Just won my way into the Sunday Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors
Have just won a satellite into the Pokerstars Sunday Millions tournament.

Am wondering if people on here who have played in that tournament would like to share their experiences and advice ect..

Cheers

I'm assuming you won it for next week and not yesterdays

Im yet to win it fwiw

Dont really have any stories with it, I dont play it often as most of my traffic goes through Full Tilt but whenever I mix it up on stars I'll have a shot

Its an OK tournament, the start time isnt great, its an early Monday morning but its better played in Summer because daylight savings bring the US 2 hours closer to us

You have to run like god for any chance at a deep run, then run like god even more to final table

Still, every week someone wins it

gl

Enter, win flips, 250k+. Easy monies.

On a more serious note, its a very soft field but also a pretty fast structure despite starting 200bbs deep the average stack will get shallow pretty quickly. Don't be afraid to get in to higher variance situations. Gonna have to run pretty decent to go deep in it.

its better played in Summer because daylight savings bring the US 2 hours closer to us
If you're talking about the Australian summer then that actually adds two hours to the time difference, making the gap greater. However, your point about a better start time is true: 8:30am instead of 6:30am (ie. in Melb/Syd).

If you're talking about the Australian summer then that actually adds two hours to the time difference, making the gap greater. However, your point about a better start time is true: 8:30am instead of 6:30am (ie. in Melb/Syd).

yeah whether or not its closer or further apart I dont know, it just brings the SM and other majors to a more suitable starting time for us

A while back ago i used FFP to enter and win a satelitte for the Sunday Millions.

Ended up 76th, no BS, cashed for $3K.

Worst of all though i was 3rd in chip count with only 100 players left. Got carried away and semi bluffed 3/4 of my stack on flush draw, he hit bottom set on the flop, no flush came. :(

A while back ago i used FFP to enter and win a satelitte for the Sunday Millions.

Ended up 76th, no BS, cashed for $3K.

Worst of all though i was 3rd in chip count with only 100 players left. Got carried away and semi bluffed 3/4 of my stack on flush draw, he hit bottom set on the flop, no flush came. :(

Spewing, how many players at your table at the time?

Spewing, how many players at your table at the time?

9 players, i was in the bb k10 hearts. Button raised 2 and 1/2 the blind i just called, flop came and i had the had nut flush draw. :mad::mad::mad:

Playing in the steps right now to try and get in for tommorrow, ive been on step 3 now for 4 re-entry tourneys, just came third in my previous toruney (top 2 get ticket for any of sundays big touneys), spewwwwiiinnnn, i was bb had a7, sb had slightly larger stack and raised all in, i call, he had k9, of course he hits a 9 on the turn :rolleyes:

I'm playing the turbo takedown tomorrow. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enter, win flips, 250k+. Easy monies.

On a more serious note, its a very soft field but also a pretty fast structure despite starting 200bbs deep the average stack will get shallow pretty quickly. Don't be afraid to get in to higher variance situations. Gonna have to run pretty decent to go deep in it.

You mean....

Enter, win 37 flips, 250k+. Easy monies.

Came 700 odd earlier today. Only the $440 prize though.

How about this for the bubble;

PokerStars Game #58015282860: Tournament #407020010, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XV (1500/3000) - 2011/02/21 12:07:32 ACST [2011/02/20 20:37:32 ET]
Table '407020010 314' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: PESCANCO (117467 in chips)
Seat 2: pignelson cp (99905 in chips)
Seat 3: caprizas (70618 in chips)
Seat 4: count42 (10766 in chips)
Seat 5: CrisS Gold (114095 in chips)
Seat 6: Iossef (30932 in chips)
Seat 7: M. Colasante (34074 in chips)
Seat 8: Tofor76 (68492 in chips)
Seat 9: Krivonosov (21151 in chips)
PESCANCO: posts the ante 300
pignelson cp: posts the ante 300
caprizas: posts the ante 300
count42: posts the ante 300
CrisS Gold: posts the ante 300
Iossef: posts the ante 300
M. Colasante: posts the ante 300
Tofor76: posts the ante 300
Krivonosov: posts the ante 300
Tofor76: posts small blind 1500
Krivonosov: posts big blind 3000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to M. Colasante [Qh Qs]
PESCANCO: raises 3750 to 6750
pignelson cp: folds
caprizas: folds
count42: folds
CrisS Gold: calls 6750
Iossef: folds
M. Colasante: raises 8250 to 15000
Tofor76: folds
Krivonosov: folds
PESCANCO: folds
CrisS Gold: calls 8250
*** FLOP *** [9d Ah Jc]
CrisS Gold: checks
M. Colasante: checks
*** TURN *** [9d Ah Jc] [Tc]
CrisS Gold: checks
M. Colasante: checks
*** RIVER *** [9d Ah Jc Tc] [7c]
CrisS Gold: bets 21000
M. Colasante: folds
Uncalled bet (21000) returned to CrisS Gold
CrisS Gold collected 43950 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 43950 | Rake 0
Board [9d Ah Jc Tc 7c]
Seat 1: PESCANCO folded before Flop
Seat 2: pignelson cp folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: caprizas folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: count42 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: CrisS Gold collected (43950)
Seat 6: Iossef folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: M. Colasante (button) folded on the River
Seat 8: Tofor76 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Krivonosov (big blind) folded before Flop

Wow, big fold? It's such a tough spot, not made easier by the fact that you 3bet so small preflop. With only 12 big blinds you should just be shoving over any raise, especially a raise and a call.

Yeah, bubble definitely made me very passive there. It turned out to favour me though as he had 88. Well, so he says. And 2 hands later he and one other tripled me up with when I shoved with AQ.

If you're afraid to cram QQ there with 12bbs because its the bubble of the million, i'd suggest not bothering to play it tbh.

If you're afraid to cram QQ there with 12bbs because its the bubble of the million, i'd suggest not bothering to play it tbh

No need for patronizing comments. If he won a ticket, or even for the recreational player just having a bit of fun, tightening up in that spot is common and reasonable.

If you're not shoving there though, gotta be more like 21k pre (still allows you to fold to the money), or just fold.

No need for patronizing comments. If he won a ticket, or even for the recreational player just having a bit of fun, tightening up in that spot is common and reasonable.

If you're not shoving there though, gotta be more like 21k pre (still allows you to fold to the money), or just fold.

Lol, then just fold pre to min cash. Or even better just take the ticket for $T215.

Yeah, bubble definitely made me very passive there. It turned out to favour me though as he had 88. Well, so he says. And 2 hands later he and one other tripled me up with when I shoved with AQ.

Would he have called his 88 pre though? Experienced players will exploit the bubble by playing aggressively vs players they perceive as weak. Your failure to shove preflop definitely labels you as likely to fold to a flop shove.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back