Kangaroos biggest legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Kangaroos biggest legend

Originally posted by 66MunsterT

Do "Schimma" and "Aylett" only get in as other?
Geeeeeez.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Seems rough, I know, but the 9 named players are 4 Brownlow medallists (5 medals), 2 Premiership captains who both won multiple B&Fs, plus Foote (4 years as captain, 2 B&Fs), Martyn (2 B&Fs) and Cable (B&F, 12 million Sandovers and a high Brownlow votegetter)...

Never gonna squeeze all our legends into just 10 players, and that's gotta be a good thing. :)

The best would have to be Carey though.

Re: Re: Re: Kangaroos biggest legend

Originally posted by Darky

Seems rough, I know, but the 9 named players are 4 Brownlow medallists (5 medals), 2 Premiership captains who both won multiple B&Fs, plus Foote (4 years as captain, 2 B&Fs), Martyn (2 B&Fs) and Cable (B&F, 12 million Sandovers and a high Brownlow votegetter)...

Never gonna squeeze all our legends into just 10 players, and that's gotta be a good thing. :)

The best would have to be Carey though.

I agree Darky, all the Players in the Poll are “Champions Plus” and they have the Trophies to prove it.
But in my opinion Legends have their own special criteria, such as,
Schimma’s 306 never say die Games of Guts and Determination, Numerous State Games and 10 Years as Captain.
Aylett’s 220 Games, 4 Years as Captain, North’s first Tassie Medalist, 3 Times Best and Fairest.,Numerous State Games, He was President of North when North won their First Flag in the VFL 1975. President of the VFL and he’s back again to try his little bit of Magic on North again

The majority of Footy Fans rate Whitten, Barrassi and Baldock as Legends yet none of these Players won a Brownlow

Please remember that this is my opinion only and not a put down of yours or any other Post.

Cheers,

The Munster.

I picked the only North Player to be picked in the AFL Team of the Century, and in my opinion the greatest player to have every played the game.

KEITH GREIG

For those old enough to have seen Keith Greig play football they would hold him in bracket as Carey.He was also 'Special'.

Whatever happened to Stevens?

Oh well- I cant say much- Mick,Carey,Stevens

(I didnt see any guys play before 96- and well I didnt pay much attention then- my attention span to footy started in 1999)

Go Roos

In my time Schimma would have been right up there behind Carey as a legend of the club. I know it is meant to be players but Ron Casey would be fairly high up as a club legend. Anyway Carey gets my vote anyway.

Moomba

where's sav and spider???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by DEVO
I picked the only North Player to be picked in the AFL Team of the Century, and in my opinion the greatest player to have every played the game.

KEITH GREIG

If the Team of the Century had been the Team of the first 105 years of the league, the King would be a certain starter, he is purely a victim of timing here. He spent years as not only North's best player, but the best in the competition.

I'm glad I'm the same age as him, I've been able to watch his career from the beginning. He is our biggest legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back