Current Michael Jackson - Leaving Neverland

Remove this Banner Ad

No probs I will do a search ,but I don’t believe he even said MJ was innocent or guilty he was just making a general observation of the doc as a whole and the bloke Wade Robson .
Happy to discuss any points you wish to highlight but at the moment you have linked a clip and just said you agreed with that.

I don't really know how far this "He's dead so he can't defend himself" carries weight, really. It's a consideration, sure, but hardly a decisive one. And as has been mentioned many times, these accusations existed while he was alive and he paid to make them go away. Have you watched the documentary, out of interest?

Like I said it holds weight for me , maybe not so for you or others not a problem everyone’s different . Yes watched it , but won’t be watching tmrw nights second half though .

Let's face it, I think the likelihood is that Jackson was a child abuser. It's been suspected for a long time and not that much I've seen or heard has exactly lessened those suspicions.

Radio stations can make their own decisions with regards to playing his music, but I'm certainly not going to be removing his music from any of my playlists. I think you can still enjoy the genius of the music while acknowledging that the human who made that music most likely wasn't a great person.

Most of Jimmy Saviles accusations came after he died. Anyone who has problems with these post-Jackson allegations have a problem with the Savile ones?
While not lessening the severity of what Jackson seems to have done, I feel that Savile's sheer volume of offending was on a whole other level.

Are the docos primarily changing opinions because they put a graphic description to the offences he has always been accused of,or is there something more? I’ve always thought he was guilty but interested why this is changing opinions given it doesn’t seem to add anything new other than the graphic nature of how it’s described
Cos people are irrational and choose to ignore and then forgot. This has reminded everyone and put an emotional side to it. Emotion works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching it now, the parents do baffle me quite a bit, especially the Australian Mum. A man in his early 30s talking to your 7-8 year old son up to 6-7 hours a day for 2 years, and endless faxes professing his love?

I mean seriously wtf?

The phone calls came later but initially he has the whole family at his ranch for an extended visit. The nature of his celebrity was that he created a make believe world free from outside influences.

So you have a charismatic person isolating them where there’s nobody pointing out the absurdity. Showers them with gifts, love bombing and manipulation.

If goes beyond grooming and is more akin to the techniques cults use to condition.

Decided to watch it.

Wade Robson seems a bit of a dick imo

Not saying anything until now and then putting the blame on his mother for her not doing more to stop Michael dosent sit well with me.

She asked Wade if Michael did these things and he said no.

The Jimmy bloke says he dosent like looking at the jewellery that Michael gave him for sexual favours but yet he’s kept them.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Wade cops backlash from lawyers,judges etc for lying in court in 2005.

Decided to watch it.

Not saying anything until now and then putting the blame on his mother for her not doing more to stop Michael dosent sit well with me.

The Jimmy bloke says he dosent like looking at the jewellery that Michael gave him for sexual favours but yet he’s kept them.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Wade cops backlash from lawyers,judges etc for lying in court in 2005.

Seriously? A 7yo has every right to expect their mother to protect them, his resentment is justified and given the circumstances he’s rather charitable towards her.

Your just looking for a reason to criticise them now.

Decided to watch it.

Not easy to acknowledge what is happening/happened , caught up in the attention they are receiving.
Very typical for abuse survivors to behave this way.

A mother, the absolute primary care giver, should be 100% looking out for their child no matter the circumstances. To me, there is absolutely no question that this guy did inappropriate things to children. When you are as rich and powerful as Jackson was, you can pay anyone enough to either keep them quiet or have your defence lawyers work something out. Plus as a kid, if an adult you absolutely adore and love tells you to keep a secret, you are damn well going to keep that secret. Jackson said he'd "kill himself" if the kids ever gave up his secrets.

And to those who say "why are they coming out 20 years later??", admitting to sexual abuse one received as a child is a very hard thing to come to terms with, especially as you get older and realise the severity of it all. I know grown men who took 30-40 years to come forward. Up until very recently, people kept this sort of thing to themselves, as this kind of circumstance usually led to it being swept under the rug and never spoken of. Only now are people coming out with their stories. Those who are blaming the victims for the timing are likely to have not been victims of sexual abuse themselves. I am not a victim, but a number of close people to me are.

Just looking at the facts

No your criticising someone for being resentful of their mother for leaving him in the bed of a child molester.

https://www.mjfacts.com/

If you want facts you can skip the articles on this site and go straight to the source documents. Trial transcripts, police reports etc.

This bloke is spot on imo

Oh jeez. Not a good start “Even if they were abused it was ages ago so shut up about it already.” I really think you’re looking for reasons to disbelieve these guys. So what’s your stance having seen the doco? You think they’re lying? Does that mean you think all their family members are lying too?

Oh jeez. Not a good start “Even if they were abused it was ages ago so shut up about it already.” I really think you’re looking for reasons to disbelieve these guys. So what’s your stance having seen the doco? You think they’re lying? Does that mean you think all their family members are lying too?

Want to believe them but at the same time I don't.

Just looking at the facts
The facts are the reporting of child sexual abuse is denied by the victim for ages.
Your simplistic understanding shows you have no experience with the issue.
Here is a brief article but there is plenty of scholarly documents which shows the reporting of sexual abuse to the time for reporting the crime is lengthy .Many issues come into play with no simple formula .

Disclosure is not an event but a process. Many factors are at play in enabling or constraining a child to speak directly about abuse and bringing that complaint to the attention of the authorities. The age and development of the child, the relationship of the child to the perpetrator, the severity of the abuse and the availability of support dynamically shape the disclosure process.

Multiple stressors in the child’s family and community context, and social and cultural attitudes that shame and blame victims, can create environments in which disclosure is fraught with difficulty. The process of disclosure often involves behavioural and indirect cues, and accidental disclosures, as much or more often than a conscious decision to tell someone about the abuse.

http://theconversation.com/why-does-it-take-victims-of-child-sex-abuse-so-long-to-speak-up-46412

Remove this Banner Ad

Back