Integrity issue

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean?

You can only find true integrity in yourself. You are the only person with whom you can be completely and openly honest 100% of the time. You cannot know for sure 100% of the time if another person or organization is always behaving with integrity. Therefore in the end the only person you have is yourself. Of course maintaining integrity in ourselves is not always so easy.

Anyway just try to maintain integrity in yourself and you will begin to see integrity more often in others. Sorry if this sounds confusing. Your OP is such a good question.

This is isn't a hypothetical.
It is about a young player's life and future.

I'm not being hypothetical. If you wish to approach the particular problem on a practical basis then you would have to seek some sort of goverment (? does Citizens Advice Bureau still exist) or legal advice. The AFL, like all of us is supposed to operate within the bounds of the law so there must be an appropriate way to handle the issue. You're sure to get the best result if you maintain your own integrity. Good luck I hope the issue can be resolved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have an integrity issue that hasn't been satisfactorily addressed by AFL who can you contact outside AFL?

This is a great question and I am curious as to your reasons for asking. Obviously you have something specific in mind. Is it to do with a club, or the AFL as a whole?

In general, I don't think integrity rates very highly (if at all) on the AFL's priority list. So long as they make a profit / reach their desired outcome, then any rules can be bent.

One person against the AFL is probably not good odds. You could try going public and see if the weight of public opinion helps your cause. Whatever you do, good luck.

This is the story of a boy who left his home at 15 yrs to accept an AFL scholarship at a private school in Victoria.

Has this lad been recruited by a club under the NSW scholarship scheme?

as far as I can ascertain AFL Victoria does offer scholarships, as does AFL NSW, and presumably queensland. The AFL seems to prefer to use state bodies for this kind of thing, doesnt really get involved until the post school days

Still NO link to the AFL, no case to answer m'lud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back