LeBron Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

The first thing I asked myself when I read the article re Wingard's 'honest' pre-draft talk with Sheedy & Co. was: How many others felt that way and kept quiet, and are on the Giants' list on sufferance?

Didn't Brodie Grundy talk to GWS in similar tone, something like What've you really got to offer?

Look what happened at Brisbane, as well

Mmm, because you are in the inner sanctum of the crows and know how his team mates feel about him?

I'd say they're about the same, but one backs it up and the other doesn't.

Yeah, can't be considered draft tampering because he still would have gone there, he just wouldn't have stayed. It's GWS's fault for not drafting him and then backing in their "culture" to keep him, like we did with Wines.
Without googling it, who here can name the 5 players drafted by the Giants, before Chad landed in our lap at 6? The boy is a very special talent: somebody recently described him as the new Gavin Wanganeen - high praise indeed.

We've certainly struck gold in recent drafts - Wingard, Wines and Impey in successive years. Whatever the club is paying our recruiting staff, I say double it :)

Without googling it, who here can name the 5 players drafted by the Giants, before Chad landed in our lap at 6? The boy is a very special talent: somebody recently described him as the new Gavin Wanganeen - high praise indeed.

We've certainly struck gold in recent drafts - Wingard, Wines and Impey in successive years. Whatever the club is paying our recruiting staff, I say double it :)

Tyson, WHE, Buntine...not sure on the rest.

But... but... look at Dangerfield giving Johnston a serve even though he should've been leading hard to provide a passing option rather than casually trotting toward the pocket for some reason.

#theteamthing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I saw Hell Boy6669 in the crowd

babIqrv.png

I think I saw Hell Boy6669 in the crowd

babIqrv.png

To be fair to the blonde sheila I reckon she is doing that to her moron boyfriend for telling her barracking for the crows would be better than going for Port.

To be fair to the blonde sheila I reckon she is doing that to her moron boyfriend for telling her barracking for the crows would be better than going for Port.
I thought she was signalling '1 more goal and you will be in front'.

They love him that much over on the cows board, they've opened their own thread on him.

Have to admit, I think there would be some uncomfortable grumbling at the AFL at the Wingard quotes that went out in that article. It's not draft tampering, but it does kind of represent an instruction manual for young kids who don't want to be drafted by expansion teams.