Universal Love Kieren Jack 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to our co captain on his achievement to reach 200 games this Friday night.

He has been a very solid player the last 10 years or so. Hasnt reached the dazzling heights that some predicted but a quality unit none the less.

Whats your favourite Kizza moment???

I miss him having pings at goal tbh

Whats your favourite Kizza moment???

2008 final against North when he kicked three goals, that was the night he arrived.

The improvement in his game between 2007 and 2008 was remarkable and shows what hard work and dedication can do.

He had an underrated game in the 2012 grand final I thought, as Hanners and O'Keefe took most of the plaudits, but his ability to kick goals when we didn't have a dominant forward line was a big part of our success that year.

I hope that he can resolve the dispute with his parents and that he can celebrate his 200th with a win against the odds.

Cannot fathom why Kizza's mother would air this in such a public forum. Regardless, it's none of our business, nor the media's. If I want to catch up on family drama, I'll watch the Real Housewives (low-key Real Housewives fan thanks to my girlfriend). But to us, Kieren's a footballer, and a bloody good one at that. Take him out of a midfield with JPK, Hanners and Parker, and he'd be talked about endlessly. Has had his low moments but geez, what a career of highs.

All Australian. Premiership player. Best and fairest. One of the all-time greats at the Bloods. Has the toughness of the Roos-era, but the athleticism of the Horse-era.

Hope the boys rally around him and get a win.

Personal issues aside as its no one's business.

Fantastic effort to learn the game as a tagger and develop into a great midfielder for the club during a successful period.

I can still remember watching him play in the ressies in the mid-2000s. In fact I still have some photos when he was this short, skinny blonde kid in number 48, with a really bad kicking action. There were certainly more talented players in the reserves squad during those days but probably none worked as hard as Kizza did to improve his game. Every year he would noticeably get better in different areas of his game, broke into the senior team, became a regular, became an effective tagger, became a very good attacking midfielder in his own right, won a flag, became captain. It's certainly a meteoric rise for someone who was really a gamble at the back end of the rookie draft.

These are from 2007 IIRC:
Not a bad ressies lineup, Doyle tapping down to Moore, LRT, Jack and Buchanan
JUvj5GN.jpg

Awful ball drop and kicking action, very RL-style
cpYWNMl.jpg

PRtljNp.jpg

DLrx7AR.jpg

A few weeks later a bit better but still quite off balanced
L6JGsiK.jpg

y0OrC1A.jpg

DmyWamt.jpg

Last edited:
Tough. Brave. Dedicated.

He's taken the lead like guys like Kirk or Kels would have... who also weren't the most skillful but their dedication & desire to succeed outweighs any limitations. They lead through their persistance.

Kizza has achieved so much. I love how he goes about it & I hope we can get up for him this Friday. He deserves a good solid "never say die" type win from the boys.

I actually think Kizza - and his peers like JPK, Hanners, Parker etc - are the best midfield group in the Bloods history. Always have a soft spot for Kirky, Jude, ROK etc, because of the underdog levels of success they achieved. But it's hard to go past a group that's driven us to a flag, two grand finals and four consecutive top four finishes. I don't have a preference or favouritism but it can be easy to gloss over just how crucial this period under Kizza & co has been to our club's history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great photos Grim, incredible to look back on how far he has come.

I remember his debut in 2007, we were smashed by Norf at Telstra Dome (before it became Etihad) and he had little impact, but to his credit he went away and worked on his game and became a solid player. Also should get some credit for Lewis Jetta's 2012 season, having them train together in the pre-season was a masterstroke.

Kieran's goal after Young slipped over in the goal square in the 2012 Grand Final is firmly entenched in my memory. One hand on the cup after that goal. Congratulations Kieran. A tough but fair and skilful player who many young kids (in bum sniffing heartland) look up to. Indirectly responsible for the current and future success of our academy IMHO.

A real warrior, at his best when taking it on.and I love seeing him absolutely back himself. Fair to say he has squeezed every drop of ability out of himself KJ is a true reflection of where hard work will get you. A humble champion.

One of my faves, and having grown up in Sydney, I love the Dad Was a Rugby League Legend back story.

Sorry to hear about the falling out, but it's nobody's business.

All the best for the 200th Kizza. I have no doubt we'll see you crack 300.

Last edited:
Robert Walls said he'll be lucky to get to ten games in commentary early on, glad we don't hear from him anymore. Well done KJ, great story, great career and more to come.

Kieran's goal after Young slipped over in the goal square in the 2012 Grand Final is firmly entenched in my memory. One hand on the cup after that goal. Congratulations Kieran. A tough but fair and skilful player who many young kids (in bum sniffing heartland) look up to. Indirectly responsible for the current and future success of our academy IMHO.
Yeh, that's entrenched in my mind too

a great story tarnished by some awful parent tweets. I hope the late mail is right and BJ runs out next to him.

oh yeah, he definitely slipped;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back