Past Jason Akermanis (1995-2006)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aker was on the Front Bar last week. Due to Mr MM being in hospital, we didn't see it until now (he is home today and going well)....

...anyway there is a story on DailyMail about Caroline Wilson fairly getting stuck into Aker last night on Classified about his monkey comments on the NIRS radio show, he got sacked at the time and apologised etc...

Way to beat up a story Caro, you are a troublemaker, trying to make a big story out of it etc Said he should never get a job in football..

The incident happened in 2005!

14years ago for god's sake!

Back then it was very common to say someone was a monkey, meaning silly, mischievious, naughty. Kids were often called little monkeys, usually said in an affectionate manner. My take on Akers comment was he was referring to the bosses as silly monkeys, dithering around etc

Nothing whatsoever to do with race or colour!

Somewhere along the line someone decided to get offended and make it into something else altogether.......to the point we can no longer refer affectionately to someone being a bit of a monkey.

Monkey's are known to be mischievious creatures, always have been.

....now Aker is being hung and quartered again for something he did 14yrs ago which was dealt with at the time..

Caro really trying to be relevant and hard hitting............she's not, she's just a grub!
Glad to hear all is ok

AFL star Jason Akermanis joins Ray White as an estate agent

AFL legend Jason Akermanis hopes to be kicking goals in the property market after joining Ray White Ascot as an estate agent and auctioneer.

The Brownlow Medallist, dubbed ‘Aker’ throughout his career, played 248 games for the Brisbane Lions, kicking 263 goals and winning the AFL Premiership three times. Now, Mr Akermanis has set his sights on making his ‘mark’ on the real estate industry.

The ex footballer admitted his decision to enter the real estate industry was a little spontaneous, but he professes to having had an interest in property from a young age, thanks to his Mum.

“We didn’t have much growing up but Mum managed to save up and she bought a house in Kedron,” he said.

“She was always teaching me things, such as if you’re going to invest in property it’s good to have a nice house but it’s the land that goes up, and location is crucial. It was general stuff like that, but it’s always good to hear and it’s the type of advice that we have always done well out of,” he said. “If you can afford it and you can stick to the general rules then you’re never going to go wrong.”

Ironically, Mr Akermanis and his family are themselves in the market for a home having recently returned to Queensland to live after 14 years away.
Mr Akermanis is married to speech therapist Megan Legge to whom he has two daughters Charlotte and Sienna.
“At the moment we’ve got nothing. We sold our house in Melbourne and I came up first and the girls were meant to follow but they were delayed and then before we knew it they closed the borders, so it was a mad rush to get here, but they made it.

“We’re staying with my wife’s family, so there’s ten of us in three-bedroom house, with her parents stuck in the caravan outside. It’s crazy stuff but we make it work.”

Mr Akermanis’s foray into real estate is not the first career change he has made since stopping playing professional football. He has been involved with several tech-based start-ups and most recently was pursuing a golfing ambition before deciding he wanted to try something entirely different.

Having been in his new role for just two weeks, Mr Akermanis said he was looking forward to mastering his new profession under the mentorship of Ray White Ascot director Dwight Ferguson.

“I’m excited to start this new path, to educate myself and to grow as a sales agent. I’m looking forward to finding my place within the real estate industry, talking to people, getting to know them, and building relationships.

“There are plenty of people wanting to buy and sell property in Brisbane and I relish the chance to be a part of that.”

Mr Akermanis has a particular eye on becoming an auctioneer, yet is no stranger to handling a gavel.

“I’ve spent the past 20 years auctioning off stuff at footy clubs and gigs to raise money for charity, who would have thought, all these years later, that I would get an auctioneer’s licence and be able to do it professionally selling houses,” he said.

“If anyone will give me a go, I’d be happy to auction their place.

“At the end of the day I just want to master my craft and have the enjoyment of autonomy.”

Mr Ferguson said that Mr Akermanis was an exciting addition to the Ray White team.

