Latest ftp (2017-2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they moved the Ashes so it doesnt clash with the WC? I notice its scheduled for the same summer as the WC in England, a long tour!
Yeah seems odd considering they moved the Ashes series for the 2015 World Cup. At least they move the limited overs games to 2018 so the tour is not as long as it could've been for some players.

Bangladesh with a lot of tests..

Too many or not enough? :)

Despite the so called demise of Test cricket, a lot is scheduled. Whether they actually get played is another issue.

Tests scheduled from now until the end of 2019
Australia 34
Bangladesh 25
England 40
India 36
New Zealand 19
Pakistan 26
South Africa 35
Sri Lanka 33
West Indies 27
Zimbabwe 17

ICC Future Tours Programme (FTP) 2017-2020

Now updated through to the end of 2019. Windies get another Boxing Day Test. :drunk:

FTP has been non-binding since 2014. Series are now arranged purely via bilateral agreements and can be cancelled if boards wish. Given the drop in crowds and public interest when Pakistan and WI last toured at once (2009-10), I dare say Cricket Australia might be looking to secure someone else for the Boxing Day + New Year's Tests. Either send New Zealand/South Africa here or move the 2018-19 Sri Lanka series back a year IMO.

Top End will also receive some matches if Bangladesh end up touring next year. Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs, Townsville perhaps?

FTP has been non-binding since 2014. Series are now arranged purely via bilateral agreements and can be cancelled if boards wish. Given the drop in crowds and public interest when Pakistan and WI last toured at once (2009-10), I dare say Cricket Australia might be looking to secure someone else for the Boxing Day + New Year's Tests. Either send New Zealand/South Africa here or move the 2018-19 Sri Lanka series back a year IMO.

Top End will also receive some matches if Bangladesh end up touring next year. Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs, Townsville perhaps?

Windies can play at those venues too

I doubt those two would do so considering they have their own BD tests.

When do we play NZ in another test series? 19 tests for them is quite low.

Hopefully NZ add Tests vs Afghanistan and Ireland, those figures are woefully inadequate and just go to show the power of the almighty dollar in scheduling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back