Lexton Plains Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

5 goals is not a bad win. Nararre have fallen quite short against Rokewood and Skipton and untill they knock off these teams, they will be a side that is putting all its eggs in one basket comes finals

Word is C/l are going to let Porter come back later this year, any truth to this? and also how would the fellas at C/l feel about him coming back?

Would he make any difference to the team? They would need to improve a lot to beat Rokewood let alone Skipton Good point though. Would they have him back?

Thanks Old School Biff but I do know a bit about the LPFL. Apparently he has been seen out at Buninyong a few times. Anyway there looks like some good games coming up this weekend.
C/L versus Illabarook at Linton sees C/L having a win. I see that Clint Ladiges played well in the Ressies so may have a senior game with Jimbo.
Natta against Lexton. Well Lexton for me as Natte have droppes the bundle this year
Navarre against the Eagles may be a bit closer but seeing that its a home game for Navarre they should win well. Ararat dont have any standouts or stars but are a team of triers
Skipton against Rokewood at home should see Skipton win . With Mackay, Molloy and Riske all playing well ( Fletcher may get a gig in the seniors after 9 goals in the 2s) although Hutchison has played well in the backline in the last 2 weeks. Should be close

My tips
Natte against Lexton. I'll go for natte in the upset of the round,
Navarre against the Eagles. Navarre at navarre may be the difference between the two teams, could go either way but Navarre for me.
Skipton against Rokewood. Another close one but i recon Rokewood will get over the line with mullanGrant kicking a bag.
Carnam against Illabrook. C/l should have an easy win.

well -

Natte did prove quite a upset and the game btw Illabarook and C/L was closer than anticipated.

Just felt there could be a few shocks this week. Was proven correct for 1 out of 3

Skipton too good Kid or Rokewood play poorly?? Can you blokes challenge Skipton in September??

The scooby doos keep rolling along nicely though I see..... A.Gibson in the best two weeks in a row!

Yes Gibson has been in sparkling form of late, very hard man to stop when firing, just a big agile unit that looks like he is turning back the clock to his rebels days...:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well fellas it sure was an intersting round. I must admit I got Natte wrong with a blow out at that game.
C/L vs Illabarook looked closer than was thought. C/L have had a lot of ins and outs with players this year. Heard a rumour that they have picked up Full Forward from Gippsland/Cent Highlands.
Navarre were a certaintity surely with that line up.
Skipton vs Rokewood game was interesting in that most goals were kicked to one end as the game see sawed with the last 10 mins Rokewood lost concentration (or something) and had Larkin not covered so he made the most of the last quarter.The Hoppers have some good players running around in the magoos and look to have some good numbers.

OK - we are over half way so consider the following=
B&F FOR 2009 = ?????????????
Flag Fav for 2009= Skipton?
Biggest Improver= Ararat they have lost 2 games by7pts twice,1pt once
Worst Performance= Natte getting beaten by Ararat
Best Performance= Ararat beating Natte

Yes Gibson has been in sparkling form of late, very hard man to stop when firing, just a big agile unit that looks like he is turning back the clock to his rebels days...:D

Very good pick up is Gibson for the 2s, only worry is will he b there next year? does like to travel around to club to club:D

Very good pick up is Gibson for the 2s, only worry is will he b there next year? does like to travel around to club to club:D

Must say did see him line up for Rokewood the other week against the Eagles, big man.Silvers Circus a bit worried about finding new tent because they cut his jumper and shorts out of it:Dleft a huge hole in it:eek:

Skipton too good Kid or Rokewood play poorly?? Can you blokes challenge Skipton in September??

The scooby doos keep rolling along nicely though I see..... A.Gibson in the best two weeks in a row!

Think it was summed up in a thread above, but 5 mins at the start, 3 goals to zip, then last 8-10 minutes, 5 goals to zip, was the difference. Certainly Skipton are the benchmark of the competition and have some very good players running around, deserved the win. But I would say that the score got run up a little bit in junk time in the last. All in all tho a great game of footy, I would think both sides would come away satisfied that they've learnt something to take into the next encounter.