“I’ve employed a lot of ex-athletes in the past and the vast majority of them have gone on to be a great success in the real estate industry,” Mr Ferguson said. “I expect the same from Jason.”

AFL star Jason Akermanis joins Ray White as an estate agent

AFL legend Jason Akermanis hopes to be kicking goals in the property market after joining Ray White Ascot as an estate agent and auctioneer.

The Brownlow Medallist, dubbed ‘Aker’ throughout his career, played 248 games for the Brisbane Lions, kicking 263 goals and winning the AFL Premiership three times. Now, Mr Akermanis has set his sights on making his ‘mark’ on the real estate industry.

The ex footballer admitted his decision to enter the real estate industry was a little spontaneous, but he professes to having had an interest in property from a young age, thanks to his Mum.

“We didn’t have much growing up but Mum managed to save up and she bought a house in Kedron,” he said.

“She was always teaching me things, such as if you’re going to invest in property it’s good to have a nice house but it’s the land that goes up, and location is crucial. It was general stuff like that, but it’s always good to hear and it’s the type of advice that we have always done well out of,” he said. “If you can afford it and you can stick to the general rules then you’re never going to go wrong.”

Ironically, Mr Akermanis and his family are themselves in the market for a home having recently returned to Queensland to live after 14 years away.
Mr Akermanis is married to speech therapist Megan Legge to whom he has two daughters Charlotte and Sienna.
“At the moment we’ve got nothing. We sold our house in Melbourne and I came up first and the girls were meant to follow but they were delayed and then before we knew it they closed the borders, so it was a mad rush to get here, but they made it.

“We’re staying with my wife’s family, so there’s ten of us in three-bedroom house, with her parents stuck in the caravan outside. It’s crazy stuff but we make it work.”

Mr Akermanis’s foray into real estate is not the first career change he has made since stopping playing professional football. He has been involved with several tech-based start-ups and most recently was pursuing a golfing ambition before deciding he wanted to try something entirely different.

Having been in his new role for just two weeks, Mr Akermanis said he was looking forward to mastering his new profession under the mentorship of Ray White Ascot director Dwight Ferguson.

“I’m excited to start this new path, to educate myself and to grow as a sales agent. I’m looking forward to finding my place within the real estate industry, talking to people, getting to know them, and building relationships.

“There are plenty of people wanting to buy and sell property in Brisbane and I relish the chance to be a part of that.”

Mr Akermanis has a particular eye on becoming an auctioneer, yet is no stranger to handling a gavel.

“I’ve spent the past 20 years auctioning off stuff at footy clubs and gigs to raise money for charity, who would have thought, all these years later, that I would get an auctioneer’s licence and be able to do it professionally selling houses,” he said.

“If anyone will give me a go, I’d be happy to auction their place.

“At the end of the day I just want to master my craft and have the enjoyment of autonomy.”

Mr Ferguson said that Mr Akermanis was an exciting addition to the Ray White team.

“I’ve employed a lot of ex-athletes in the past and the vast majority of them have gone on to be a great success in the real estate industry,” Mr Ferguson said. “I expect the same from Jason.”
Will he sledge dummy bidders?

1617430533343.png

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ja...k/news-story/cfc1bc7d93513f6c1c4e00017cac427b

His spiralling career with the Lions was the same time in his life that Akermanis now says he made a conscious decision to track down his father — and his half-brother Nigel, and half-sisters Elissa and Shelley.

Akermanis reconnected with the family that had been kept secret from him and enjoyed 15 years with father Denis before he died last year at the age of 70.

Through all the see of turmoil, Akermanis has arrived at a peaceful place with wife Megan and daughters Charlotte, Sienna 13, and Zoe, 3, inside their Brisbane home

Akermanis earlier this week spoke glowingly about Charlotte after she was picked up by the Lions’ Academy as a future AFLW player — capable of being the club’s first ever father-daughter draft selection at the AFLW draft in years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back