I'd like to post this information on my Grandad (Percy Burge), who fought in Egypt, Gallipoli and on the Western Front.

Remove this Banner Ad

i saw your post. my grandfather volunteered on the first weekend after war was declared... he went to ballarat to do it. Arrived on gallipoli on the first day landing and suffered from everything possible on the next few years. Came back a quiet and sick man. I remember him going down back to the garden of his place in maryborough whenever we came up to see the grandparents. Put in for a pension over a 30 year period and got knocked back every time. They gave them a medal after the second world war but my grandmother went to get it. Reputably never went on a march but went down to the pub afterwards to see the boys who made it back. Not a glorious life.

i saw your post. my grandfather volunteered on the first weekend after war was declared... he went to ballarat to do it. Arrived on gallipoli on the first day landing and suffered from everything possible on the next few years. Came back a quiet and sick man. I remember him going down back to the garden of his place in maryborough whenever we came up to see the grandparents. Put in for a pension over a 30 year period and got knocked back every time. They gave them a medal after the second world war but my grandmother went to get it. Reputably never went on a march but went down to the pub afterwards to see the boys who made it back. Not a glorious life.
Very sad mate, the Gevernment HAS to look after these guys and their families.

Very sad mate, the Gevernment HAS to look after these guys and their families.

Best to stop having wars. I'd like the UN to bring in a world-wide decree that the leaders of warring countries need to be on the front line. I saw a video story about a month back and the US general was in an office in Washington directing front line troops in Afganistan. You might have a more romantic view of war and lot of people do. I'm not one of those people

Best to stop having wars. I'd like the UN to bring in a world-wide decree that the leaders of warring countries need to be on the front line. I saw a video story about a month back and the US general was in an office in Washington directing front line troops in Afganistan. You might have a more romantic view of war and lot of people do. I'm not one of those people
Slight problem with that; might be that the people who control the UN (i.e .. heads of government) are the same people who start the wars. You know... Psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies and power. That ol chestnut. Mind you they would all make that decree if it suited them at the time.. knowing it's ultimate meaninglessness. But if you wanted to go there it should be that they have to act as champions and duel to the death to decide the outcome of the dispute... so that others don't have to.

Slight problem with that; might be that the people who control the UN (i.e .. heads of government) are the same people who start the wars. You know... Psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies and power. That ol chestnut. Mind you they would all make that decree if it suited them at the time.. knowing it's ultimate meaninglessness. But if you wanted to go there it should be that they have to act as champions and duel to the death to decide the outcome of the dispute... so that others don't have to.

thats a good modification.... game of thrones stuff... modify the legislation please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back