Toast Hunter-Gatherers

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how as a board we've gone from talking about how we'd be lucky to get pick 30 for him to turning down pick 6. Just shows how massive his turnaround has been. He's right up there with Macrae, Wallis, Bontempelli, Liberatore and Dahlhaus as a midfield lock. God that's a sexy as * midfield.

Hunter is the prodigal son. Returned from the wilderness, he shall have my blessings.
Has anyone got a fatted cow to offer to Lachie?

Speaking of prodigal sons, how much would griffen fit the story if he came back to the dogs? Not saying it should happen, but it even has the pigs! There is some romanticism about two prodigal hunters coming back from the wilderness.

Has anyone got a fatted cow to offer to Lachie?

Speaking of prodigal sons, how much would griffen fit the story if he came back to the dogs? Not saying it should happen, but it even has the pigs! There is some romanticism about two prodigal hunters coming back from the wilderness.
If only Callan Ward liked to shoot pigs and not Griffen.

Like others I was really critical of him earlier this year. I thought he was soft and only ever had eyes for cheap goals.

I admit I was wrong. He was a maniac on the weekend, 20 disposals in the first half. I watched him closely and even when he was close to the goals he passed to teammates and resisted the urge to have a snap.

I also think he hasn't even hit his best yet. Great player, hopefully he keeps it up. :thumbsu:

The capacity he has to ensure a mark inside 50 is, in my opinion, the best in the AFL.

He just makes sure it hits a target. They wont necessarily be in the easiest place to have a crack, but he gets it on their chest and it is invaluable.

Lachie used to make me so frustrated.....he had obvious talent to burn yet seemed to be throwing it away.

But then it all clicked and it has been a beautiful thing, and I still think he is only scratching the surface in terms of his potential.

The capacity he has to ensure a mark inside 50 is, in my opinion, the best in the AFL.

He just makes sure it hits a target. They wont necessarily be in the easiest place to have a crack, but he gets it on their chest and it is invaluable.
Reminds me of Gia. Was always confident when he had the ball just outside 50.

Like others I was really critical of him earlier this year. I thought he was soft and only ever had eyes for cheap goals.

I admit I was wrong. He was a maniac on the weekend, 20 disposals in the first half. I watched him closely and even when he was close to the goals he passed to teammates and resisted the urge to have a snap.

I also think he hasn't even hit his best yet. Great player, hopefully he keeps it up. :thumbsu:

You weren't actually wrong though. Earlier in the year he WAS soft and had an eye for cheap goals. Remember his effort in Cairns when Stringer was on the lead and he bombed away at goals. Epitomised him perfectly.

Thankfully, someone or something has got into his head that if he doesn't play the team game he won't be playing Seniors any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts EXACTLY..... :)

I can't believe someone has correctly used the term prodigal, as opposed to the media's standard use of "prodigal" synonymously with "gun" or "x-factor"

I think they are using the term prodigy which does refer to someone with outstanding skills in a particular field.

Prodigal actually refers to over the top spending, opposed the common misconception that it is some sort the homecoming. You could argue Tom Boyd is our prodigal son:)

Nice, so Ryan Davidson was trawling Big Footy last night?
I thought the same, but I note how that article title is pretty obvious as well. We have probably had lots of posters who have said "The hunter has become the gatherer" or similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back