Media League Tough Guys

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This absolutely looks like being a classic, glorious week in the SFA. Not only is it preliminary final weekend, it's the Royals facing the Bombers, which always promises to be the most firey match-up in the competition.

It is also appropriate given the entree that was SM 's 30 for 30 on HaroLad this week. Enough has been said in that thread that I don't need to go back over old ground. But one thing that wasn't mentioned amongst all of the reminiscing and sh*t-flinging, was that Haro would go at you in public with his mates, but he was equally as fierce in PM. I had some absolutely ripping PMs with him, both in the sense of it being friendly and logical, and in the sense of it being as firey and cut-throat as we were going at each other in threads.

And, in all honesty, that's what I loved most about that iteration of the Bombers. Tony Lynn 15, TheCoach16, KohPhi; all great clubmen in their own right, and all fierce competitors in the cut and thrust of match threads and media. And the best thing was that they were all capable of reason, and we all respected each other. The same went of PMs, if we were going hard, we were going hard regardless of whether we had the help of teammates and the eye of the league.

They are the true league tough guys, the ones who can back it up both in public, and in private.

Enter the new-age Bomber, one's who weren't here for the shitfight heydey, and who have absolutely been revelling in the Bomber noteriety and hard-edged banter. Gleefully pushing the envelope, and acting tough in public. And guess what? One of these snowflakes were challenged in PM by a key Royal. And guess what happened? They squibbed. They literally couldn't do anything but shirk it without their teammates. A literal teenager had more stones.

All will be revealed shortly.

This concept of 'tough guys' is much, much bigger than the SFA. It's a generational thing in my view.
For example, when i look at a picture of my Grandfather in his 20's, I look at this..

images.jpeg-295.jpg

In 40 or 50 years when let's say... oh I don't know.. let's say BRAB's grand kids look at a picture of him in his 20's, they'll see this..

images.jpeg-294.jpg

Like I said... it's much bigger than the SFA.

This concept of 'tough guys' is much, much bigger than the SFA. It's a generational thing in my view.
For example, when i look at a picture of my Grandfather in his 20's, I look at this..

View attachment 1020648

In 40 or 50 years when let's say... oh I don't know.. let's say BRAB's grand kids look at a picture of him in his 20's, they'll see this..

View attachment 1020649

Ha! That’s a human person, but he looks kinda like a dog.
We live in good times. Good good times.

View attachment 1020648

View attachment 1020649

LOL. They will also see a love react on the photo from brahj

View attachment 1020648

View attachment 1020649

You’re aware the army still exists, right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok manangatang and NaturalDisaster do your thing. Draw that black line and consign and consign this powder puff contest to the recycler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back