Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if footy will be played there

Nah bookmark it as never happening. Whole reason for the move was to give cricket a dedicated full time ground and get them off the MCG earlier to make the AFL happy.

Nah bookmark it as never happening. Whole reason for the move was to give cricket a dedicated full time ground and get them off the MCG earlier to make the AFL happy.
From memory the saints did consider moving back to the junction and the government said no that’s a base for Cricket Victoria

Rfc spent years trying to get rcc to hand over their lease of pro for two reasons, and I think they are both why we won’t have footy at junction oval

1) pitches
Training on cricket pitches isn’t good in the cricket off season, but you have to actually protect them during the cricket season. So it either means damaging them by footballers training on them, or restricting training to the 50m arcs

2) access
Footy players now train throughout the year, and there is no way of doing this during the cricket season without impacting on cricketers access to the ground

I wonder if we'll try doing the odd training run/PR exercise from the Junction every now and then. Had a good feel to it being in the actual suburb we're from (thank god we're not the Southern Saints though!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we'll try doing the odd training run/PR exercise from the Junction every now and then. Had a good feel to it being in the actual suburb we're from (thank god we're not the Southern Saints though!).
That's if CV allows you to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back