Current Home invasion murder of Dr Michael Yung in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide

This case has taken a few twists. Initially it was suspected that a gang of youths who were targeting high end motor vehicles was involved as they were captured on cctv the same night this happened, but today we learn that it was unrelated and a young couple with a child have been arrested and charged .

So sad for a highly respected Dr to lose his life in these circumstances

This one is a bit bizarre.

On the surface the accused couple look pretty normal. They look presentable and have a young child.

Apparently a steady stream of recent court appearances for both in recent times and now obviously this. Child apparently conceived in a one-off encounter that they then tried to turn into an ongoing relationship (‘unsuccessfully’ according to the papers).

Totally tragic and it hurts worse when it’s someone who has been (and would have continued to be) a serious contributor who is (allegedly) murdered by two train wrecks who can’t get their act together.

This one is a bit bizarre.

On the surface the accused couple look pretty normal. They look presentable and have a young child.

Apparently a steady stream of recent court appearances for both in recent times and now obviously this. Child apparently conceived in a one-off encounter that they then tried to turn into an ongoing relationship (‘unsuccessfully’ according to the papers).

Totally tragic and it hurts worse when it’s someone who has been (and would have continued to be) a serious contributor who is (allegedly) murdered by two train wrecks who can’t get their act together.
Police had their dna, so yeah sounds like they had priors .
They were caught shoplifting from 2 stores the next day, and were weeks behind in rent, so they sounded pretty desperate

Been reading and wondering which of the pair is the leader. The lady is 5 years older, while the gentleman, as far as you can tell by social media, looks to be as dumb as dogshit.
The amount of young men who post quotes on their social media about trust, respect, true friends, being real, and not having problems with the law is very low.

Shoplifting first aid supplies.

Been reading and wondering which of the pair is the leader. The lady is 5 years older, while the gentleman, as far as you can tell by social media, looks to be as dumb as dogshit.
The amount of young men who post quotes on their social media about trust, respect, true friends, being real, and not having problems with the law is very low.

Shoplifting first aid supplies.
Never trust a man dating an older woman! :D

Police had their dna, so yeah sounds like they had priors .
They were caught shoplifting from 2 stores the next day, and were weeks behind in rent, so they sounded pretty desperate
No surprises the police had their DNA given they are both meth heads.

Sad that drugs destroys so many lives...

The lady is 5 years older, while the gentleman, as far as you can tell by social media, looks to be as dumb as dogshit.
She ain't no lady & he certainly is no gentleman.
I agree that they are indeed dogshit.

I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever, but I'm curious about what the law says in relation to how someone can be arrested in such circumstances.

I realise it's drastic/urgent/serious circumstances arresting someone for such a serious offence, but in normal circumstances would there have been 2 plain clothes Police officers - 1 for both alleged offenders?

I understand that in public it's not appropriate for the cop to use a gun to arrest him, and that politely telling the guy he's under arrest wouldn't work.

But there just seems lots of different variables (seriousness of alleged offence; amount of police relative to alleged offenders; is it in a public place) - from the outside it looks complicated, but it's probably just a matter of not seeing much footage of arrests such as this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is from Daily Mail article

Screenshot_20231215_130210_Chrome.jpg

Odd that the son was home at the time and the injuries to the chest,bowel and head.
WTF did they do to him?
On the surface looks like a couple of drug fiends hit a random house of a wealthy person.
Where was the son while his old man is getting beat to within an inch of his life?Asleep?
Something suss going on here.

I have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever, but I'm curious about what the law says in relation to how someone can be arrested in such circumstances.

I realise it's drastic/urgent/serious circumstances arresting someone for such a serious offence, but in normal circumstances would there have been 2 plain clothes Police officers - 1 for both alleged offenders?

I understand that in public it's not appropriate for the cop to use a gun to arrest him, and that politely telling the guy he's under arrest wouldn't work.

But there just seems lots of different variables (seriousness of alleged offence; amount of police relative to alleged offenders; is it in a public place) - from the outside it looks complicated, but it's probably just a matter of not seeing much footage of arrests such as this.
What exactly.are you confused by this arrest?

2 known meth Heads were arrested for q home invasion killing the innocent occupant.

I don't understand your issue.

What exactly.are you confused by this arrest?

2 known meth Heads were arrested for q home invasion killing the innocent occupant.

I don't understand your issue.
I took it at meaning the cop throwing him to the ground in the shopping centre, and cuffing him , rather than just walking up to him and saying “your under arrest”.

I initially thought the presence of an uninjured 30 year old man in the house was strange. We now know this alleged crime was committed by two allegedly very disturbed people very quickly. The 30 year old was Dr Yung's son. He lived there. He could have been soundly asleep, awoke to this nightmare, responded as best he could, became distraught, then called police.

Robbery appears to have been the motive. Whether random or planned, poor Dr Yung had something these low-lifes wanted for $$$.

The only thing I find puzzling is that the couple were captured on camera at their local pharmacy stealing first-aid equipment the same night.

Last edited:
I took it at meaning the cop throwing him to the ground in the shopping centre, and cuffing him , rather than just walking up to him and saying “your under arrest”.
The cop knew he was dealing with a dangerous murderer not a jaywalker. The murderer was possibly less dangerous on the ground than standing when being arrested. No problem with police action at all.

I ly thought the presence of an uninjured 30 year old man in the house was strange. We now know this alleged crime was committed by two allegedly very disturbed people very quickly. The 30 year old was Dr Yung's son. He lived there. He could have been soundly asleep, awoke to this nightmare, responded as best he could, became distraught, then called police.

Robbery appears to have been the motive. Whether random or planned, poor Dr Yung had something these low-lifes wanted for $$$.

The only thing I find puzzling is that the couple were captured on camera at their local pharmacy stealing first-aid equipment the same night.
Very sad and very senseless
I'd say the one charged needed a first aid kit.

Hojuman not casting aspersions at the son,maybe suss not the right word but I found those details from the article odd.
When the news first came out they mentioned his wife died mysteriously in her sleep a few years ago which cast some initial doubt over the son I thought

he is bandaged up in the police video, but is puzzling if this happened before the attack

This is from Daily Mail article

View attachment 1872253

Odd that the son was home at the time and the injuries to the chest,bowel and head.
WTF did they do to him?
On the surface looks like a couple of drug fiends hit a random house of a wealthy person.
Where was the son while his old man is getting beat to within an inch of his life?Asleep?
Something suss going on here.
Rich consulant doctor's live in very large houses, so maybe the son was way down the other end and didn't hear anything as first or it took him some minutes to reach his injured dad.

Rich consulant doctor's live in very large houses, so maybe the son was way down the other end and didn't hear anything as first or it took him some minutes to reach his injured dad.
For sure,could've been in his room with headphones on at the other end of the house,
listening to music or gaming.

Always take the legs with a violent offender, cant run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back