Delisted #41 Lachlan Rankin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more with rusty and DQ here. Rankin has some good attributes but can't say whether they're enough. I do agree with caesar88 that we weren't expecting him to play early and the fact that he hasn't done so doesn't damn him. But I don't agree with caesar88 that he has reason to expect more than 2 years to prove himself. He has to show that he is worthy of further investment for us to offer him an extension.

I don't have a clue whether Rankin will be retained or not - but I doubt he's definitely gone yet (because I think that definite would be based on conduct/character issues (think Michael Talia) that I don't think are an issue with Lachie). If he starts building form, we'd be dumb to delist him. But if we just decide he hasn't done enough, that's our list managers' job.

This was the right call. I enjoyed my chats with you, Lachie, and I wish you the best for the future.

Still disappointed he's gone but he had his chance I guess. Still think given 1 more season he might have pushed for senior selection
I don't really know that he did have much of a chance. We drafted him knowing he was a long-term project player so his first year was always going to be something of a write-off and then we did next to nothing with his role in his second year.

He probably has a right to come away feeling like we didn't do much for his development in the VFL and we probably had a right to make some tough list calls given the trade period we had.

I don't really know that he did have much of a chance. We drafted him knowing he was a long-term project player so his first year was always going to be something of a write-off and then we did next to nothing with his role in his second year.

He probably has a right to come away feeling like we didn't do much for his development in the VFL and we probably had a right to make some tough list calls given the trade period we had.
He and HHK were screwed by our poor team. HHK even more so. Ball launched over his head all the time to nowhere. No system that could use his skills. Rankin was less hard done by but the ball screaming through the midfield sure doesn't help. That said, who was more liable to be delisted? No-one. It's a very hard world.

He and HHK were screwed by our poor team. HHK even more so. Ball launched over his head all the time to nowhere. No system that could use his skills. Rankin was less hard done by but the ball screaming through the midfield sure doesn't help. That said, who was more liable to be delisted? No-one. It's a very hard world.
We just did nothing with him this year. He spent the entire season playing the same role.

If they didn't like what they were seeing enough to warrant offering him another contract, then actually do something with him and see what he shows. He played in every area of the ground as a junior but his entire two years at the Swans was spent in the same role in defensive 50.

On the one occasion he's moved forward - in the last game of the season, mind you - he snags a few goals. Too late by that point.

Hope he goes well at bedders' mob.

Was not a big fan of the kid but in his last game he was thrown forward for the first time (iirc) in his stint with us. Jagged a couple of snags and looked lively. Main issue I had with him was over reaching with his kicks.

We just did nothing with him this year. He spent the entire season playing the same role.

If they didn't like what they were seeing enough to warrant offering him another contract, then actually do something with him and see what he shows. He played in every area of the ground as a junior but his entire two years at the Swans was spent in the same role in defensive 50.

On the one occasion he's moved forward - in the last game of the season, mind you - he snags a few goals. Too late by that point.

Hope he goes well at bedders' mob.

They are my mob, not the Squaddies’

and snap … re Rankin’s last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a big fan of the coach

I have him on ignore , i go back to my Grandfather being the Ruckman and local milky
I like the ignore
What did I do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back