jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
I like scantily clad women, and I like sport, I like athletic female bodies. When watching sports like womens beach volleyball, I have been known to spend more time watching the athletes than the actual sport. Why then does the LFL suck so much.

Why do I have such a problem with it, when I have no problem with any of the individual elements. I actually have more of a problem with this than with pr0n (and I do not really have much of a problem with pr0n).

To find the answer, I thought, under what circumstances wouldn't I have a problem with it.

If Channel 7 was a noted broadcaster of womens sport, if they chased after Womens football (over a hundred thousand participants, one of the fastest growing sports, a sport with historical ties to the community). If they chased after womens cricket (number 1 team in the world, winners of 50 over and T20 world cups, established national comp), or womens soccer (current Asian champions, number 8 in the world, strong national comp), Netball (one of Australias most popular games).

If I thought all the women taking part were taking part because they liked running around in public in their underwear (I am sure secretly quite a few of them do, exhibitionists are everywhere), and not because they wanted to play professional sport, and it was a sacrifice they had to make for that dream.

If their was widespread interest in playing American football in Australia, and demand for the broadcast of these leagues generally.

Under these circumstances, if it was one more womens sport Channel 7 was broadcasting, if the women participating were doing so because they chose the LFL over all the many other professional sporting options they could make, if it was to satisfy community demand for coverage of this sport, then, I could watch in good conscience.

However, none of these things are true. There is no widespread take up of this sport, these women are not coming through growing feeder leagues, Channel 7 has never shown interest in far more popular womens team sports. It is being broadcast because when they bend over in a huddle, you some bum crack and camel toe. Thats it, there is not other reason. It has no interest to anyone as a sporting contest.

It is pointless very soft pr0n.

I watched 5 minutes and was actually more upset with it than I thought I would be and had to turn it off.

If they think we accept this as sport, then I look forward to them telecasting the next AFL sanctioned womens round match. Something I would %1000 rather see. Somehow I do not think they will. Perhaps if the played in their nickers.

They had 7,000 at the game last night. Hoping for 7,500 minimum you'd think on Jan 11th for their next game there.

I'm going to the next game, at only $20 for an unreserved ticket, I can not wait.

I actually watched some of the American LFL on line, I am not opposed to the concept. Its Ch 7 that piss me off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back