News Jarrod Lienert signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about this a bit more as I had to reread Rucci's article, if this is an upgrade under the post round 11 rule and not to replace Frampton on the LTI then, this could be insurance rather than a guarantee he is going to play.

What if Pittard and Broadbent's injury is worse than put out to the public, Hombsch has done his hip again and with Jonas out for 2 weeks and Ken not wanting to play Jacko down back it could just be insurance??

I think I am going to wait until the side is selected before I call it as a done deal that he play against the GC.
He was working in the backline group lead by Surg earlier in the week. They chopped and changed between the Maggie's and Power squad so hard to get a read on it. Broady and Pittard worked off to the side with the fitness guys. Pittard looked ready to go continuous agility and change of direction stuff. Broady more straight lines.

Except the Melbourne game was between Essendon and the Showdown. Only Melbourne easing back so many players from injury, plus tired from backing up from Alice stopped that being a similar debacle on the scoreboard.

Easing back players? They ran harder and further than we did.

We still post over 150 contested possessions. They posted up over 170.

150 contested possessions says that our effort was fine (once we actually got into the game).

What the hell is going on!

I can't believe this is actually happening.

There's never been more obvious interference from management than this. It is just so incredibly obvious that something has happened internally. This just isn't Ken, and there's no way whatsoever that Ken has made these calls of his own free will.

I've been saying all year this list of ours is pretty much as deep as it has ever been, and I'm glad we're finally giving it some time to blossom. I'm just like many EXTREMELY worried that we are doing this now. This really isn't the time for this shuffling.

Like I said in other threads, if this isn't from Ken snd the current coaches and it's coming from higher up then we can't keep him as coach for next season. He's failed as a coach in that case.

However if this is suddenly Ken's change of heart then I see hope in him for long term. A coach willing to adapt and not be all stubborn I'm all for.

There's never been more obvious interference from management than this. It is just so incredibly obvious that something has happened internally. This just isn't Ken, and there's no way whatsoever that Ken has made these calls of his own free will.
If this really is the case then Ken should pull the pin or the CEO/Board should sack him as it represents a vote of no confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it possible we have upgraded him to pay him more and therefore get closer to the minimum 95% salary cap?

Bit of a downer, so for his sake I hope it is for a red hot chance to play AFL and maybe even get a look at a final, or four!
Nope we are closer to 100% than 95%.

Well so they keep saying. Who knows really.
Have a look at the AFL annual report and the figures they produce on player payment bands and total player payments for the whole AFL and the 18 clubs are at around 99% of the cap.

Hombsch is out of form.
Austin is out of form
Broadbent is injured
Pittard is injured
Trengove isn't a defender anymore.

Probably that.
Not really...Trengove has always been a solid defender and Ken's finally come to the realisation that he's a s**t forward and we are going with youth. He's gone at the end of the year.. Broadbent likewise. Hombsh has been playing with a hip injury all year. There's definitely been a change in the winds

It won't happen, but imagine if this somehow works to perfection and we win the flag? How surreal would it be to hear names like Marshall, Bonner and Lienert being called up to receive their premiership medals.
Another Craig Willis moment. Number Forty Jaŕrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrod Lièeeeeeeeeeeeenert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back