Player Watch Josh Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Josh was good, needed to be as his last month of football had been putrid.

Showed a flash earlier in the year, then went missing. Lets hope he can find some consistency at a decent level.
Harsh. He’s only played one really bad game imo, the rest were sort of middling games, not great but not bad. Seems to have taken him a few weeks to find his feet again after missing with injury.

Watching him at times in 2019 you had to think he just wasn't going to be up the level, but credit to him he must've had a huge preseason because he looks a different player now. Good by foot, but his pace and endurance seems to of gone to another level and its allowing him to stay involved in games.
Just on that. He was interviewed on MMM this morning. He said that he’s had issues with asthma etc that hindered him during juniors and the first few years of his career at Collingwood. Reckons that he’s managed to get on top of them finally and that’s been having a huge impact on his playing.

Just watched the online highlights and gotta love moments like that goal. Gets you out of your seat and fist pumping.
We need a few more players to back themselves in and especially on the run from outside 50m. We have some fire power in our backline (Crisp, Moore, Maynard, Roughhead, Noble, Howe and even Pendles) so I'd like to see a few more bust through and smash one home rather than try to hit a 15m target that gets turned over.

The good old days from outside 50 with Didak, Johnson, Lonie, Bucks and even Beams.

In all the adulation thats being heaped Josh's way lets not forget....he's NOT his dad. It was a great goal, but if he can do that another 450 times (kick great goals) then he'll be somewhere approaching his famous father.

I've been watching him really closely this year and he does have the skills (though more right sided than his father), he does have the low COG and he has enough speed to be dangerous. What he doesn't have, is his father's peripheral vision and ability to read the play all over the ground.

I'm happy he took the number 26 to avoid the comparisons with dad. I hope WE (the Collingwood faithful) give him the space to develop into his own player because in the past (Travis Cloke, Rhys Shaw, Paul Tuddenham, Mark Richardson and even Darcy Moore) too many people want the sons to become the fathers all over again.

In all the adulation thats being heaped Josh's way lets not forget....he's NOT his dad. It was a great goal, but if he can do that another 450 times (kick great goals) then he'll be somewhere approaching his famous father.

I've been watching him really closely this year and he does have the skills (though more right sided than his father), he does have the low COG and he has enough speed to be dangerous. What he doesn't have, is his father's peripheral vision and ability to read the play all over the ground.

I'm happy he took the number 26 to avoid the comparisons with dad. I hope WE (the Collingwood faithful) give him the space to develop into his own player because in the past (Travis Cloke, Rhys Shaw, Paul Tuddenham, Mark Richardson and even Darcy Moore) too many people want the sons to become the fathers all over again.
I don’t think anyone wants or expects him to be his Dad, given he’s thriving in a different role, so reminding everyone of that is unnecessary. There’s nothing wrong with comparing a moment though, and this was a moment where everyone who watched Peter play was reminded of the magic he could weave. There’s nothing wrong with that.

I don’t think anyone wants or expects him to be his Dad, given he’s thriving in a different role, so reminding everyone of that is unnecessary. There’s nothing wrong with comparing a moment though, and this was a moment where everyone who watched Peter play was reminded of the magic he could weave. There’s nothing wrong with that.
FFS you can’t compare a lucky goal with what Snr could do.

As long as we aren't comparing him with his dad, because that wouldn't be fair, even though we clearly are, if you have a look at his stats Peter got his act together about halfway through his fourth season, which is pretty much exactly where Josh is now.

So you could argue that he's actually ahead of his Dad for the stage of career he is at. For argument's sake.

Calling that goal lucky does an absolute disservice to the young man, he knew exactly what he wanted to do and he did it. And then he played like a man possessed for the remaining minutes of the game to ensure that his team won.

He's my new favourite player, which may be a curse because my old favourite player hurt his finger...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we aren't comparing him with his dad, because that wouldn't be fair, even though we clearly are, if you have a look at his stats Peter got his act together about halfway through his fourth season, which is pretty much exactly where Josh is now.

So you could argue that he's actually ahead of his Dad for the stage of career he is at. For argument's sake.

Calling that goal lucky does an absolute disservice to the young man, he knew exactly what he wanted to do and he did it. And then he played like a man possessed for the remaining minutes of the game to ensure that his team won.

He's my new favourite player, which may be a curse because my old favourite player hurt his finger...
No point comparing. He is his own person and just happy he is playing for us.

One thing I would say that it is inaccurate to say it took Peter 4 years to be comfortable at the senior level

Daicos Snr was a gem from the moment he played his first game. I was there to witness it and have never seen anything like it. His son is starting to hit his straps and will be a gun if he's half as good as Peter.

I don’t think luck had much to do with it. He was composed in the moment and it was a brilliant bit of play. Nobody expects to see that kind of magic from him on a weekly basis like Peter produced though.

Why are we even using the word "compare"? It is the last thing in the world Josh would want. He has been trying to escape his father's shadow since his early high school years. If you felt the need to compare or contrast the differences between father and son give yourself an upper cut.

Let's just celebrate the brilliant moment Josh gave us yesterday. If it reminded you of Peter (it did for me) great!

P.S: If you thought that goal was a fluke, give yourself another upper-cut.

Why are we even using the word "compare"? It is the last thing in the world Josh would want. He has been trying to escape his father's shadow since his early high school years. If you felt the need to compare or contrast the differences between father and son give yourself an upper cut.

Let's just celebrate the brilliant moment Josh gave us yesterday. If it reminded you of Peter (it did for me) great!

P.S: If you thought that goal was a fluke, give yourself another upper-cut.

Why do you think it was a Fluke?

How crap we where in front of Goal nearly all night?

He is not td, another poster said it was a fluke

No luck in that, it was well executed by someone who new what they were doing

I don't think it was a fluke Dave, it was an amazing goal. :) Yeah, we were pretty ordinary in front of goal mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back