Delisted Jade Gresham

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty fairly dropped for the Collingwood game, the little maestro responded with a very decent 24 touches, 7 marks, 7 clearances, 4I50s, 1 tackle and a goal for Sandringham in a disappointing loss to Box Hill.

Last edited:
151215-gresham1-LARGE.png

That photoshop holy hell. St Kilda website needs a rebuild more than we did in 2011!

32 disposals and a goal in a virtuoso midfield display from the young master in a solid win for Sandy against Footscray.

Banging on the door for selection in the Seniors.

Last edited:
The official stats are in...

- 32 disposals (23 ks, 9 hbs @ 53% eff.)
- 11 handball receives
- 8 tackles
- 3 marks
- 1.1 goals

That's some sort of game.

Heartbreaking loss for the boys, and the little superstar-in-training didn't trouble the scorers today, but pulled in 13 disposals, 3 marks and a tackle.

It was his pressure and harassing that drew the eye though, and he showcased the sidestep that's going to make fools of a lot of people at the level for a long time.

image.jpeg

Starting to belong.

Heartbreaking loss for the boys, and the little superstar-in-training didn't trouble the scorers today, but pulled in 13 disposals, 3 marks and a tackle.

It was his pressure and harassing that drew the eye though, and he showcased the sidestep that's going to make fools of a lot of people at the level for a long time.

View attachment 244733

Starting to belong.
The sidestep did get a run. And I liked it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abject display from the side in Perth, and a complete shellacking in the end.

The little man only had 5 touches for the first half, but rallied to record a respectable 16 disposals, 4 tackles and 4 marks and a nod from the coach after the game.
image.jpeg

Abject display from the side in Perth, and a complete shellacking in the end.

The little man only had 5 touches for the first half, but rallied to record a respectable 16 disposals, 4 tackles and 4 marks and a nod from the coach after the game.
View attachment 247261
It was a real shining light in an otherwise dark day. What I loved most about his second half was the attitude it displayed. He didn't drop the head - he lowered the eyes.

That's what game-turners do.

12 touches, 2 marks and 2 tackles for the little fella in a bit of an odd match against the Injectors.

image.jpeg

Doing his bit.

Last edited:
Thought he was really good today.

I saw enough to think he'll be a 200 gamer.

Looked really at home today, albeit against a poor opposition.

image.jpeg

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-05-10/jade-gresham-launches-st-kilda-indigenous-guernsey

"While Gresham’s Indigenous roots trace back to the Yorta Yorta clan, who resided outside of the Boonwurrung, Gresham’s mother, Michelle, is proud to see her son in the guernsey.

“He’s lived his dream, he always wanted to play football as a child and make AFL. It’s good how they acknowledge the Aboriginal kids,” Michelle Gresham told News Limited."

Pretty gusty stuff to be a first year player, yet taking on the added exposure of being our 'indigenous representative'.

Well done Gresh.

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2016-05...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Gresham growing by the week
Josh Gabelich - @GabelichJosh
25 May 2016

Budding St Kilda first-round draftee Jade Gresham is six games into his career at the Saints and says he is growing in confidence and improving by the week.

Gresham, 18, made his debut against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval in Round 1 and has since played six of the opening nine games of the season, including the last month where he has slotted in predominantly inside 50 as a pressure applying forward.

“Yeah I am feeling a bit more confident. I feel like I’m improving every week. I feel like I’m getting used to the pace of the game and I feel like I am getting better every week,” Gresham told saints.com.au on Wednesday.

“So I’m mainly playing in the forward line as a small forward. So I’ve just got to keep my pressure up. I’m going into the midfield a little bit too. I’m enjoying my role in the forward line and chopping out in the midfield as well.”

Now more than six months into his life in the AFL, the former Northern Knights captain revealed he has sponged information from another former Knight in St Kilda veteran Leigh Montagna during his infancy.

“‘Joey’ Montagna’s been very good with us younger boys, helping us out, giving us a few tips here and there – he’s been really good. All the older boys and the coaches have been really good,” Gresham said.

Gresham admits adjusting from underage football to a professional environment has been a challenge from a physical perspective. But under the guidance of high performance manager Matt Hornsby, recovery has become a key component of his week.

“Matt Hornsby and the fitness staff manage us well – they’re really good. You’ve just to keep hitting the recovery protocols, getting in the ice baths, stretching, that kind of thing,” Gresham said.

Round 10 of this season has been renamed in honour of Sir Doug Nicholls to celebrate and recognise the significant contribution indigenous Australian’s have made to the game.

Gresham is the only current Saint with an indigenous background, through his mother’s side of the family, and says his heritage is special to him.

“My Mum’s indigenous, she’s from the Yorta Yorta tribe in Shepparton. It’s really important to me. So hopefully get out there this week and represent my family and friends,” Gresham said.

13 touches, 4 marks, a very pleasing 7 tackles and a classic sealer goal from the little gun in a bit of a coming of age performance...

But what really stood out what a 20mtr surgical handball that really started the avalanche in the last. It took enormous courage for a first year player to open up the play like that, and shows both the class and maturity of the lad.

Hats off.

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back