Recommitted Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we keep them both. We were lucky because of the academy to get both. Annoyed we didnt take Dunkley last year thoughh.
He didn't want to go to Sydney I thought?

The scary thing about the Swan's midfield is Parker and Hannebery will only be 24 and 26 respectively, going into next season. Even Kennedy is still in the prime of his career at 28. If they can find someone to transition into Grundy's role, Tippett stays fit and Buddy keeps on Buddying, they could be looking at a very strong next few seasons.

He didn't want to go to Sydney I thought?

The scary thing about the Swan's midfield is Parker and Hannebery will only be 24 and 26 respectively, going into next season. Even Kennedy is still in the prime of his career at 28. If they can find someone to transition into Grundy's role, Tippett stays fit and Buddy keeps on Buddying, they could be looking at a very strong next few seasons.
We're hoping Alirr, Talia or Alex Johnson to fill 2 kpd spots for us after Grundy goes.

I can think of a few CEO heads that would explode if clubs started trading priority Academy selections. It would be a very bad look.

Last edited:
I can think of a few CEO heads that would explode if clubs started trading priority Academy selections. It would be a very bad look.

I hope those CEOs are having a chat to the clubs trying to poach these academy selections if it's a very bad look (hahahaha yeah right).

It's not like Sydney gets much of a say if Heeney declines to sign any new contracts and demands to be traded.

Corrected your post for you :)

I think Eddie Maguire's head would explode if clubs started trading priority Academy selections.

Watched Heeney play recently? Worth $750k/yr over 5 years? I think not. Callum Mills however is worth that, absolute gun!
Thanks. lol. Personally, I'm a huge fan on Heeney. Not sure if he's worth 750, but I've seen worse players leave for 1m.

I hope those CEOs are having a chat to the clubs trying to poach these academy selections if it's a very bad look (hahahaha yeah right).

It's not like Sydney gets much of a say if Heeney declines to sign any new contracts and demands to be traded.
Oh I totally agree. If a player X want's to go and play in Melbourne for more money he should be able to do so. The bit that's going to ruffle feathers is that player X was only at your club to start with because of academy bidding (and discount). Melbourne bid 2, you payed 18.

It would be like saying: Here's a new Rolls Royce car, but because there's not many around where you are, were giving it to you for the price of a Datsun 120B... then selling the Rolls 'as new'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back