Discussion Let's talk beer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you book in your aneuyrsm appointment for tomorrow?
No operation. No point having an appointment. May as well go straight to the opp. If I get on a roll tonight I’ve got another 3 slabs in my bedroom. Hoping I’ve got enough in the fridge though. There is 71 craft stubbies so should be ok.

I hope that's not your main fridge.
Of course it is. I eat a quarter chicken and chips with a wing please and 3 dim sims thank you plus no sugar coke to look after my weight every meal so no need for other things in the fridge. I do have zooper doopers in the freezer though

We’ve got a great local bottle shop up near Moorabbin train station that has a HUGE selection of crafties. It’s almost overwhelming the variety in the fridges up there. They also fill growlers with their tap selections too.

Speaking of growlers I picked this up the other day from a local brewery - 2 Brothers. They do growler fills down there at only $14 a pop for 2 litres. Bargain.

This was a Red IPA that runs around 8% abv :drunk::drunk::drunk:

349bf6e2f905d30747fe2d5f0e7661b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We’ve got a great local bottle shop up near Moorabbin train station that has a HUGE selection of crafties. It’s almost overwhelming the variety in the fridges up there. They also fill growlers with their tap selections too.

Speaking of growlers I picked this up the other day from a local brewery - 2 Brothers. They do growler fills down there at only $14 a pop for 2 litres. Bargain.

This was a Red IPA that runs around 8% abv

Is that the grape and grain. Love a bottle shop you can actually drink in. Their craft vb are really good.

Is that the grape and grain. Love a bottle shop you can actually drink in. Their craft vb are really good.

That’s the one. Great joint. We (used too) take the kids up there with some board games and some snacks, grab a table out the back and have a few beers. So good.

This was a Red IPA that runs around 8% abv

That word must mean something very different in Australia. o_O:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks amazing - just checked out their website. Gonna see if I can track some down here! How long you been in the US? The craft beer scene is cranking here these days. Southseas has some good suggestions below - especially the La Sirene beers.

I've been working my way through the Deeds Brewing range recently. Ripping beers in 440ml cans, including a bunch of different HIPAs if you're into your hazy beers (looks like you are).

Lots and lots of breweries, but another I Really like is CoConspirators, a husband and wife couple making great beer. The Matriarch HIPA is especially good.

I've been in the US most of my life. I've lived in Melbourne twice (once as a youngster and again in the early 90s). The craft beer scene on the U.S. West Coast (California, Oregon, Washington) has been strong since the mid-80s. Oregon State University has a well-established brewery science program that produces some of the top brewers in the U.S. We're very fortunate to be swimming in good beer.

Yep they are different but very good.....must admit I have a laugh when I see the 'premium' associated the the Cascade Stout.

Yeah, I remember Boags was s**t back in the 90s. You could get $15 dollar slabs back then. Then 10 years later it was premium beer. It was one of the first to be a span between VB and craft beer though. I still don't mind it though, easy to drink.

Yeah, I remember Boags was s**t back in the 90s. You could get $15 dollar slabs back then. Then 10 years later it was premium beer. It was one of the first to be a span between VB and craft beer though. I still don't mind it though, easy to drink.

Gotta admit Boags Draught is my go to beer.

The Premium is popular at the races etc and is a good beer but still like the draught

Remove this Banner Ad

Back