Scandal Krakouer whacker

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Bit pointless banning a player who can't play anyway.

Good call but honestly, clubs and the AFL are often inconsistent with punishments (think the maximum $5k fine, ends up being loose change to most players). Him fronting the media would be more embarrassing and thus more of a punishment than being suspended when you're injured anyway.

Do players not receive pay for games they are suspended internally as opposed to injured?

Would this likely be part of the player contracts?

A decent ban though if he wasn't actually fighting.

The way the press release reads, it appears they were more upset by him drinking than anything else.
That's how I read it too but it seems like a harsh punishment for drinking alone.

I think the punishment is to light on. when well a 27 yr old learn?
Shouldnt be drinking. shouldnt be out to early early hours in the morning. shouldnt put themselves in a position to get punched.
He was given time off for a family event, not to be drinking in a night club at early hours in the morning. especially when he is in rehab for a hammy also!

Id be surprised if he gets a look in at the best 22 from round 6 onwards. which is a shame as he would be in our best 22 comfortably when fit!

I think the punishment is to light on. when well a 27 yr old learn?
Shouldnt be drinking. shouldnt be out to early early hours in the morning. shouldnt put themselves in a position to get punched.
He was given time off for a family event, not to be drinking in a night club at early hours in the morning. especially when he is in rehab for a hammy also!

Id be surprised if he gets a look in at the best 22 from round 6 onwards. which is a shame as he would be in our best 22 comfortably when fit!
I'd guess that this would be the main issue... A common rule that there is no drinking allowed when players are injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd guess that this would be the main issue... A common rule that there is no drinking allowed when players are injured.
Really do not get this idea at all.

How likely is an aggravation of an injury going to be when you're pissed? Maybe if you go to a three day camping festival or something and you're up and about, but fans and clubs call this s**t out when someone's been Instagrammed at a house party in some deck chairs. I don't get how that's going to influence anything. If anything, the hangover the next morning will be the best bed rest possible!

Really do not get this idea at all.

How likely is an aggravation of an injury going to be when you're pissed? Maybe if you go to a three day camping festival or something and you're up and about, but fans and clubs call this s**t out when someone's been Instagrammed at a house party in some deck chairs. I don't get how that's going to influence anything. If anything, the hangover the next morning will be the best bed rest possible!
Like you I am lazy but a little bit less so I only copied the first article I could find on the subject.

http://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/abou...cle_uuid=752BCC77-BDD9-826F-CB3F-4E7B4699B08E

And it wouldn't be hard to imagine club medics would have relayed the same message.

Correct, my understanding is he would be ready to resume by round 2-3 so in effect the club is imposing a 3-4 week ban on him.
Which is a pretty hefty ban considering some of the slap on the wrists that have been handed out by clubs recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back