Toast James Brayshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

TheBuzz

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2007
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesn't seem to me despite everything this man has done for the club, that JB gets the recognition he deserves. Not only did he lead us away from relocation & preserve the club as we know it, but he has set us for success with his leadership towards our awesome facility & ever reducing debt.

But his list of credits continues to grow. We know how awesome Steve Saunders is, this nugget was in the media on the weekend:

“Clubs were always trying to get him to work with them full-time, but he wouldn’t do it as he had his own private clinic. It took Brayshaw to get him (to North Melbourne) … no Brayshaw, no Saunders. That’s how it was.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/4d549a82160182b94e2aadf3dbd18049

One of the leading Sports Science people in the caper, where many had tried and failed to get him to their club, JB succeeded.

JB will go down as one of the all time great North Melbourne men. Now in his final term, I think some recognition is due. He's always very deferential when praise comes his way. Some don't like his media persona, but I really hope the club makes some sort of public acknowledgement of his contribution before he steps down.

193546-james-brayshaw.jpg

Even though his Footy Show persona defines him to the outer scrotum & public perception, I personally reckon he's done a brilliant job taking the club from relocation bunny to on field/off field success story and we are gradually building into a powerhouse that could resemble Hawthorn's resurgence from almost merging in the 90's.

It doesn't seem to me despite everything this man has done for the club, that JB gets the recognition he deserves. Not only did he lead us away from relocation & preserve the club as we know it, but he has set us for success with his leadership towards our awesome facility & ever reducing debt.

But his list of credits continues to grow. We know how awesome Steve Saunders is, this nugget was in the media on the weekend:

“Clubs were always trying to get him to work with them full-time, but he wouldn’t do it as he had his own private clinic. It took Brayshaw to get him (to North Melbourne) … no Brayshaw, no Saunders. That’s how it was.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/4d549a82160182b94e2aadf3dbd18049

One of the leading Sports Science people in the caper, where many had tried and failed to get him to their club, JB succeeded.

JB will go down as one of the all time great North Melbourne men. Now in his final term, I think some recognition is due. He's always very deferential when praise comes his way. Some don't like his media persona, but I really hope the club makes some sort of public acknowledgement of his contribution before he steps down.

Well said, my sentiments exactly! He deserves enormous recognition for what he has done for the NORTH MELBOURNE Football Club. Winning the 2016 premiership would be the best reward for all his hard work since 2007. Hope Brad Scott and the players can get the job done this year!

The man makes my skin crawl, but I admit he's stood tall for a great cause. Looking forward to his time being up. But history I feel will be very kind and deservedly so. It's been a weird time for me having a man knees deep in saving our great club who I can't stand.

His work on MMM with Billy is embarrassing to say the least. I can't bring myself to watch him on the footy show, but I feel that wouldn't be any better.

But yes he wins and I'm happy for me and him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should go down in history as one of the all time greats of the North Melbourne Football Club. We were on our knees in 2007 and about to go the way of Fitzroy when he put his nuts on the line and promised to lead us back to where we belong.

To have record membership year-on-year, almost no debt, one of the most stable clubs in the AFL and so close to winning our 5th premiership, he deserves much more praise than he gets.

Been a fantastic servant and ambassador for the club.

We have grown on and off the field in leaps and bounds (so to speak) since his appointment.

I love how he portrays us on TV and Radio, has a joke sure which some don't understand but is very measured when it comes to us and doesn't get into battles and create controversy for the sake of it to keep on back pages (Eddie style).

Will be disappointed when he moves on but I feel he has placed us in a fantastic position to continue to thrive :thumbsu:

The man makes my skin crawl, but I admit he's stood tall for a great cause. Looking forward to his time being up. But history I feel will be very kind and deservedly so. It's been a weird time for me having a man knees deep in saving our great club who I can't stand.

His work on MMM with Billy is embarrassing to say the least. I can't bring myself to watch him on the footy show, but I feel that wouldn't be any better.

But yes he wins and I'm happy for me and him.

See I can kind of understand where you're coming from but you couldn't pay me to watch the footy show or listen to Triple M. The only thing I'm concerned about with JB is his work for this footy club - and it's mostly exceptional.

Not a great look when these are amongst the images on google search on your name on the front page...

193549-james-brayshaw.jpg

images

The face of the football club. :stern look

On a serious note, his heart is in the right place, even though I think some of his decisions haven't been very well thought out. Overall he has helped to save the club and for that I will always be eternally grateful.

See I can kind of understand where you're coming from but you couldn't pay me to watch the footy show or listen to Triple M. The only thing I'm concerned about with JB is his work for this footy club - and it's mostly exceptional.

Yeah I should explain I don't listen to MMM, unless I'm buddying up with a work colleague and we're making the long trip back from Geelong. The driver gets the call on the wireless. Normally we've stopped and I'll pick up a couple of *travellers. I drink faster if MMM is on :)

He has done a great job.

*Yep I am professionally unprofessional, if that makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back