Movie KINGSMAN 2 : The Golden Circle

Remove this Banner Ad

Anxious about this after GotG2. Biggest challenge won't be making a good movie, but just making an enjoyable movie that maintains the spirit and style of the first. Technically aspects like story and writing can be forgiven.

It used to be said the third movie was always the hardest/worst. Right now I think it's the second.

Anxious about this after GotG2. Biggest challenge won't be making a good movie, but just making an enjoyable movie that maintains the spirit and style of the first. Technically aspects like story and writing can be forgiven.

It used to be said the third movie was always the hardest/worst. Right now I think it's the second.

Gotg 2 was not that bad, ended pretty strong.

Part 1 of this is one of the more overrated recent movies I can think of so for me the only way is up.

This was one of those movie that surprised me, kinda like Kickass and Jack Reacher and then I hated the sequels to those movies.

Hoping this is different because the first was heaps of fun.

Yep.

So difficult now to make a good sequel to a surprise hit. I reckon Deadpool 2 is also in the same boat.

Sent from mTalk

Gotg 2 was not that bad, ended pretty strong.

Part 1 of this is one of the more overrated recent movies I can think of so for me the only way is up.

I can only disagree with most of that.

I guess guardians 2 did end well.

Sent from mTalk

Enjoyed the first movie. Can't say I've been hanging out for a sequel though. Bringing back Colin Firth's dead character seems lazy as *.

Technically aspects like story and writing can be forgiven.
Not to me. The writing is where a great movie starts. Take Avatar as an example. All the CGI and decent acting/directing couldn't lift this story to the greatness they wanted. Why? Because the script was poorly written and they used well-worn plot twists and tropes, rather than strive for something that matches all the other aspects. A bad or average script can never be turned into a good/great movie IMO.

Not to me. The writing is where a great movie starts. Take Avatar as an example. All the CGI and decent acting/directing couldn't lift this story to the greatness they wanted. Why? Because the script was poorly written and they used well-worn plot twists and tropes, rather than strive for something that matches all the other aspects. A bad or average script can never be turned into a good/great movie IMO.

I get that, but to use GotG2 as an example, the writing was just as sharp but the style, tone and heart of the movie shifted too much.

They need to focus on what made the first great (to me). Strong characters, a great balance of originality and self aware homage, acting, the music, and tight as * plot.

Writing is a big part of it but they need to keep going the same way, not change it for whatever reason.

Avatar was too silly and basic to have proper heart. Also, seeing a guy basically side with aliens was a dud story move that no writing could sell, no matter how great.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Writing is a big part of it but they need to keep going the same way, not change it for whatever reason.
The story is what makes a movie, not the CGI or the actors, or the action sequences. A story comes from the mind of the writers. When you walk out of a film a with a hollow feeling and think, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, that's because the writers failed to make the story work. The writers are the foundation the house is built on. Having said that, I have read how producers and directors tamper with story lines and scripts to a great degree in the film industry. I think this is where a film starts losing cohesion, too many cooks in the kitchen, and is probably why sequels go off the rails.

The story is what makes a movie, not the CGI or the actors, or the action sequences. A story comes from the mind of the writers. When you walk out of a film a with a hollow feeling and think, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, that's because the writers failed to make the story work. The writers are the foundation the house is built on.

The writers don't always come up with the story though. George Lucas storied Empire Strikes Back but didn't write it. George Lucas storied Attack of the Clones and did write it.

The writers execute the concepts but don't always conceive them.

Sent from mTalk

Just watched it.

Not bad not as good as the first.

Villain wasn't as good, character was OK but I didn't like that 50s set up. Started well but was crap when they bought back Colin Firth's character. Seem to go downhill after that. Also that confected drama with the Glastonbury Music girl and the dilemma with the princess didn't really gel with the movie.

Didn't mind it but got a bit boring towards the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back