Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep hard to fathom why we could give up 1 early pick for him, let alone 2. He is currently the worst in the team. Freo saw us coming. No wonder Wrighty left the country. :)
That is exactly why he left! Tell us how well we would be going and how much we would have flogged dockers tonight had we kept Ginny and our amazing early round draft picks?

Calling out the trade =/= mercilessly potting the player.

Schultz was undoubtedly poor, and we need more from senior players like him, especially with such a young team. But your dismissal of the “get around him” idea shows that you’re completely out of touch with the clubs culture. I’m sure they hold him to high standards whilst supporting him
Some of these 'supporters' would be the same ones who send abusive messages to players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confidence is shot. Also, if you're one of the Collingwood supporters who send him a dm bagging him, we don't want you. Piss off, you've made this worse.

They are just Idiots when they think they need to tell a Player they are Playing Bad

Calling out the trade =/= mercilessly potting the player.

Schultz was undoubtedly poor, and we need more from senior players like him, especially with such a young team. But your dismissal of the “get around him” idea shows that you’re completely out of touch with the clubs culture. I’m sure they hold him to high standards whilst supporting him

Disagree. Much of the angst about Schultz is based purely on the trade. People just need to get over the trade. His 16 disposals (more than McCreery, Hill and Harrison, and McCreery and Harrison had time on-ball) and 6 tackles (more than McCreery, Hill and Richards), and 22 PAs (more than Harrison, Hill and Richards) is an average game from a small forward. I’m not saying he had a great game, but the hyperbole over him is just bullshit.

Disagree. Much of the angst about Schultz is based purely on the trade. People just need to get over the trade. His 16 disposals (more than McCreery, Hill and Harrison, and McCreery and Harrison had time on-ball) and 6 tackles (more than McCreery, Hill and Richards), and 22 PAs (more than Harrison, Hill and Richards) is an average game from a small forward. I’m not saying he had a great game, but the hyperbole over him is just bullshit.
I think much of the angst is based on the trade, but it isn’t expressed as such. Or, it’s buried beneath shots at Schultz the player / person

Was pick 34 in last year’s draft. What did it end up being?
39 from memory.
…. Which we never would have used anyway.

No one needed points as those deals were already done and we didn’t have enough to warrant moving it into this year.
so the only value it had was to hang on to it to trade it out on draft night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back