SgtSchulz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2014
Bob McLean Sportsbar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mark Webber
Post your impossible questions here and hopefully someone will somehow know them. I will try my best to put them all in the opening post.

Questions

Q1. (SgtSchulz) - What was the motorbike that Harold Oliver rode?
A1. (Unanswered) -

Q2. (SgtSchulz) - A picture of Haydn Bunton Sr. in a Port Adelaide guernsey.
A2. (Unanswered) -

Q3. (SgtSchulz) - A recording of "Pride of Port Adelaide" written by Stoneham or the base tune.
A3. (Unanswered) -

Q4. (SgtSchulz) - What number did Geoff Blethyn wear for Port Adelaide during his 11 games at the club?
A4. (Answered by Ford Fairlane) - 13.

Q5. (SgtSchulz) - What guernseys were worn between Port Adelaide and Collingwood during the 1910 Championship of Australia?
A5. (Unanswered) -

Q6. (SgtSchulz) - What did John Wald, Port Adelaide's first captain and B&F winner, die from at the age of 19?
A6. (Unanswered) -

Q7. (SgtSchulz) - Do any original magenta Port Adelaide guernseys still exist?
A6. (Unanswered) -

Q8. (Jim Dixon) - Post 1884 has any Port Adelaide team lacked a premiership player on its playing list? (exc SANFL post 1997).
A6. (Answered by 1954) - 1974-1977

Leader Board
  1. Ford Fairlane (1 point)
  2. 1954 (1 point)

Last edited:

Post your impossible questions here and hopefully someone will somehow know them. I will try my best to put them all in the opening post.

Questions

Q1. (SgtSchulz) - What was the motorbike that Harold Oliver rode?
A1. (Unanswered) -

Q2. (SgtSchulz) - A picture of Haydn Bunton Sr. in a Port Adelaide guernsey.
A2. (Unanswered) -

Leader Board

Q2
Haydn Bunton Snr. played a season with Port Adelaide in 1945. He ended his career at Port then took up umpiring in 1946 before moving on to coach North. Apparently Bunton was regarded as a very good umpire. Sad to think that ten years later he would be dead as the result of a car crash.

Technically Haydn Bunton Snr. is a past Port player and if the greatest Port team were picked on the basis of players who had donned our jumper he would have to be in it. Bob Quinn and Haydn Bunton must have played in the same team in 1945.

So.. with Kane Cornes retiring we now have no one on our playing list that has played in a Port Adelaide premiership. This would be a first for our AFL side- would it have happened in any of the 20th century teams? The only side you'd think didn't have any Premiership players would be around 1950 before Fos won his first but that might have had survivors from the 1939 team.

So.. with Kane Cornes retiring we now have no one on our playing list that has played in a Port Adelaide premiership. This would be a first for our AFL side- would it have happened in any of the 20th century teams? The only side you'd think didn't have any Premiership players would be around 1950 before Fos won his first but that might have had survivors from the 1939 team.
Probably a few 1942 Port-Torrens players knocking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put it on the list

There weren't any players from the 1965 premiership in the 1977 team, I'm not sure when the last one retired but I expect it was well before 1977.

Edit
The last retiree from the 1965 team appears to have been John Cahill, he hung up the boots at the end of 1973.

There weren't any players from the 1965 premiership in the 1977 team, I'm not sure when the last one retired but I expect it was well before 1977.

Edit
The last retiree from the 1965 team appears to have been John Cahill, he hung up the boots at the end of 1973.

I shoulda known that one! Thanks though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back