Movie JoJo Rabbit

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How this film got funded is beyond me.

Has a few laughs but the shitty script seems like a bad first draft that could have been so much better.

Rockwell and Wilson are good, deserved more screen time.

Not so long ago there was a Czech or Polish film about hiding a Jew in the cupboard, cannot remember its name, was infinitely better.

JoJo Rabbit = 2 stars.

How this film got funded is beyond me.

Has a few laughs but the shitty script seems like a bad first draft that could have been so much better.

Rockwell and Wilson are good, deserved more screen time.

Not so long ago there was a Czech or Polish film about hiding a Jew in the cupboard, cannot remember its name, was infinitely better.

JoJo Rabbit = 2 stars.

Do you know the guy playing Hitler is Jewish?!?! #woah #2019

Can understand Waititi getting these reactions from time to time. For every film of his which I like, another comes along that feels like an utter shrug. I guess sometimes the humour lands better than other times. Boy and Ragnarok were decent fun, haven't seen this one yet.

Last edited:
It was fine, but as soon as i saw Rebel Wilson i was disappointed. She was atrocious as was her accent. Even Scarlet's accent was terrible. I rate it 7 out of 10 as i was expecting more. A mate who saw it rated it 9 though.

I didn't mind it, it drifts between being a drama and comedy which can be a bit jarring at times. Script could have been a bit tighter.

Has some really good moments. Hunt for the Wilderpeople had a better balance of comedy/drama. Obviously a bit more difficult considering the subject matter.

It was fine, but as soon as i saw Rebel Wilson i was disappointed. She was atrocious as was her accent. Even Scarlet's accent was terrible. I rate it 7 out of 10 as i was expecting more. A mate who saw it rated it 9 though.

Yeah i saw it yesterday- agree with 7/10, gave it that as well. Thought Rebel was okay tho.

Thought this was pretty entertaining.

It surprised me with some of the more dramatic moments, but overall it leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy.

Extra points for originality, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got 15 minutes into this and hit the stop button. It was trying way too hard to be funny. I was sitting there thinking to myself 'go on, make me laugh'.

If you want to watch a movie that has a similar feel but is genuinely funny and has great charm try Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom.

I got 15 minutes into this and hit the stop button. It was trying way too hard to be funny. I was sitting there thinking to myself 'go on, make me laugh'.

If you want to watch a movie that has a similar feel but is genuinely funny and has great charm try Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom.

It's not like that the whole way through. The movie is a bit disjointed IMO and could have been a lot better but the 2nd half is much better than the first.

I find it odd when people say they walk out of/stop watching movies after the first 15 mins or so. Seems like you're just denying yourself the chance for pleasant surprises down the road.

I find it odd when people say they walk out of/stop watching movies after the first 15 mins or so. Seems like you're just denying yourself the chance for pleasant surprises down the road.

So many other things to watch if something doesn't appeal. If the director had a good body of work behind him I might stick with it.

I dont get the point of imaginary adolf. It didnt add anything to the plot at all.

Abd do we think scarjo had a conflict two thirds of the way through shooting. She went from main character and then snap gone.
Not sure what the go is with spoilers but there was a pretty clear reason she stopped being in it so much...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back