happy to help you gain experience, can never have too many trainers on hand!

Heard on the grape vine that The General has been brought into the Inter league team. He's the team motivator . A true leader in every form on and off the field.
So what's the chances of Hume winning? Will be they be strong enough or is Interleague a joke?

Heard on the grape vine that The General has been brought into the Inter league team. He's the team motivator . A true leader in every form on and off the field.
So what's the chances of Hume winning? Will be they be strong enough or is Interleague a joke?
Interleague is a joke, the clubs hate it too but are too scared to stand up to Merv who loves it.

Marmo shown the door at Holbrook and RWW told him they didn't want him.......maybe his past is catching up with him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interleague is a joke, the clubs hate it too but are too scared to stand up to Merv who loves it.

Why do you think Interleague is a joke? I personally, like it. it gives players an opportunity to play with better players and play a higher standard game against a better opposition, even if it just for one game. It also helps players meet other players in a different environment than opposing them on the field. As I see it, the prestige has been taken out of interleague since the money factor has got involved. Clubs don't want their best players getting hurt in interleague when they are paying big money on a Saturday, and if you are carrying an injury from interleague, the club isn't getting a return from their investment. Is this a fair assessment? Personally I'd like to see our best players play and highlight how good the league is, because the standard across the board has definitely improved over the last ten years.

A joke is perhaps an unfair assessment. However, I believe it has run it's race. The reasons why are the same as to why the AFL does not have anymore, and you listed some of those. The lack of availability of players in the past is testament to that. When I ask players about it they prefer the week off. Clubs don't like the mandatory nature if selected either. It exposes players to injury. I also believe that inter league is not a fair reflection if what the best league is, it's only a reflection of which league has recruited better that season ( if those recruits end up playing).Under age inter league is the best reflection of which league is better IMO because junior development is more important for a clubs survival and shows which leagues are putting in the hard yards in this area.

When I visited opposition clubs the first question the officials would ask is what I thought about inter league. There's not a lot of support for it outside of the league officials. Just my observation, doesn't make me right!

Marmo shown the door at Holbrook and RWW told him they didn't want him.......maybe his past is catching up with him?
Gee WoW Wee . It's ok he'll probably end up at Bullioh under Trent Ball and Matt Jensch.
Interleague is a funny one because leagues go around we are the best in the area and have the best players but when it's crunch time those so called players don't play. Money is one reason but just wondering if a player get's hurt for the season at interleague who cops his medical bills etc.
This weeks round should a cracker with Saints up against Howlong. Can the spiders put it together and knock them off. Holbrook have been disappointing and what's happening at Magpies. Change of coach was it in house our just has his time there finished? I see Jarrah Wheelbarrow tried to go to Upper Murray but was denied.

Gee WoW Wee . It's ok he'll probably end up at Bullioh under Trent Ball and Matt Jensch.
Interleague is a funny one because leagues go around we are the best in the area and have the best players but when it's crunch time those so called players don't play. Money is one reason but just wondering if a player get's hurt for the season at interleague who cops his medical bills etc.
This weeks round should a cracker with Saints up against Howlong. Can the spiders put it together and knock them off. Holbrook have been disappointing and what's happening at Magpies. Change of coach was it in house our just has his time there finished? I see Jarrah Wheelbarrow tried to go to Upper Murray but was denied.

Hearing Marmo has tried to shop himself around and hasn't shown up to a couple of clubs that he said he was going to. The "coach change" at magpies is just a front so they can get Maher on zero points and for all their points on the park. I was at the magpies last game and Lambert is definitely still calling the shots. Nothing wrong with it at all, if there is a loophole in the system, use it to your advantage.

