Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that schultz has been ok up until tonight but he was poor tonight and looked more worried about himself than the game.
He is clearly a very stressed player at the moment and you cannot enjoy playing when you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. Everything seems rushed and strained. His tackling and chasing is still outstanding. It will come.

Horrible footballer, we got sucked in a beauty, freo laughing all the way!!
Yep. He won the Ross Glendinning Medal twice. That is only possible when a player can perform when the heat of a game is most intense. He is a gun when on song and was my favourite player outside of Collingwood before he came here. Watch more footy.

Yep. He won the Ross Glendinning Medal twice. That is only possible when a player can perform when the heat of a game is most intense. He is a gun when on song and was my favourite player outside of Collingwood before he came here. Watch more footy.
Against an inept WCE side!

I watch plenty enough footy, maybe you should watch more.

He is clearly a very stressed player at the moment and you cannot enjoy playing when you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. Everything seems rushed and strained. His tackling and chasing is still outstanding. It will come.
He looked so distracted tonight.

Disagree. Much of the angst about Schultz is based purely on the trade. People just need to get over the trade. His 16 disposals (more than McCreery, Hill and Harrison, and McCreery and Harrison had time on-ball) and 6 tackles (more than McCreery, Hill and Richards), and 22 PAs (more than Harrison, Hill and Richards) is an average game from a small forward. I’m not saying he had a great game, but the hyperbole over him is just bullshit.
This. It's almost like the only thing the haters expect from him is goals. If he got 3 touches, 3 goals, 0 tackles, 0 pressure acts they would be happy. He worked really hard up the ground. MCrae knows his worth.

It’s actually embarrassing reading through some of the negative comments about Schulz on here.

Yes, he hasn’t performed to the level of what we had to trade to bring him in, but you can tell he is leaving no stone un turned to deliver for us.

It hasn’t clicked yet, but he goes out there each week and plays like his life depends on it, and if you can’t get behind a guy that plays with that level of effort and desperation to win for this club then I feel sorry for you.

15 metres out and misses the goals. Lost us the game in hindsight.

People constantly go on about his pressure, but he spends 90% of the game chasing a player 1-2 metres behind them and they know he'll never catch them because he only has 1 pace so they don't actually feel the pressure that a Hill or Mcreery provide.

According to the AFL website and their fantasy points or whatever it's called he ranked in our top 10 players.

According to my eye test he didn't. But the point is that he is obviously doing some good things we may not notice.

And I agree with all the posters who are saying stop judging him on his trade price. He had no say in that. He wanted to come to our club and we decided he was worth that price. He has no obligation to live up to what we decided to pay. We could have just walked away from the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schultz just hasn't got his mojo working as yet, works hard but it's just not happening for him. Fair argument he does need time and a breakout game is coming.

Now whether you are in the give him time camp or, move him aside camp, Richards has come in and been mighty impressive as has Harvey.

Once Elliot is fit, Checkers gets back again and McStay is finally back, it's neither Richards nor Harvey that I would be asking to make way, on the current sample.

That said, what McCreery and Schultz are supposed to bring is the ability to lock it in and lock down our forward line, depriving oppo backman of the ball.

People constantly go on about his pressure, but he spends 90% of the game chasing a player 1-2 metres behind them and they know he'll never catch them because he only has 1 pace so they don't actually feel the pressure that a Hill or Mcreery provide.
BS.... You have picked him out but overlooked Bruz's two turnovers that led to Freo goals. Brodies two missed set shots. The free against Sullivan. Our 2 tall forwards missing in the last Q causing us to go with an undersized forward line yet we kept bombing the ball high to them. The 15 points that we kicked. We started leaking goals when we moved Frampton. Limited rotations due to injuries. 6 players under 10 games buggered on their feet. Naicos missing two he would normally kick. It was a cumulative effect why we lost but you were man enough to pull out one.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can make it so only your friends can send you private messages / comment on your photos i'm fairly sure...
Would it still be called social media? Or private messaging?
Not being a smart arse bro. Just curious

Would it still be called social media? Or private messaging?
Not being a smart arse bro. Just curious

It's a social network within your friends/family/community.

It doesn't need to be completely open to the public.

There isn't a famous celebrity alive who wouldn't get death threats/SA threats ect if any wierdo could just privately start messaging them.

You can make it so only your friends can send you private messages / comment on your photos i'm fairly sure...
Victim blaming, nice.

You're the same bloke that says no one should call out vague racist comment as racism because it distracts from "the real racism" despite never calling out "the real racism" yourself. Now you're saying players only have themselves to blame for receiving death threats and abuse on social media.

In truth, you're nothing but a contrarian who wants to sweep issues under the rug and walk past the standards you claim to be in favour of.

Last edited:

22 Pressure Acts and 6 tackles - those numbers are better than Sullivan. Same number of PA’s as ND.

22 Pressure Acts and 6 tackles - those numbers are better than Sullivan. Same number of PA’s as ND.
True, but for sheer impact, he didn't come close to HH and Richards, who I would pick over him atm. We want to see his pack busting and great leading, which is what he's renowned for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back