Iron Maiden releases

Remove this Banner Ad

Darky

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
country Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A few new Iron Maiden releases are around the corner, according to the Nuclear Blast newsletter I receive :

1) Iron Maiden ROCK IN RIO Double Live CD
2) Iron Maiden RUN TO THE HILLS Live Single, with four CD tracks and a video clip
3) Iron Maiden tribute album A TRIBUTE TO THE BEAST featuring the following bands: STEEL PROPHET, CHILDREN OF BODOM, RAGE, CRADLE OF FILTH, GRAVE DIGGER, BURDEN OF GRIEF, SONATA ARCTICA, THERION, ICED EARTH, OPETH, SINERGY, DISBELIEF, TIERRA SANTA, DARK TRANQUILLITY, SIX FEET UNDER & DARKANE. This one has already been out for a couple of months.

As well, there are action figures, clothing merchandise, and every CD release comes in 147 different formats.

As great a band as they have been, I think they or their management have over-emphasised the marketing element in the same way that Metallica have done.

This is now the 5th Iron Maiden live album (6th if you count the special release MAIDEN ENGLAND), and while they are all lengthy and good value for money, they are basically unnecessary for anything but the bank balances of those in the band and associated with it. Throw in a few more live videos, and the number of live releases has almost caught up to the studio stuff.

I have 50 or so Iron Maiden CDs when live CDs, singles etc are included, but only 12 of them are studio albums... get my drift?

Having said all that and having had a whinge about not being able to financially keep up with EVERY release by the band, I'm still excited that there's more around the corner - I guess the live CD can be justified now that there are 3 studio albums of new material since the last one, and an important line-up change incorporating a third guitarist.

I nearly had an orgasm when I heard 2 Minutes to Midnight on Tripple J at about 8:30 this morning!!!

I love Maiden. Sure they have the "****-rock" element in there, but their music is so unique sounding, it deserves praise!

Plus Steve Harris is the Man! Not just a man, but the man!!!

|..|

darko....i think i have a live tape of a maiden show in melb. cant remember which tour it was...ive got a couple of concert programs in my archives too...palais theater on the number of the beast tour with heaven supporting was awesome...

piece of mind is one of my fave maiden albums..very under rated i think..

have you got any of the early early demos with paul mario day singing? do you know who paul mario day is? he played with the sweet on a few tours of oz and lives in newcastle nsw now
- great guy!

used to be in a few uk bands that released albums - wildfire and more

No I haven't got any of the early demo stuff, but I do have the 1992 Festival Hall gig on video somewhere. I wasn't able to go to that, so the video is the next best thing.

Great news that Bruce came back - when he left I was devastated that I'd never get to see them LIVE with Bruce, but now there's hope!

Originally posted by Darky
No I haven't got any of the early demo stuff, but I do have the 1992 Festival Hall gig on video somewhere. I wasn't able to go to that, so the video is the next best thing.

Great news that Bruce came back - when he left I was devastated that I'd never get to see them LIVE with Bruce, but now there's hope!

I'm pretty sure I was at this show. Was it the Fear of the Dark tour? I'd gladly swap you the memory...

Originally posted by 35eye

I'm pretty sure I was at this show. Was it the Fear of the Dark tour? I'd gladly swap you the memory...

Actually, with the way my memory is these days, the video is more practical :D and yes it was the Fear Of The Dark tour.

Originally posted by TwiggyDunn
Have you heard any of the Bruce Bruce stuff when he was in Samson.

Yep, got some Samson on a couple of compilation CDs somewhere (not sure where)... I'm only living in this place relatively short term, so most of my CD & video collection is safely tucked away in storage.

Originally posted by TwiggyDunn
Have you heard any of the Bruce Bruce stuff when he was in Samson.

I've got the Head Tactics LP, but I haven't heard it yonks, I'll have to give it another listen to refresh myself....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back