Yes 2's traveling nicely as well, some real depth there is vey handy. Gibson is going nicely, would be a tough matchup

Anyone catch the WIN news last night? The Ararat rats are not going to field a team in the magoos for the rest of the season due to lack of numbers. They also spoke to Nats from the Eagles who said that their Ressies are OK but there U17's aren't. They have for forfeited all their U17's for the rest of the year. I know some clubs are struggling for Reserves like Lexton, Natte and the Eagles but some clubs like Rokewood have great numbers.To think years back Ararat had its own league.
Importing/changing leagues may not help as teams from the Mininera league into the LPFL wont help as teams in that league are struggling with their Reserves and numbers. Bolac have been struggling to put one full team on the park let alone 2 teams.

Any thoughts anyone????????????

Anyone catch the WIN news last night? The Ararat rats are not going to field a team in the magoos for the rest of the season due to lack of numbers. They also spoke to Nats from the Eagles who said that their Ressies are OK but there U17's aren't. They have for forfeited all their U17's for the rest of the year. I know some clubs are struggling for Reserves like Lexton, Natte and the Eagles but some clubs like Rokewood have great numbers.To think years back Ararat had its own league.
Importing/changing leagues may not help as teams from the Mininera league into the LPFL wont help as teams in that league are struggling with their Reserves and numbers. Bolac have been struggling to put one full team on the park let alone 2 teams.

Any thoughts anyone????????????
Not sure if the Rats presidant he said rest of season but they did on weekend!!!! ARARAT EAGLES numbers are the best we have been in our 9 year existance. We played Navarre on w/end and had 4 seniors and 6 reserves miss a game through injury and being unavailable. Yet we had two full sides. Our numbers are great. Average 32 people on the track. We played the first 4 u/17's games b4 forfeiting. They had an excess of u/17 players at start of year and as we have people missing out on reserve games we wanted to do a deal with Ararat rats.....but we got told basically to go get @#$%&*. What goes around.......comes around

The days of multiple teams from the one area are coming to a close i reckon. Especially further away from the city. More and more people are shifting closer to the bigger towns and are reluctant to go back to the country to play some footy

The days of multiple teams from the one area are coming to a close i reckon. Especially further away from the city. More and more people are shifting closer to the bigger towns and are reluctant to go back to the country to play some footy

Have to agree with you there. The Western District, Mallee and Wimmera areas are going to find hard in the future to find players. Every league has a team or two that are struggling to exist let alone trying to find players, sponsors, money and have people on committees to make clubs successful.
The only clubs or leagues that can attract players from major cities will survive and any clubs further out will have travel problems with plyers complaining about the distances.
Players heading off to Melbourne to Uni or work now tend to stay in Melbourne.
The next 3 years will see some leagues and clubs having to merge.

Dropped in to Lexton to Rokewood play Lexton to see an interesting game. In fact a schmozzle. 10 mins before three quarter time a brawl broke out an umpire ( maybe from Maryborogh) YELLOW CARDED 5 and sent off 5 Rokewood players and 2 Lexton players. So Rokewood played with 13 players and Lexton had 16 players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rokewood played well with so many players sent off.
Where do these umpires come from?
If they cant control then its their fault the players get upset

Dropped in to Lexton to Rokewood play Lexton to see an interesting game. In fact a schmozzle. 10 mins before three quarter time a brawl broke out an umpire ( maybe from Maryborogh) YELLOW CARDED 5 and sent off 5 Rokewood players and 2 Lexton players. So Rokewood played with 13 players and Lexton had 16 players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rokewood played well with so many players sent off.
Where do these umpires come from?
If they cant control then its their fault the players get upset

anyone no the name of him????

Anyone catch the WIN news last night? The Ararat rats are not going to field a team in the magoos for the rest of the season due to lack of numbers.
That'll make it quite hard for me to get a game.
Na, we haven't pulled the pin on the year, just couldn't get a side for the game against Nhill. Pity there wasn't a partnership worked out between the Eagles and the Rats, for whatever reason-we would kill for some players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back