Hearing Marmo has tried to shop himself around and hasn't shown up to a couple of clubs that he said he was going to. The "coach change" at magpies is just a front so they can get Maher on zero points and for all their points on the park. I was at the magpies last game and Lambert is definitely still calling the shots. Nothing wrong with it at all, if there is a loophole in the system, use it to your advantage.
Thanks for the clause 101 in point dodging.
Marmo hahaha things haven't changed.
Well onto yesterdays game between Saints and Howlong. The spiders took it up them until half time. Then the saints went another level and took control. The guys from NT have plenty of pace but so has Williams from the saints. Gee Saints have found a gun forward in Brockley. Great hands and kicks goals with ease. Plus a solid unit.

On the 2's game with D-Will carving up the backline like a butcher with a sharp knife on fresh meat. Not sure who 32 is but mate that's not a bread . A greek woman grows a better one in a week. As for The Lion Tamer that's a fair head of hair just waiting pantene to call for a shampoo ad mate. The game was pretty one sided with a few guys trying to break into the ones. The Wiz was outstanding in breaking away from the packs and Peters is huge and played solid. Hawkins was trying his best at taking mark of the year. I was very impressed with Charlie on his coaching and the way he spoke to the playing group. All the best boys and hopefully see you a few more times.

Thanks for the clause 101 in point dodging.
Marmo hahaha things haven't changed.
Well onto yesterdays game between Saints and Howlong. The spiders took it up them until half time. Then the saints went another level and took control. The guys from NT have plenty of pace but so has Williams from the saints. Gee Saints have found a gun forward in Brockley. Great hands and kicks goals with ease. Plus a solid unit.

On the 2's game with D-Will carving up the backline like a butcher with a sharp knife on fresh meat. Not sure who 32 is but mate that's not a bread . A greek woman grows a better one in a week. As for The Lion Tamer that's a fair head of hair just waiting pantene to call for a shampoo ad mate. The game was pretty one sided with a few guys trying to break into the ones. The Wiz was outstanding in breaking away from the packs and Peters is huge and played solid. Hawkins was trying his best at taking mark of the year. I was very impressed with Charlie on his coaching and the way he spoke to the playing group. All the best boys and hopefully see you a few more times.

Is this a 3rd account now for Danny? If you want to pump up your own tyres can you at least just do it on the one account? Cheers

Great call by coach - the one thing a young list doesn't need is a bad role model. Damaging player who the club could have stuck with to sneak wins, but shows the coach is making a stand and attempting change through attitudes and standards. Good luck Whitey!

Great call by coach - the one thing a young list doesn't need is a bad role model. Damaging player who the club could have stuck with to sneak wins, but shows the coach is making a stand and attempting change through attitudes and standards. Good luck Whitey!
Big Al can you elaborate? Was he actually sacked by the footy club and what did he do?

Can anyone from up Osborne way shed any light on where Trent Hadrill will be next season? After quite a few long and fruitful meetings with Thurgoona in the offseason, where Thurgoona thought they had their man, he decided to stay at Ostrich Park. The man that goes by 'Leslie Chow' to his teammates, not because of his never say die attitude, but for other smaller reasons, is said to be severely unimpressed by his non selection in the interleague squad. A source close to him has quoted him saying 'I am the best dancer since Fred Astaire. Just like One Nightclub, the footy field is my dancefloor.' I wouldn't be suprised if there was more fire on the field than just Leslie Chow's hair, when Chow and Tex Walker meet in round 12. From what I understand, Thurgoona did offer him a substantial package for this current season, however rumour has it, that it would be a large pay cut from what he is currently on. However he would be guaranteed to be the best defender in the Tallangatta and District league and he would most likely captain their interleague side. Watch this space.

Last edited:
Angry Mal can you keep an eye on the great Brock Burrum Saint, Saint dwill, captain courages, the man behind the success what ever you call him out that way as booma Harvey took to Richmond to town last night. I have fears for his safety. Yours sincerely Frankycee

Well the scores showed it's winter and wet weather football. The Saints trailed for most of the day but got ahead when it counted. Looking at the 2's it was a slaughter with Saints doing it easy. Even The General chipped in for a lazy goal. I'm sure he will say it was goal of the year material. He's just a all round player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back