Lachie Hunter - Alleged bloody idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodgey got no weeks and kept the captaincy.

I don't get the need to impose a penalty on top of what the law does. I drink drive and lose my licence, I don't get suspended or sacked.

Hysterical overreactions in here imo
Bullshit mate, these players are role models for young kids. You think it’s ok that a young kid might look at Lachie drink driving and think it’s ok to do? Wake up mate

The authorities and possibly the club have spoken to all involved. They would’ve spoken to Baileys Mrs family no doubt, so they’ve obviously told the same story as Hunter. If he’s lying about what’s happened, so have the others.

As for driving to Baileys Girlfriends house so Bailey can drive him to Gowers?
Why would he drive there? And why would he just rock up without Bailey or the others knowing he was doing so? Wouldn’t you just ask Bailey to pick you up? Or just drive to Gowers on your own? Seems strange.
But if this is how it actually played out, why did Hunter lie about it?

That alternate storyline is quiet bizarre when you think about it. Not as many coincidences but bizarre to say the least.

Argues with the Mrs, storms out of the house, decides to drive to Smiths girlfriends house (this is bizarre bit, he’s the 19year old rookie, why would you drive to his GF’s families house?) so Bailey can drive him to Gowers house. He crashes his car on arrival, exchanges details with some of the car owners and then gets a lift to Gowers. He then makes up another similar story to tell police which results in probably the same punishment.
Are you saying Hunter is banging Bailey’s Mum? Jesus H

Bullshit mate, these players are role models for young kids. You think it’s ok that a young kid might look at Lachie drink driving and think it’s ok to do? Wake up mate

Always struggled with this concept of players been role models for kids.

I think that statement gets thrown around to easily. Kids are influenced more by the people in their environment and closest to them.

Have not read this thread, but know the rough facts including that Hunter is up for about $150k for the wrecked cars.

Have we forgotten what we did at his age?

Are we all hanging him?

If so, watch last night's ABC TV Foreign Correspondent. Riding shotgun with New York City's ambos.

Perspective, my Doggies friends.

They also get paid a lot of money to play footy, and we essentially pay their wages. They don't have to be perfect role models, but they could at least look like the give a s**t off field. Especially if they do that infuriating blind kick over the shoulder & have no right foot. If you've got mad skillz likeThe Bont it's diferent. He could summon a dragon from Hades & ride on its back cackling & and use it set fire to a daycare centre and I'd be down with that.

They might be drafted to play footy, but they could take all the pingers, wine & ladies they want and play ammos.

Sadly am awake. Kids will also see the law punish Hunter so I doubt they get the message it's ok to dink drive. Rubbing him out for nigh on a season as you suggested is an extreme and an hysterical over reaction IMO.

Agree to disagree.

Always struggled with this concept of players been role models for kids.

I think that statement gets thrown around to easily. Kids are influenced more by the people in their environment and closest to them.
Lachie just the week before posted a video in support of a young fan of his who has health issues. Also sent him some footy boots.

OK, I'll play.

So let's say Bont did what Hunter did.

What penalties should apply?
Nothing.
He’s the Bont and can do whatever the bloody hell he wants.
The others would have to pay for Bont’s car because they shouldn’t have been parked in his way in the first place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I gather from all media outlets and the club statement is that he was on his way to Gowers? He crashed in to the cars on the way to Gowers place. Not on his way to Baileys GF’s house.
Unless I’m wrong about that.

You're right, but the conspiracy theory is what are the chances that out of all the places he could have been and cars he hit, it just happened to be at Smith's girlfriend's house while he was there? That seems like an almighty coincidence...

Was he picking up Smith to join him at Gowers' house? Something innocent like picking something up from Smith? Or it could be truly a complete coincidence.

You're right, but the conspiracy theory is what are the chances that out of all the places he could have been and cars he hit, it just happened to be at Smith's girlfriend's house while he was there? That seems like an almighty coincidence...

Was he picking up Smith to join him at Gowers' house? Something innocent like picking something up from Smith? Or it could be truly a complete coincidence.

I'm just not sure Hunter and Gowers would choose Smith to hang out with out of all their teammates.

Apparently he called his manager before calling the club. Also, the use of a photo prominently featuring Toby Greene with a headline "the bane of our existence" is kind of great.
His manager should have advised Lachie to call the club immediately, if he hadn't already. Surely that requirement is standard throughout the league and should be well known by players AND managers. Lachie really lost the plot that night.

Apparently he called his manager before calling the club. Also, the use of a photo prominently featuring Toby Greene with a headline "the bane of our existence" is kind of great.
Haha. That's good ... and probably deliberately juxtaposed by the subby. Even though the "bane" comment came from Eddie Maguire.

What's interesting to me is that all three players (Hunter Smith & Gowers) have Connors as a manager. Probably Greene as well.

It'd be great to have a list of managers for all 800-odd listed players. I reckon you could work up some great rumours and conspiracy theories! Probably none of them true but it'd keep the wheels turning during the lockdown.

Yeah, 19yr old is at GF’s house? WTF

This is the house of a grown set of parents who’s 19yr old daughter has a similarly aged BF.
But hunter just thought he’d cruise over to this grown couples house to hang with Smith or to get him to drive to Gowers house?
Yeah, seems completely reasonable. Not sure why the parents lied and said that this isn’t what happened.

We love oppo supporters dropping in to say hi, especially ones not quiet as right as yourself F_da rest. Let me guess...your email address contains the number 69?

His manager should have advised Lachie to call the club immediately, if he hadn't already. Surely that requirement is standard throughout the league and should be well known by players AND managers. Lachie really lost the plot that night.

Ward. Stringer.

Connors actually probably isn't on the best terms with the club.

*I did not know that Bailey Smith was a client of his - this makes me feel slightly uneasy going forward.

Yeah, 19yr old is at GF’s house? WTF

This is the house of a grown set of parents who’s 19yr old daughter has a similarly aged BF.
But hunter just thought he’d cruise over to this grown couples house to hang with Smith or to get him to drive to Gowers house?
Yeah, seems completely reasonable. Not sure why the parents lied and said that this isn’t what happened.

We love oppo supporters dropping in to say hi, especially ones not quiet as right as yourself F_da rest. Let me guess...your email address contains the number 69?

Come on Charlie, did you tell your parents everything. The parents would not and do not have to know why Hunter was on his why to their house. Who knows why but I'm calling BS it was a coincidence and I reckon most people like me who have done the odd stupid thing in their life also knows its BS.

Come on Charlie, did you tell your parents everything. The parents would not and do not have to know why Hunter was on his why to their house. Who knows why but I'm calling BS it was a coincidence and I reckon most people like me who have done the odd stupid thing in their life also knows its BS.

Can we please stop these incredibly creepy insinuations about a teenage girl who is not a public figure at our football club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back