Jessica Peris Failed Drug Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Jessica Peris , daughter of Nova Peris failed a drug test 6 weeks before the Commonwealth Games

AUSTRALIAN athletics has been rocked by a drugs scandal with the daughter of Olympic gold medallist and former senator Nova Peris testing positive.

Sprinter Jessica Peris was forced to withdraw from the Commonwealth Games selection trials on the Gold Coast after a banned substance was detected in a sample taken by ASADA.

It’s not known what substance is involved and confirmation is expected within days after testing of the B sample.

Peris, 27, had been on track to follow in her famous mother’s footsteps after showing significant improvement over the summer. ;)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Jessica Peris , daughter of Nova Peris failed a drug test 6 weeks before the Commonwealth Games

AUSTRALIAN athletics has been rocked by a drugs scandal with the daughter of Olympic gold medallist and former senator Nova Peris testing positive.

Sprinter Jessica Peris was forced to withdraw from the Commonwealth Games selection trials on the Gold Coast after a banned substance was detected in a sample taken by ASADA.

It’s not known what substance is involved and confirmation is expected within days after testing of the B sample.

Peris, 27, had been on track to follow in her famous mother’s footsteps after showing significant improvement over the summer. ;)
Coincidence no doubt

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea

You have to wonder about Liam Jones ????

.....ie. did he stop taking the gear before Buddy kicked 10 on him ??.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
And the hypocrite David Culbert defended her today - He has no dignity.

See what his stance is after the B sample comes back. Peris has lawyered up and making allegations of flawed process so it seems her defence won't be one of "accidental contamination". Culbert would be obliged to condemn her.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
See what his stance is after the B sample comes back. Peris has lawyered up and making allegations of flawed process so it seems her defence won't be one of "accidental contamination". Culbert would be obliged to condemn her.

Would be interesting to see how she goes in court given she has previously been described by a judge as an unreliable witness.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
This tells me she already expects the B sample to also be accidentally contaminated

My post about Culbert being a hypocrite has wider connotations than his tweets or public comments - It goes to the integrity of his business, because he willingly accepts contracts to work for organisations such as the IAAF/UCI who have a poor record with doping, while publically having a strong anti-doping stance - That's why he is called a hypocrite.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 16, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
She will get her mum to articualte a response that will clear every thing up. Her knowledge and understanding of the ASADA process is impeccable.
McDermott still has a chuckle over a beer thinking about her insightful questions.

Last edited:
Should get 4 year ban like all first time drug cheats should and a life ban for a second offence.
A 2 year ban is far too lenient in my book

What makes you think she is trying to get a two year ban ? - To attract the full four year penalty, you must display no remorse, and be unable to prove the substance/s could be found in any contaminated supplements.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
What makes you think she is trying to get a two year ban ? - To attract the full four year penalty, you must display no remorse, and be unable to prove the substance/s could be found in any contaminated supplements.
Its simple because its shorter than 4.
I still stick by my post that anybody found guilty of taking drugs should get a 4 year ban first and a life ban the second.

Its simple because its shorter than 4.
I still stick by my post that anybody found guilty of taking drugs should get a 4 year ban first and a life ban the second.

Why should it be four years or not six years or eight years ? You may need to write to WADA and all their affiliated bodies and hope they are persuadd by your suggestion.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
4 years is usually the term for Olympics. An athlete receiving a 2 year ban may strategically position themselves for a suspension that finishes before an Olympics. Continue to pump themselves full of the juice then enter the National titles and gain entry to the next Olympics. Its a mockery imo and I agree with 4 year , hell make it 6 or 8 bans

How long do you think drug cheats should get?

First, I don't think Non-Olympic sports should be part of the WADA code - Second, I don't have a definitive view relating to penalties - Third, I believe doping is de rigeur,particularly in Olympic Sports - It's naive to think doping in sport is the exception, as opposed to the norm - Finally will add if you take a strict definition of CHEATING it's part and parcel of professional sport, and it's often done in understated ways.

4 years is usually the term for Olympics. An athlete receiving a 2 year ban may strategically position themselves for a suspension that finishes before an Olympics. Continue to pump themselves full of the juice then enter the National titles and gain entry to the next Olympics. Its a mockery imo and I agree with 4 year , hell make it 6 or 8 bans

My understanding is banned athletes are still in the testing pool while serving their sanction - My memory tells me banned athletes have been busted while under suspension.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
First, I don't think Non-Olympic sports should be part of the WADA code - Second, I don't have a definitive view relating to penalties - Third, I believe doping is de rigeur,particularly in Olympic Sports - It's naive to think doping in sport is the exception, as opposed to the norm - Finally will add if you take a strict definition of CHEATING it's part and parcel of professional sport, and it's often done in understated ways.
Why don't you think that non olympic sports shouldn't be part of Wada?
Surely your not in favour of drugs in sport are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back