Kepler Bradley/ Andrew Lee

Remove this Banner Ad

What position do u want him to play? He has been overtaken now by Gumbleton and probably Neagle as a forward. I just don't know what he can add to our team

How? Kepler has played better in the VFL than both of these guys, especially Neagle who struggles to get on the park.

You are right about him playing better in the VFL,but that's all he will be a good VFL player.

You're right tall KPP players who have the endurance to play on a wing, can take a good contested mark and are good set shots for goal couldn't ever make it in the AFL.

You're right tall KPP players who have the endurance to play on a wing, can take a good contested mark and are good set shots for goal couldn't ever make it in the AFL.
15 other clubs have just begun to rub their hands with glee at the thought of Kepler Bradley lining up on the wing against them. Get serious he is too slow to play in the backline so how the hell can he cut it on the wing.

15 other clubs have just begun to rub their hands with glee at the thought of Kepler Bradley lining up on the wing against them. Get serious he is too slow to play in the backline so how the hell can he cut it on the wing.

Did I say he should play on the wing? No. I said he has the endurance needed to play on a wing, which he does. He also played on ball as a junoir. He is a HFF IMO who can lead up onto the wing, kick a few himself but play a linking role as he did against Weagles.

Doesn't matter where you play him, heck he doesn't even have to be on a football field. If you can't kick a football well......you have problems already!

He's a very good shot for goal, not to mention we'll be doing a lot of skill work this pre-season

He's a very good shot for goal, not to mention we'll be doing a lot of skill work this pre-season
Big season for Kepler in 08 i reckon. He'll be working on his skills all pre-season (as youv'e said) and i think Knights will be keen for him to get some seniors gametime and have more opportunities. Add those two together and it equals a great year for him and a big improver in 08.

Did I say he should play on the wing? No. I said he has the endurance needed to play on a wing, which he does. He also played on ball as a junoir. He is a HFF IMO who can lead up onto the wing, kick a few himself but play a linking role as he did against Weagles.
When he does get the ball ,he doesn't know what to do with it.Seems to panic and then turns it over.

When he does get the ball ,he doesn't know what to do with it.Seems to panic and then turns it over.

Because he can't play in the backline. Against the Weagles he was very good linking up to Scotty. He doesn't know how to play as a defender. He gets rushed by the treat of a turnover resulting in a goal. The forward line is much simpler, particualrly if he is used as a goal kickign forward.

Kepler definantly has to go, he is way to slow to be a player in modern day football. Obviously he has ability which he has shown in his performances in the VFL. But in the VFL, the game is definantly slower than in the AFL and when he comes back up he gets exposed by the opposition with his lack of pace.
So we must trade him now whilst he still has some trade value before he gets exposed for another seaon and we get absolutely nothing for him in return.

completely wrong, kep is quite fast for his size.. very mobile.. his problems have not been in that area, its his decision making imo... he just makes some completely wrong decisions and his skills by both foot and hand are not quite up to scratch.. i feel kep could do quite well in the forward line if he is played there.. The main problem was he had these big tasks in defence playing on quality opponents, was never really a backmen and was getting pounded in defence by our extremely unaccountable midfeild..

He will be a lot better in the forward line... Lee i dont think will go anywhere, he will play out his contract but i think that will be it for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it that Keps will be traded for Tenace. That'd be ironic. . . .considering we were under fire for not picking Tenace (pick 7) in the first place. Pity - I liken Keps to a young Scott Lucas or Peter Everitt - un-coordinated and a late bloomer. Oh well, I'd rather have Tenace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back