Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

See Holbrook beat Jindera,and Osborne belted BB.Magpies win and Lockhart wont make the finals.
so called big guns for jindera played 2's ash murray kicked 8 sam dewar best on in 2s did josh walker take holbrook lightly? never write osborne off have heard there flag pole needs renewing as they hav worn it out. walla in for long season wont win a game marmo destroyed again

so called big guns for jindera played 2's ash murray kicked 8 sam dewar best on in 2s did josh walker take holbrook lightly? never write osborne off have heard there flag pole needs renewing as they hav worn it out. walla in for long season wont win a game marmo destroyed again

Not sure what you mean take them lightly. No one takes anyone lightly in this comp. Losing walker after being picked off at the opening centre bounce didnt help.

I believe down at BB's some of them are still wearing their medal and also have their fingers up their bum, as they think it will be a walk in the park..
I think they may have to rethink their attitude if they look to go back to back

I saw an interesting post on the tallangatta league forum.. And i thought it would be intriguing to see what everyone's answer would be considering there are more quality players in the Hume league..
So the question is to name each teams best player/s....?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I believe down at BB's some of them are still wearing their medal and also have their fingers up their bum, as they think it will be a walk in the park..
I think they may have to rethink their attitude if they look to go back to back

Geez you're not giving any credit to Osborne at all here. They have belted Holbrook in round 1, who have come back and beaten a good side in Jindera, then Osborne have given us a lessen also. They played really well and credit needs to be given to them. With the likes of King Kong, sporting a beard that an Amish grandfather would be proud of, and big H, leaping like an Antelope, they looked really good. Not to mention Marty Bahr, who loves to be referred to as Gandalf, because he is 'A Wizard with the footy'.

Boxhead, how did Macca go in his first run?

Not sure what you mean take them lightly. No one takes anyone lightly in this comp. Losing walker after being picked off at the opening centre bounce didnt help.
if ur gonna rely on walker gonna b long season for u new guys obviously didnt gel together

if ur gonna rely on walker gonna b long season for u new guys obviously didnt gel together
Not saying we rely on him. Saying it hurts a side when you lose your coach on field leader in the first minute of the game. Variety of reasons. We played 6-7 games without him last year and still went okay. Credit to Holbrook though. And you're right we didn't really gel.

Rand's mark kimball will miss the next month of footy as he has developed an infection after attempting a self circumcision on Saturday night. Will be a big loss for the tigers

Rand's mark kimball will miss the next month of footy as he has developed an infection after attempting a self circumcision on Saturday night. Will be a big loss for the tigers
wat did kimball do to u y dont u say that s**t to his face one of the nicest guys u could meet

Not saying we rely on him. Saying it hurts a side when you lose your coach on field leader in the first minute of the game. Variety of reasons. We played 6-7 games without him last year and still went okay. Credit to Holbrook though. And you're right we didn't really gel.
i think its open slather this year if ur not switched on ready to go anyonr could beat anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez you're not giving any credit to Osborne at all here. They have belted Holbrook in round 1, who have come back and beaten a good side in Jindera, then Osborne have given us a lessen also. They played really well and credit needs to be given to them. With the likes of King Kong, sporting a beard that an Amish grandfather would be proud of, and big H, leaping like an Antelope, they looked really good. Not to mention Marty Bahr, who loves to be referred to as Gandalf, because he is 'A Wizard with the footy'.

Boxhead, how did Macca go in his first run?

But to be perfectly honest, BB have been pretty on themselves, having only just scrapped over Howlong, and from talking to a few people their, they have their full squad in... This could only mean one thing, to many big heads getting in the road of a goof team!

NOP just wondering was it legal and i hope your club has more than 1 on field leader. Now is the time for the players to stand-up and be counted even if it was just your first game. Wish your coach a speedy recovery .Hope to come out an see a game soon work permitting

NOP just wondering was it legal and i hope your club has more than 1 on field leader. Now is the time for the players to stand-up and be counted even if it was just your first game. Wish your coach a speedy recovery .Hope to come out an see a game soon work permitting

Legal and part and parcel of country footy. Would be in trouble if it was the AFL, but most country footballers would be. Wasn't the leadership more so the loss of a prime mover so early in the game. No excuses but. Looking forward to taking on the Saints this week.

Sad to read in the paper today about Michael Lamb going down with another knee injury. Saw him play for Holbrook a few times and I reckon at his best was the most damaging player in the comp. Could play at either end and was very hard to match up on with a booming kick. Will be a massive loss for the Brookers

[q="NETGEAR, post: 32464392, member: 41663"]Sad to read in the paper today about Michael Lamb going down with another knee injury. Saw him play for Holbrook a few times and I reckon at his best was the most damaging player in the comp. Could play at either end and was very hard to match up on with a booming kick. Will be a massive loss for the Brookers[/quote]
He nearly single handedly dragged Holbrook over the line in the 2011 grand final. Absolute gun. Fingers crossed this isn't the only serious knee injury we hear about this week.

[q="NETGEAR, post: 32464392, member: 41663"]Sad to read in the paper today about Michael Lamb going down with another knee injury. Saw him play for Holbrook a few times and I reckon at his best was the most damaging player in the comp. Could play at either end and was very hard to match up on with a booming kick. Will be a massive loss for the Brookers
He nearly single handedly dragged Holbrook over the line in the 2011 grand final. Absolute gun. Fingers crossed this isn't the only serious knee injury we hear about this week.[/quote]
Who else has a knee injury NOP?

Agree with you totally Thebigissue if anyone has actually seen these Canberra boys play you would probably eat your words swan dive
Agree,, I commented here a few weeks ago, predicting Rand/Walbundrie will finish top of the ladder. Not just because of the Canberra guys, but regained Warren Memo who has bagged 17 goals in 2 games, plus recruited a few fringe players giving depth,,,, have good youngsters developing, finished only 2 or 3 games away from the finals in 2013, and as the season goes on, this team will gel as the players get playing time together.Will be a big threat.
Surprising is the form of Osborne.... so far..

Agree,, I commented here a few weeks ago, predicting Rand/Walbundrie will finish top of the ladder. Not just because of the Canberra guys, but regained Warren Memo who has bagged 17 goals in 2 games, plus recruited a few fringe players giving depth,,,, have good youngsters developing, finished only 2 or 3 games away from the finals in 2013, and as the season goes on, this team will gel as the players get playing time together.Will be a big threat.
Surprising is the form of Osborne.... so far..
the form from Osborne is really suprising, as they didnt show anything but stepping backwards in the Pre season.... It just shows that Pre season hype isn't that good of a thing in any comp

Tips this week
Jindera let me down last week if they had there number 1 goalkicker in last week i think the result mite have been different so the teams aren't out yet so here are my tips.
Saints over Jindera 14pts
Lockhart over Crows by32pts
Culcairn over Walla 44pts
Howlong over CDHBU by 31pts
R/W over Magpies 37pts
Henty over Osborne 10pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back