Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking my game apart, thinking of things I can work on, the different areas of my game (would) be ground balls, aerially, tackling, and getting to work on my body,” Noble told foxfooty.com.au.

“I wanted to come back fitter (and) stronger, I wanted to come back a different sort of player and elevate my game again.

“They’re the main things I focused on — game first, body and then my mental space.

“All of (those) things contributed to getting back to where I am now.”

Picking my game apart, thinking of things I can work on, the different areas of my game (would) be ground balls, aerially, tackling, and getting to work on my body,” Noble told foxfooty.com.au.

“I wanted to come back fitter (and) stronger, I wanted to come back a different sort of player and elevate my game again.

“They’re the main things I focused on — game first, body and then my mental space.

“All of (those) things contributed to getting back to where I am now.”

Take note Taylor

He's played well but he is still small and unfortunately he can't change that. Exposes him when he is isolated.

Improved a lot of the issues with his disposal - decision making. Hopefully that’ll continue. If it does, he’s harder to omit.

I think you're missing a few
Players? I went through the list.

Deluca - Gone
Riordan - Gone
Dunkley - Gone
Knoll - Gone
Hosie - Gone
Gardner - Present
Snelling - Gone
Mayo - Gone
Sutcliffe - Gone
O'Riley - Gone
Pickett - Present
Noble - Present
Hirst - Gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's played well but he is still small and unfortunately he can't change that. Exposes him when he is isolated.
I think Scott tried to isolate him successfully in a final against Geelong but from memory that was under Bucks. Probably easier to do then given our ball movement or lack of.
I really like him and Markov playing together, though I haven’t noticed how much time they are both on the park or if they are rotating off the bench tbh. Still with Nick spending time behind the ball and Fly’s approach and flexibility I reckon this is less of an issue at present. He’s rescued us several times this year against bigger opponents and probably something he’s worked on by the look of it.

I think Scott tried to isolate him successfully in a final against Geelong but from memory that was under Bucks. Probably easier to do then given our ball movement or lack of.
I really like him and Markov playing together, though I haven’t noticed how much time they are both on the park or if they are rotating off the bench tbh. Still with Nick spending time behind the ball and Fly’s approach and flexibility I reckon this is less of an issue at present. He’s rescued us several times this year against bigger opponents and probably something he’s worked on by the look of it.

I think he has a role as a defensive winger sweeping behind the ball.

Another great game from him on the weekend.

And this coming Saturday, he plays his 100th game.

First player from the MSD since it was introduced to reach this milestone.

Given where he came from to even get to this point, all the ups and downs, struggles to get drafted; reaching this milestone would be huge for himself and his family.

This man has such a strong character. He plays for 4 years straight, and gets dropped for finals and misses a premiership.

Most people would towel toss or have a pity party. They would have issues with coaches and selectors. Maybe issues with team mates.

Not JFN. He thinks, how can I improve myself? How can I make sure I never get dropped again? And he gets to work.

I wish more people were like JFN. THIS, is a true heart and soul player.

Still so heartbreaking that he missed last year. If we get there again this year, his would be the loudest applause on the podium!

Don't get me wrong, I love Johnny F'n Noble! He is one of my absolute favourites because in his 99 games not once have I found fault in his effort.

But all these fluff pieces about him missing out on the Grand Final last year trying to make us feel sorry for him are a bit over the top. There have been even bigger Collingwood names who have been so close to the ultimate and missed out, Buckley & Prestigiacomo for example. A premiership or any win is not about the individual. This is a team game. You don't magically just get into a Grand Final and win. You have to toil for a full season to qualify and 44 players are expected to contribute whether that be on match day or even creating selection pressure. Everyone has a role to play.

Similar to Adam Treloar's exit, we can't be sitting here feeling bad for making ruthless decisions to help the club succeed. This isn't the Johnny F'n Noble Football Club, it's the Collingwood Football Club.

All credit to him though. After last years disappointment, he worked his backside off in the preseason and forced himself back into the team. What more can you ask for? Now he reached 100 games, a wonderful Collingwood servant!

Well, that's 100 more games than me. Has probably been one of the best MSD players taken since it's inception
Minus pickett where he got gifted a couple flags lol Johnny has been the most successful. He's hasn't had it easy from birth and getting to this point. Its a wonderful achievement, not many players coming in mid season would ever imagine.

Minus pickett where he got gifted a couple flags lol Johnny has been the most successful. He's hasn't had it easy from birth and getting to this point. Its a wonderful achievement, not many players coming in mid season would ever imagine.
He deserves it. I can only imagine the work he's done to go from state league to a darn good AFL player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back