Player Watch Lachie Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of luck to Sullivan - but I doubt he’ll need luck. I think he’ll sieze his opportunity with both hands, knowing how hard he had to work for it.

Lachie will also be a great reference point against which to judge the progress of Macrae and Harrison as well as any others who may debut later in the season, such as Allan and DiMattia.

Go smash ‘em, Lachie!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sullivan being selected ahead of Macrae has been telegraphed for a number of weeks. Not sure why anyone is surprised or annoyed by that.

It started with Macrae being omitted after the Brisbane game which put him right back in the pack, it continued when the coaches shifted Sullivan to half back to get a look at him in another role, it was amplified when he and Harrison were held over for Anzac Day, it was looking increasingly likely after he was shifted forward last round and all but confirmed once Mitchell and De Goey were ruled out.

Macrae has played some good solid VFL football in the last couple of years but Sullivan has been judged as better again if you look at his credentials and has earned this opportunity.

While his value at AFL level is yet to be determined and will remain so after his debut, his value in the VFL is now known and at 26 it's time to see if he can step up to the big time.

Good luck and congratulations on your Collingwoood AFL debut.

Great to see the guy get a go after all the time he spent at Footscray. Seemed to play his role and contribute. What's the general vibe, happy to have picked him up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see the guy get a go after all the time he spent at Footscray. Seemed to play his role and contribute. What's the general vibe, happy to have picked him up?
Me likey. Clean hands, gets to good positions. Obvious flaws (mostly physical), which is why it took him a very long time, but I like him. It's a position we are very shallow in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back