Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

What a pleasant surprise 👏

Only one game against ordinary opposition … but Richards game today… and Reefs

Plus Harrison and Sullivans games recently…

Really just shows how playing congested VFL footy on small, thick underfoot, weather affected grounds… is not a best indicator of a players ability at senior level

For months I’ve been calling for more rotation of the squad…cause the promotion of these fringe players to the seniors is not only good for the clubs depth going forward… but necessary to better gauge a players talent and suitability to senior football

And sometimes a rough diamond is discovered along the way 👍

At last.

Our long lost Kirk Ugle replacement

Really just shows how playing congested VFL footy on small, thick underfoot, weather affected grounds… is not a best indicator of a players ability at senior level

For months I’ve been calling for more rotation of the squad…cause the promotion of these fringe players to the seniors is not only good for the clubs depth going forward… but necessary to better gauge a players talent and suitability to senior football

And for months, many of us have been saying it’s a long season, the opportunity will come for these kids without making changes for the sake of change.

Was good to see Joe take his chance when handed to him , if he can keep performing even close to that level he stays in the side, excellent game.
Well done Joe
Standing Ovation Applause GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

Just so clean and balanced.
He started to show this last year in VFL.
He rarely fumbles and makes wicked decisions. Disposal matches his decisions.

Completely unsurprised he did well on the offensive today given to lack of intensity.

What surprised me was his defensive efforts. Haven’t seen that at VFL. But he was great defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He started to show this last year in VFL.
He rarely fumbles and makes wicked decisions. Disposal matches his decisions.

Completely unsurprised he did well on the offensive today given to lack of intensity.

What surprised me was his defensive efforts. Haven’t seen that at VFL. But he was great defensively.

Yep, this. Led the team for PA’s I think, and =2nd for the team in tackles.

I see zero chance of him making it.

Was a most peculiar draft pick. I get the Ben Reid connection, but suspect they'll never listen to Ben again.

I was wrong. Very happy to admit. He added a real spark today.

Amen.

Thrilled we've had some injuries and suspension which has forced these inclusions. Player development is crucial to sustained success. We looked far more dynamic than we have all year with some of these young and hungry players - Sullivan, Reef, Richards, Fin

Last edited:
True to form you’ve jumped in to spin it that you were right.. the other person wrong 😂
I’ve been a fan from late last year. Thought he was absolutely delist material early last year. But his last few games in VFL he looked super clean.
I was expecting him to be put in the rookie list this year….
Upon reflection, the step up was huge. He’s grown steadily.

Pre-season, I was surprised at what I saw: wasn’t commented on by Jen and Co….which is fine. But from what I saw, he looked fantastic offensively. Hidden away in videos and no commentary? But I loved what I saw from footage.

VFL this year….he’s clean as and most disposals are a win.

Absolutely looked at the level.
Made Some mistakes early as I presume he felt rushed….but ultimately he was so clean!! (Can’t overstate what that means as a small fwd!!)

It's only one half but clearly looks an AFL player. Dangerous inside the 50 with his pace and smart ball use, plus great defensive pressure. Then also looked confident up the field, presenting to half back and running through half forward, linking up with handballs and executing short passes.

This is the sort of performance we'll want to be seeing more of from Schultz, great to get it from a first gamer.

I’ve been a fan from late last year. Thought he was absolutely delist material early last year. But his last few games in VFL he looked super clean.
I was expecting him to be put in the rookie list this year….
Upon reflection, the step up was huge. He’s grown steadily.

Pre-season, I was surprised at what I saw: wasn’t commented on by Jen and Co….which is fine. But from what I saw, he looked fantastic offensively. Hidden away in videos and no commentary? But I loved what I saw from footage.

VFL this year….he’s clean as and most disposals are a win.

Absolutely looked at the level.
Made Some mistakes early as I presume he felt rushed….but ultimately he was so clean!! (Can’t overstate what that means as a small fwd!!)

I was always bullish on Joe, from his first training sessions, and posted us such.

Then, was both surprised and disappointed when he couldn’t rack up more than 11 touches in the VFL… until he arrived a few weeks ago with 6 goals.

Kid is so clean and smart.

this is from Dec 2022…

Post in thread 'Training Reports and Updates'
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/training-reports-and-updates.1337091/post-77526992

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back