Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

So was Ahern. I 'd argue Wilson to Freo and Kennedy to the blues last year went for unders too.

Sometimes it happens, it's not really robbery. Trading can be a complex set of interests to balance.
I think we got a good deal for Wilson for sure. He was awesome this year. I think it worked out to be pick 23 for him?

Anyway in regards to TOJ its weird that kangaroos walkes away from him. Wonder if freo have had a chat.

I think we got a good deal for Wilson for sure. He was awesome this year. I think it worked out to be pick 23 for him?

Anyway in regards to TOJ its weird that kangaroos walkes away from him. Wonder if freo have had a chat.
I think he might be a disappointment as a key defender. He's really a big rebounding halfback who can take a mark. Definitely I'd much prefer Davis, Corr, Taylor and Tomlinson against a dangerous tall forward.

Could be a very valuable player if he had the same fight in the contest as Taylor.

Last edited:
No word. Next statement will be his telling the club where wants to go. Surely there'll be interest but whether it's suitable for him is a query I guess.

He can simply do nothing the contract binds the club to pay him for the next 3 years.

Has to wait for other deals to go down.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

There has been radio silence on this front.....

Maybe he was told due to scully and shiel the cap crunch means he is safe??

Anyone hear anything post North withdrawing?

There has been radio silence on this front.....

Maybe he was told due to scully and shiel the cap crunch means he is safe??

Anyone hear anything post North withdrawing?
No

And I've been watching closely.

He was always safe. He's just signed a three year contract. If he does nothing the contract cant be broken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would want him to stay. Has all the tools.

If i was running freo id be all over him coming to our club.
I'm happy if he does. The club did suggest he look around at his exit interview this year though. That diesn't mean we think he's worthless, just he might struggle to play AFL I think.
I dont believe his card will be marked though, and it'd be up to him.
I remember Matt Buntine was dropped from the leadership group in 2017, and the club announced he would have an important leadership role in the NEAFL nevertheless. Hardly an auspicious start, but he actually played AFL until his ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back