• Pearce Hanley - Hamstring - Test
  • Matthew Leuenberger - Knee - 12 weeks
  • Stefan Martin - Back - Test
  • Ash McGrath - Calf - 2-3 weeks
  • Sam Michael - Hamstring - Test
  • Daniel Rich - Knee - Season
  • Brent Staker - Calf - Indefinite
  • Patrick Weardon - Ankle - 10-12 weeks
So tests for Green and Hanley which isn't really new. Martin is still a test, that's about the 3rd week in a row for him. Leue has gone from 10-12 to a straight 12 one week later while Ash has changed from TBC to 2-3 weeks. Claye seems to be tracking as planned. Staker still no timeframe, you wonder if he'll get on the park at all this season.

they have Sam Michael stil listed as Test yet he played on the weekend.

Updated injury list for this week:

Claye Beams (Foot) - Test
Ash McGrath (Calf) - TBC
Daniel Rich (Knee) - Season
Brent Staker (Calf) - Indefinite
Stefan Martin (Back) - TBC
Patrick Wearden (Ankle) - 9 weeks
Matthew Leuenberger (knee) - 10 weeks
Pearce Hanley (hamstring) - Test

Great to see Beams is a chance to return this week. Not so good to see Ash listed as "TBC" again for the 2nd week in a row. Hopefully he will return soon.

I can see him getting 1-2 games in the reserves but then, who does he replace?

A young guy will need a rest at some stage, and we are bound to pick up some more injuries at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all the footy he's missed, Beams is not an automatic inclusion. He'll need to work his way back through the reserves.

Don't think anyone was really saying he would march straight back in, but I do reckon playing in the reserves will be 90% about getting some fitness back and about 10% making a statement that he is still best 22.

Don't think anyone was really saying he would march straight back in, but I do reckon playing in the reserves will be 90% about getting some fitness back and about 10% making a statement that he is still best 22.

I disagree with that split, but I think that's a good way to put it.

I disagree with that split

Let's haggle! 85/15!

brian.jpg

Ok, the quote button has gone missing, but the injury list has been updated.

Ash McGrath (Calf) - 5-6 weeks
Stefan Martin (Back) - 2 weeks
Patrick Wearden (Ankle) - 8-10 weeks
Matthew Leuenberger (knee) - 8-10 weeks
Luke McGuane (knee) - TBC

Ok, the quote button has gone missing, but the injury list has been updated.

Ash McGrath (Calf) - 5-6 weeks
Stefan Martin (Back) - 2 weeks
Patrick Wearden (Ankle) - 8-10 weeks
Matthew Leuenberger (knee) - 8-10 weeks
Luke McGuane (knee) - TBC
Great to see Beams is off the injury list.

Not so good to see McGrath go from "TBC" to "5-6 weeks" though. He won't return until Round 14 and that will surely be in the reserves which means we probably won't see him back in the senior's until Round 17/18 at the earliest. His career could be over:( Brent Staker still listed as indefinite is frustrating as well. He could be in the same boat as McGrath. It looks like they both have that "old man's" calf injury that players get towards the end of their careers and struggle to get rid of. An 18 year old would recover from the same injury in 2 weeks max probably.

Great to see Beams is off the injury list.

Not so good to see McGrath go from "TBC" to "5-6 weeks" though. He won't return until Round 14 and that will surely be in the reserves which means we probably won't see him back in the senior's until Round 17/18 at the earliest. His career could be over:( Brent Staker still listed as indefinite is frustrating as well. He could be in the same boat as McGrath. It looks like they both have that "old man's" calf injury that players get towards the end of their careers and struggle to get rid of. An 18 year old would recover from the same injury in 2 weeks max probably.
Actually, I'd like to think 5-6 is more promising than what they had before. At least now we know he can have his farewell game against the Cats in R23 alongside Browny :(

Stakes could be gone as well. Could get even more ugly next year when all of our experienced heads retire.

Actually, I'd like to think 5-6 is more promising than what they had before. At least now we know he can have his farewell game against the Cats in R23 alongside Browny :(

Stakes could be gone as well. Could get even more ugly next year when all of our experienced heads retire.
Yeah at least he now has a specific time frame to come back from.

I actually hope we can get stef martin back, and he can have a good solid run in the back of the season so we can get a good look at him. Whilst not the most talented player, he adds something different to our other tall targets, he leads well and is good at ground level. Also gives us another solid ruck option. Would be interesting to actually see which of Martin/West would take the #1 ruck position, and who would play forward.

We haven't had a solid look at Martin since he has been here. I think it would be very helpful to get a good look at him so we can weight up his position on the list. Myself, as long as he can finish the season fit, i'd keep him on. With probably losing Brown and Staker next year, it wouldn't have another older player around that can play forward and ruck.

I know this should be in the vent thread but WTF is going on with stakes. Sign him on 2 years and now he is injured. Injured fare enough but the lack of info from the club shits me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back